Search results

1. M

Rotoura with a 6 year old?

Howdy, We're planning a family holiday to NZ. Has anyone here been to Rotorua with a young family? We've got a 10 and 6 year old and are wondering if there are any tracks they could ride, especially the 6 year old. Also, any opinions on what's a good length of time to stay there given the...
  2. M

NSW Giant Defy Advanced SL 1 2015 Medium SOLD

Item: Giant Defy Advanced SL 1 2015 Medium size Location: Batemans Bay (Sth Coast NSW) Item Condition: Bike has done about 500km. It is as new with the exception of a tiny bit of rub on one chain stay where my heel rubbed when riding. Got tape on that spot after the first ride so no more...
  3. M

339mm BB height and pedal strikes

Hello, The trusty old Nomad is getting a bit long in the tooth and I'm thinking of getting an Anthem SX Advanced 27.5 to replace it. Something a bit different. The BB height on the Anthem SX is about 15mm lower than the Nomad at 339mm and I was wondering if it would be prone to pedal...
  4. M

NSW SOLD 2014 Giant TCR Advanced 2 Medium - As New

Item: Giant TCR Advanced 2 2014 Medium Location: Batemans Bay NSW Item Condition: As new. Ridden 6 times. Specs are unchanged and as per Giant website. Please note there is a very small section where the clear coat has lifted off (see pic). Bike came like this. Reason for selling: I'm...
  5. M

MTB hubs in road bike?

Hello, I'm getting a Giant Defy soon and was hoping to get some solid wheels built for training and save the light ones the bike comes with for racing. It is a disk brake model so the choices of road hubs that are disk friendly is very limited. Does anyone know if you can use an MTB...
  6. M

Reuse a punctured tyre?

Hello, Pretty new to road riding and have what is probably a stupid question. I got a flat on my last ride. Pulled out the small piece of metal that went through. Put in new tube, pumped it up and finished ride (which was about another 70km). Is it ok to keep using this tyre or should...
  7. M

NSW Shimano Saint M810 Brake Caliper

ITEM: 1 x Shimano Saint M810 brake caliper LOCATION: Batemans Bay, Sth Coast NSW PRICE RANGE: Am thinking about $50 but see what you reckon.... EXTRA INFO: Doesn't have to look brand new or anything, just gotta work properly and not leak/weep. I'll pay postage of course if your not in...
  8. M

Mixing Saint levers and callipers?

Hello, Anybody know if the previous generation Saint M810 brake levers are compatible with the current model Saint M820 brake calipers? Thanks! Andrew
  9. M

Tubeless Rim Tape and Rim Width

Hello, I'm thinking of converting to tubeless and buying a conversion kit. I'm a bit unsure as to go for the 'standard' or 'freeride' kit though and was hoping for some advice. My wheelset is DT Swiss E2200 rim width is 28mm total and 22mm inside width. The kits say go for the standard...
  10. M

NSW SOLD 2010 Pivot Mach 5 Medium XT build

Item: 2010 Pivot Mach 5 Medium with XT build Location: Batemans Bay NSW (NSW South Coast) Item Condition:Like new with the exception of a couple of riding scratches. Brought bike just before wife had a baby and haven't had time to ride. Would have done 2000 km tops. Only scratches of any...
  11. M

Fox and Rockshox 15mm interchangable?

Hello, This might be the dumbest question of the day (or week). I'm thinking of going from a Fox 32 Float to a RockShox Revelation. Both forks have a 15mm axle. Will the front wheel that I currently run on the Fox fit straight into the RockShox or are the axle widths or something different...
  12. M

Fox Float FIT and small bump compliance

Howdy, Have been thinking and wanted to see people opinions. I've got a Pivot with a 150mm travel Fox Float fork with the FIT damper. I've also got an older Trance with a 100-oddmm travel Rock Shox Reba Fork. The Reba is dual air and as I don't get much air or anything I like running it...
  13. M

Pivot Mach 5 Setup Help Please!

Hello, I've had a Pivot Mach 5 for about a month. If you overlook the fact I keep crashing it I've found it to be a fantastic bike! The problem is I keep losing the front end. It goes into understeer and washes out. The only changes I've made from stock are a 10mm shorter stem to 90mm and...
  14. M

NSW SOLD 08 Pitch with all the fruit - 2010 Saints, Fox DHX5 and Van 36RC2 plus spares

Item: 2008 Medium Specalized Pitch with lots of upgrades and spares Location: Batemans Bay (Sth Coast NSW 3.5 hrs Sydney 1.5 hrs Canberra) Item Condition: Been used lots as a trail bike and has scratches. Only scratch of any importance is a small one on one of the stanctions (seen in pic)...
  15. M

07 Trance Tyre Setup to Reduce Oversteer

Howdy, I've been riding an 07 Giant Trance for the last few years. I been mostly using Maxxis Highroller 2.35 Super Tackys on the front and Highroller 2.35 Maxpro 60A on the rear. The 07 Trance has a 71 degree head angle which is pretty steep. I find once you start going for it on downhill...
  16. M

Handmade in Oz

Frame: 1.25 inch exhaust tubing Rims: Velocity front, Commodore rear Hubs: Shimano deore front, 20mm axle rolling on NGK bearings rear Chainrings and crank: Shimano something Fork: Trampoline 'elites' Bars: Steel Grips: Oury lock on Seat: Wood, Foam, Vinyl Tyres: Maxxis...
  17. M

Pedal powered trike building *Updated*

Hey, Thought I'd upload a few pics of a pedal powered trike I'm building incase anyone is interested. It is based on plans on the Atomiczombie website. The rear wheels started out as 15 x 7 Commodore rims. Cut the welds holding the centers in then laid into it with a matic as the centers...
  18. M

NSW SOLD: Kona Stinky Deluxe 2008 like new - SOLD - Thankyou Farkin

[/B]Hi Everyone. Item full name and model etc. 2008 Kona Stinky Deluxe. Size 15.5 inches. I'm 5'9 and fits good. It is Green and White. Rims, DOPE arm, seatpost and handle bars are black. Set up for my weight with a 500lb rear spring. I'm about 80kg. Location I'm in Batemans Bay...
  19. M

Posting Pictures

Hey, Sorry if this is the most boring post ever, but.... Can someone pls tell me how to post pictures? I click on the explanatory link in the for sale template and it doesn't hook up. Are there any other links in the site that are working? Thanks! Andrew
  20. M

Ti rotor - Pad choice matter?

Hey, I'm thinking of putting a bigger Ti rotor on the front of my Trance. Do I need to be careful with what pads I run (organic or sintered) for best performance or to stop damage to the rotor as it is Ti? Thanks heaps for any advice!:) Andrew