Search results

1. castillo

Underbelly.

Underbelly is causing Australia's criminals to be extra naughty in the hopes that they will be immortalised in future series'. Discuss.
  2. castillo

Which parks in Canberra?

Hey guys. My wife has coerced me into going to canberra with her this weekend so she can check out some art gallery or something equally less interesting. She has agreed to let me bring my bmx so I can ride most of the weekend though so its not bad at all. My question. I know canberra has heaps...
  3. castillo

Race Face Cranks/Warranty questions.

Good evening. I recently bent my OEM race face atlas FR cranks which come stock on the 2009 Glory DH1. It was fairly new and I don't ride hard/heavy so I was a bit upset when they bent so badly I was unable to pedal (they fouled on the LG1). I've taken it back to my LBS (who are awesome and...
  4. castillo

Songs you would f*cking OWN in karaoke.

Inspired by my seeing Muph and Plutonic the other night. Why don't karaoke machines ever have decent songs? Its part of the reason guitar hero is so good, because the songs are great. Anyway, I would kill; Muph and Plutonic - Heaps Good Eric B and Rakim - Paid In Full Prince - Raspberry...
  5. castillo

Avid Elixr's. They're locked up!

In case you hadn't figured out yet when it comes to bikes I fail. I accidently dabbed the front brakes while the front wheel was out, and when I put the wheel back in, there is a lot of resistance. It won't spin much at all. Do I have to bleed the brakes? Whats the go?
  6. castillo

What would you call your signature frame?

Work is slow at the moment and I get to think about bikes all the time. I would call mine the Struggler, or the Showtime Broheim.
  7. castillo

Boxxer Maxle question.

Hey guys. I went for a ride this morning and while I was taking the Glory apart to get it in the car, I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to take the front wheel off. Bearing in mind I am mildly retarded and last time I had a MTB there was no such thing as a through-axle, can someone...
  8. castillo

Boxxer teams vs Totems

I have an 09 small size Glory with boxxers, and when I pedal my knees smash on the upper parts of the staunchions. I probably should have gotten a medium, but oh well. I was thinking single crowns would be a good idea to combat this. Are there any single crowns that can almost compare to boxxer...
  9. castillo

Bibs.

Who here rides in bibs? If so, what kind? I got my first set/pair a few days ago, and I think I will convert. They are sensational, there's no other way I can describe them. I got some of the 'Skins' brand ones, they are fairly good. I probably paid too much for them however the shop I go to...
  10. castillo

Something for everyone.

Finally got around to taking some pics (too busy riding all the time!). Here are the bikes I am privileged to own. 2009 Glory I just bought this Tuesday, I wanted something more trail oriented but after riding this I'm amazed at how bikes have evolved since my last MTB (97 FSR Extreme)...
  11. castillo

Alternatives to a Giant Reign X1?

Hey guys. I've had a 2009 Giant Reign X1 on order now for around 3 months. I've been told the shipment of them keeps getting pushed back. I want to believe my LBS is telling me the truth, but you can never be too sure. They were due next week, now I've been told they're not due until February...
  12. castillo

Tell us yer secret...

I don't actually own a mountain bike *gasp* I have one on order though. When the 2009 Giants are out I'll put a check up (hopefully next week). Hopefully you all have some juicier ones than this.... lets hear em.
  13. castillo

Rockdale street section now finished.

Ummm, cool?