Search results

1. T

dirt works BMC, fox, GT etc.

Do wholesaler / distributors have a future in Australia? Just read that dirt works are no longer the BMC bike dealer , and last year they lost the Fox dealership. (any insight ) Also Avanti are no longer going to bring in Specialized. cannonade and GT and are now being distributed by Dorel...
  2. T

Friday night racing at the You Yangs, GMBC

GMBC No Frills Fridays are on again. Nov 20, Nov 27, Dec 4, Dec 11, it's the low stress, high fun series. everyone welcome. rego at 6pm racing at 7pm. racing is around Kurrajong and we will have a different format each week. cheap entry fee, fun club racing. more info on the www.gmbc.com.au...
  3. T

heart rate and energy question

Advise re heart rate. During the last 3 hour surf coast race my heart rate for the first two laps was averaging at 178bpm And on my sixth lap I was only able to averaging 164bpm as my legs and back were shot. For the whole 3 hours my average heart rate was 170bpm. I am trying to work out...
  4. T

You Yangs Yowie 3rd oct. 4 weeks away

Ok folks, it is only four weeks till the you yang's yowie marathon race. Each lap is 33km and you have a choice of 33km, 66km (two laps) or the 99km (3 laps )of the you yang's. Have heard that GMBC will have online instant timing so you can ride with your iphone and not only check out face...
  5. T

king lake mtb park

heard a rumbling that the park ranger at king lake is very open to putting in a mountain bike park similar to the you yangs mtb park. word is no one visits the king lake nat park and they are looking to increase visits. due to the success of the you yangs the ranger is looking to copy the you...
  6. T

mt buller

has anyone been to Mt Buller in the last month. What it like for trail riding? are the new trails open? any ideas on were we can find more info? might head up there on a couple of days off next week if the weather fines up. ta.
  7. T

giro interviews etc

for those that haven't heard of it. Here is a fun Oz web site with interviews with lots of oz riders, lance etc at the Giro. http://ozcycling.com/home
  8. T

inspired me

Today I rode a mtb with an out door ed teacher who told me he didn't believe in politics and politics is a waste of time, then in the next breath he told me that logging the Amazon rain forest was a really bad thing. Rather than get into an argument I told him that the same was happening in...
  9. T

thanks to everyone involved on the bushfire endro

Hi folks. I know it has already been said but I have been away with work and not on the board. Really great effort from all the clubs, sponsors and all the riders. Mt bike riders are a generous lot. At last count $37 000 dollars. The Victorian mountain bike Clubs and bike industry...
  10. T

question for downhill riders URGENT!

Hi guys as you know alot of the areas that have burned have had downhill tracks and the people in these areas have been great to us mountain bikers. We are running an event on the weekend sunday at the you yangs, to raise money for these communities. If we added to the event that anyone could...
  11. T

Every Mt Biker is required this SUNDAY for bush fire relief

OK, so this has become HUGE. Do you ride a bike? Have you been wondering what you can do to help the bushfire appeal? Would you like to help AND score yourself some seriously good bike gear AND get in a XC or a DH event AND get to feel good about yourself for doing something really worthwhile...
  12. T

Every Mtber is required this SUNDAY for bush fire relief

first notice. Turn up , do one lap or do 10. Social, fun, band together to help out !!!! more info to come. Hi fellow MTB'ers, GMBC , FTF, Bendigo, Dirt Riders and several other Victorian clubs are banding together this weekend to run a 6 hour Enduro at the Stockyards You Yangs Regional Park...
  13. T

No Frills Friday POKER ROUND TRIAL.

No Frills Friday POKER ROUND TRIAL. Your speed around the track increases your chance to get the best hand and win the event. No Frills Friday combines, speed, skill and chance, to create a winner. INSTRUCTIONS: 1.At rego each rider receives 3 playing cards in an envelope. Do Not...
  14. T

No Frills Friday combines, speed, skill and chance, to create a winner.

No Frills Friday POKER ROUND TRIAL. Your speed around the track increases your chance to get the best hand and win the event. No Frills Friday combines, speed, skill and chance, to create a winner. INSTRUCTIONS: 1.At rego each rider receives 3 playing cards in an envelope. Do Not...
  15. T

bike fit help.

been having trouble with bike fit. every time i up my mileage to over 150k a week i get trouble with my right leg. have read a few articles on fit and be applying them over the last year and taken photos of position adjusted stem seat height rotation etc etc etc but think i now need to go to...
  16. T

best 2008 event?

The calendar is filling with more and more mtb races and events so for 2009 we may have to be more selective about the races we choose. We are talking about doing a few Qld and nsw races next year so would love to hear- Which was the best/ most fun event you entered in 2008 and why?:) For...
  17. T

weight training at the You Yangs

dose lifting a few rocks class as weight training? We would love to see any of you guys and girls that are free on sat the 29th at the You Yangs. You Yangs working bee SAT 29th Nov 10 am. Geelong Mountain bike Club. www.gmbc.com.au It is usually a fun day and your chance to put...
  18. T

You Yangs. chance to put something back and have fun

You Yangs working bee SAT 29th Nov 10 am. It is usually a fun day and your chance to put something back into the sport, and meet a lot of other mountain bikers in a non racing environment .Also working with trav and some of the experienced trail builders out there is fun as they have some...
  19. T

the GOroad?

dose anyone ride the great ocean road oftern?what's it like to ride on? enough room? do drivers get pissed off or is it a good weekend ride. are their too many tourist driving road maggets? read in a cadel interview once that he was sick of drivers throwing things at him and trying to run him...
  20. T

you yangs will sport rec award,

For your information:):):):):):):):):):):):):) Below is a summary of the successful award ceremony which recognised the effort put in place in the development of the Mountain Bike Facilities at the You Yangs Regional Park. It was a great even made better by the fact that the You Yangs was...