Search results

1. C

Giant Treks

C60s are made in Italy, as is the Master. M10s and CX1-evos are made by giant and painted in Italy. All others are made and finished by Giant. Trek P1 Madone (6 and 7-series), 9-series Speed Concept, Superfly, Superfly FS, and Session 9.9 are all made in Wisconsin, as are their tubular road...
  2. C

Service for mtb in Canberra

+3 for Monkey Wrench.
  3. C

Post your all mountain bike

Kashima is noticable on DH forks and rear shocks. It isn't (IME) noticable on short and mid-travel forks. They introduced low-friction seals around the same time as Kashima, the seals make far more difference in feel and small bump compliance than stanchion coatings do. The DRCV fork improves...
  4. C

Sold. Please delete. Thankyou

post edited
  5. C

Anyone gone from 29 back to 26" ??

I have 2x 26in bikes now after 4 years of imbibing the the 29er gospel from manufacturers and regurgitating it to customers. I'm sorry to everyone I misled in this period. I borrowed a 26in trail bike from a mate when (as was common then) I had a busted rear wheel and a set of twisted fork...
  6. C

My New Project!

Ultegra without a doubt.
  7. C

Price drops. Frameset (w/fork, headset, cable hangers) $1600 ======>$1400 Cranks: (including tools and chainrings) $450 ======>$350 Seatpost: 27.2 x 410mm uncut Thomson elite: $60 Stem 110mm -10* Thomson Elite X2 $60 Handlebars Enve Composites 44cm Deep drop $300 ======>$250 Only for sale...
  8. C

Trek 2014 range????

AFAIK there is no difference between the 2013 Superfly SL and the 2014 9.8. I would look out for an end of model year deal on a 2013. The paint job looks better on the 2013 bike too, I reckon.
  9. C

Trek 2014 range????

What bike are you interested in? Many bikes are in dealers already. 2014 Fuel ex9 29ers have been in dealers for 3 months or so. 2013 and 2014 models are currently both on Trek's Australian website. Remedy variants (650 and 29er) will be out in the coming few months. Like all brands there is a...
  10. C

Touring trip no.2 - Australia!

oops. done.
  11. C

My photos from my trip across the Nullarbor are in the album with my hiking trip. Scroll down to the end if you aren't a fan of walking. A few stats: 965km of walking in 36 days, plus 4 rest days ~8341km of bike riding in 60 days, including 5 or 6 rest days. 2 chains 1 completely...
  12. C

I finished doing this. It was lots of fun and you should all do something similar. It will change your life. If you have facebook you can look at my photos here If you don't have facebook, I'd like to ask you what it is you do with all your time? I don't know if I have a whole lot to...
  13. C

Warranty Issues... Please help!

No. You are only entitled to an 'equivalent' replacement. Colours change every model year, so they probably won't have one. Normally replacement swingarms are just black. Sucks, but that's the story with every brand.
  14. C

Drivetrain and saddle are now spoken for. Frameset, brakes, hollowgrams, wheels and bar, stem, seatpost are all still available in any combination you want them. These are the prices. Frameset (w/fork, headset, cable hangers) $1600 Cranks: (including tools and chainrings) $450 Seatpost...
  15. C

Pivot Mach 5.7 VS Intense Tracer 2 VS Santa Cruz Nomad

I have an Intense Spider, which is the 120-150mm travel bike (Currently for sale, FWIW). While obviously a slightly smaller bike, especially since I run mine as a 120mm bike, I did test bikes across the brands that you are looking at, as well as a yeti, a turner and a devinci... and a trek and a...
  16. C

I have an offer pending on the running gear (shifters, mechs, chain, cassette), and I am partial to hang on to the (very nice) wheels and controls. I am therefore opening this up to splits. If you have a spare groupset or wheelset laying around, this is a chance to build up a top-notch cx bike...
  17. C

Bump it up yo!
  18. C

Cannondale SuperSix 25mm Tyres?

Works fine. 28s are for hybrids and touring bikes. You're riding a race bike. If you want to run 28s, you got the wrong bike. edit: Sick bike, BTW, get out there and ride the snot out of it!
  19. C

Need Sizing Help

It takes more than a rider's height to determine the size frame they will be on. I have a really long torso but short ams and legs. Someone of my height but with long legs and equally short arms could be on a smaller frame size. It sounds like you are getting good service from your dealer, so...
  20. C

Also happy to split this, if there is interest. As a guide, I would be looking for: Frameset: $1600 Cranks: $450 Wheels: $400 Running gear: $400 ENVE handlebars:$300 Stem, seatpost: $60 each Saddle: $50 PM expressions of interest. craigdunlop87 (at) yahoo.com.au