Search results

1. trt-reece

The Photo Snob Thread

Hey all, been a long time since I've been here, and I must admit, the quality of everyone's work has risen since I left. To the point where I'm hesitant to come back. Seriously impressive photos over the last pages. Sam (on other page), it would be interesting to see a copy with distortion...
  2. trt-reece

The Photo Snob Thread

Hey all, been a long time since I posted in here. Have been backpacking for the last few months, and am having some down time at the moment, so thought I would see what's what, and post some things.. My 24-70 2.8 died in Cambodia though, so pretty much all of these were shot with an s90...
  3. trt-reece

The Photo Snob Thread

Cheers for the feedback fellers. Has given me plenty to work on. I'll throw some more work into the images for a study break tonight, see if I can employ those tips you suggested. My lighting technique was just the good old 'walk-around-the-car-firing-the-flash-at-different-angles' method
  4. trt-reece

The Photo Snob Thread

Good work Tristan taking care of the hater! So, I tried car photography tonight (gotta sell, so figured I should at least make it look ok), and attempted to follow the advice I saw on here previously. Any ideas on what I should improve on, please fire away... others here...
  5. trt-reece

The Photo Snob Thread

I used to shoot in RAW when I shot gigs. It was more flexible on the editing side of things, I found it coped better with pushing the exposure than similar jpg photos. I stopped shooting RAW because the files were so damn big, and because I didn't need to salvage my live music shots as much...
  6. trt-reece

The Photo Snob Thread

Ango those three shots are great, especially the first and the last. Nice feel to them
  7. trt-reece

The Photo Snob Thread

Shot COG on thursday night. Regardless of the music, the drummer is hectic! Full set here, if keen: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=430538&id=789950322&l=917d43ed11
  8. trt-reece

The Photo Snob Thread

I wish you couldnt see the roof of that bus to the right in the pano.. Nice otherwise
  9. trt-reece

Red Cross teaching first aid to the Afgan taliban? (yes more world news)

So do you think it's acceptable for soldiers to suffer in agony when they are maimed in battle and can't get to treatment, just because they aren't fighting for our side? The Red Cross teaching first aid skills to the taliban is in no way taking sides. Consider the amount of aid work they do...
  10. trt-reece

sponsour Question

Evidently not... :confused:
  11. trt-reece

The Snow Thread

Be there by July. Very stoked to hear this news
  12. trt-reece

ddw - Photo a Day 22st May 2010

I agree with Callan, v nice
  13. trt-reece

The Photo Snob Thread

very keen for your set with that other chick. Very keen :)
  14. trt-reece

Sweet Covers

Jimi covering Dylan, of course!
  15. trt-reece

party pills.

Sweet Jesus they are adapting
  16. trt-reece

Sweet Covers

Love Reel Big Fish! 2 more from me Muse covering 'Feeling Good", originally by Nina Simone (well, originally for a musical, but her version is the most well known I think) http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x34ah_muse-feeling-good_music and Hole covering "It's All Over Now, Baby Blue"...
  17. trt-reece

Photo a Day VI - 13/5

Awesome interpretation. Definately nice to see something different
  18. trt-reece

The Photo Snob Thread

Ooh shayne, thats nice. Much better! Might want to watch the cloning near the seat though, that little pattern repeats a bit, makes it a tad obvious ;)
  19. trt-reece

The Photo Snob Thread

Sorry dude, but I'm not really feeling anything from this shot. The composition could have been much better (less dead space above his head) and either crop out the mic stand or include the guitarist. But the big issue for me is just that the subject isn't doing anything. I'm assuming he's...
  20. trt-reece

Ooooo...That's going to leave a mark!!?!?!?

Ah, missed the stop sign point. Still keen for extra clarification though