Search results

1. S

What Length Profile Cranks For Street?

Hey Guys, I've been offered some new profile cranks in a 175mm length, but am unsure whether i should go shorter, say 170 or 165 mm? The cranks will be mounted to a dj/street/play bike, so should i just stay with that length? -J
  2. S

Yay for SpellingCow.com and boo to noobs who don't use it!!

Must we be constantly bombarbed with useless postings about things that have been said time and time again? Prime Example But it doesn't seem to stop here with bad forum use! Correct spelling and acceptable phrase use by newer members seems to be decline, many posts in the last half...
  3. S

Snappier Brakes for Street/DJ

Hey fellas, Here's the run down: I currently own Shimano XT 4 Pot Discs, but i feel they just aren't snappy enough! (I like to brakes to lock up when i yank on the lever, especially the front!!) So i'm looking at upgrading my brakes, and was thinking along the lines of Shimano Saint...
  4. S

Name This Pedal!

Hey Folks....i have no idea what this pedal is, but i would like to know....also because it comes in pink, coz a slash of pink on a whole black bike is wicked!!
  5. S

Pro Rider Spec Forum

A valuable addition to the forum in which people can add pro riders specs and bike pic for everyone to use and view! Of course it may mean strict supervision, so that no one posts bs posts!
  6. S

Manitou Post Mounts And '03 XT Disc Brakes

Ok so i'm looking at some Manitou Shermans and i currently have Shimano '03 XT Disc Brakes with I.S. mount. Is there an adaptor available to allow me to keep my 6" disc rotors when mounting to post mounts? *Note to the mods: have searched for info before posting, but nothing has been...
  7. S

What's That Song On The Motorola Cartoon-ish Ad?

The subject title is enuff....i've looked for the song name on the motorola website, but they haven't given any kudos to the artist, so i have no idea who else to ask, but u guys seem to know enuff collectively! Thanks fellas!
  8. S

STP Frameset - Oh Where Can She Be Found!

Hey Guys, anyone in melbourne have any idea where i could pick up a Giant STP frameset? Freedom machine reckons they'll be in Janurary next year, but i find that hard to believe! So yeah any place that you u know sells them or u've seen them! Thanks guys!
  9. S

Geometry Of The Giant STP Range?

I've search everywhere for a spec sheet or a list of angles and lengths, but come up empty handed! So anyone who knows the angles and lengths and all that....post a reply please....and no noobs posting specs please!
  10. S

Fox isn't worried about Rockshox....much!

I remember reading in a magazine, an article about the fox racing shox factory, and about they way that test everything to make sure it's the best they can make. I also remember reading the Fox isn't terrible worried about Marzocchi, but is worried about Rockshox and Manitou's new...
  11. S

*SOLD* DaBomb XLR8 16" Red Frame *SOLD*

Item: DaBomb XRL8 16" Red Frame w/ FSA Pig Headset and DaBomb seatpost. Location: Melbourne Item Condition: Excellent condition, to the point of me cleaning and lightly polishing the frame frequently! It does however have brand stickers on it, the brands i choose to ride on, but these can...
  12. S

Is Cannondale Gemini 4X Savvy?

I've done some searching around the forum about the Gemini frame. But i can't seem to find much info but it's 4X/thrashing ability! So I know that Cedric rides a Gem for 4X/MtnX, but not everyone can have a custom Gem, so is the stock Gem 900 frame a reasonable racer? I'd be putting DJ2 forks...
  13. S

Lighten Up This Puppy!

http://www.farkin.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12461 Check out the link....read the specs....and let me know what can be lightened up! I'm looking at Fox Talas R upfront and maybe a Yeti DJ frame....but any other ideas would be sweet! Thanks
  14. S

Planet X Armadillo Frame

I've been looking at the new Planet X Armadillo frame as an upgrade to my XLR8, does any ride one? If so whats ur opinion of them for general thrashing and 4X racing!? Don't even think of replying if ur just gonna talk shit so u can add another post addition to ur total to get a new member...
  15. S

4X Season

Does anyone know where i can find info on this season's 4X in Victoria...my LBS said they'd keep me informed about BMX style 4X races...but i haven't heard much...and i did miss a more recent one!!
  16. S

Farkin farkin removed my poll!!!

Why the hell did the admin remove my "huckability of forks" poll!! It was being quite helpful for me!!!
  17. S

Huckability Of Forks - So Scientific

Just choose a fork u think is good....and maybe explain y if u can be arsed!!
  18. S

Craftworks FRM125 - To Huck Or Not To Huck?

Hey Guys, I've been looking at everyone's FRM's and they all look pimp, but is the '04 model strong and can it handle a good hucking ride?? And why can't you run a triple clamp fork over 6 inches?? Well that's it!!
  19. S

My DaBomb - Red Rocket!! BLING ME UP!!

Frame: Da Bomb XLR8 16" Fork: Marzocchi Dirt Jumper II Rim: Sun Ringle Singletrack Hub: Dice Rolette Tires: Maxxis Larsen TT Shifter: SRAM X.9 Rear Mech: SRAM X.9 Long Cage Front Mech: E.Thirteen SRS 44 Special Cranks: FSA V-Drive Xtreme Chainring: FSA DH 40T Pedals: DMR V8 (I have...
  20. S

Turner Rail - Opinions

Hey Guys and Gals, Question about the Turner Rail, it is any good, being a single pivot and all, ie. brake jacking issues!! Thanks James any piccys of turner rails looking good would be a good thing!!