Search results

1. mountain_man(1)

DH wheelset help needed

I've been running 721's on ProII's for 2years, no problems to report, the freewheel is made of alloy and yes they do get chewed up, but mines still not bad enough that it needs to be replaced yet. (you can buy replacement freewheels so thats always a plus) Next set of wheels i think i might...
  2. mountain_man(1)

Low stack headsets

Track record aside at least the Crank Bros is designed for DH.
  3. mountain_man(1)

Low stack headsets

Fingers crossed I score a good one. Thanks for the help.
  4. mountain_man(1)

Low stack headsets

i'm a pussy, but hopefully it doesn't give me any grief, if it does i'll write it up and send it back to CB.
  5. mountain_man(1)

Low stack headsets

trigger pulled, not really sure why i didn't search ebay myself. thanks
  6. mountain_man(1)

Low stack headsets

Sorry should have mentioned, I need a 1 1/8 head set, not a 1.5 reduced to a 1 1/8.
  7. mountain_man(1)

Low stack headsets

I'm having trouble finding a low stack headset, I was settled on a Crank Brothers Opium but they're finding proving hard to find, CRC are out of stock and the couple of stores in the city i tried pretty much said na we dont do DH stuff. Any other options I should be looking at? Needs to be a 1...
  8. mountain_man(1)

Single speed commuter build project

I have to say, for whatever reason, your paint s.ripper seems to be doing a far better job than mine did. Polishing alu is the worst manual job i've done to date. took me prob 30hrs to get my frame all done. I'll get round to posting pictures one day.
  9. mountain_man(1)

From the ashes; 2008 Specialized SX-Trail II

I sometimes still wish i had saved a little more to get an SX rather then getting my demo, only sometimes though.
  10. mountain_man(1)

Liquid Rotec

I am Jack's simmering jealousy.
  11. mountain_man(1)

My bikes for a season in whistler

Like hating on people born into more financially prosperous families wasn't getting old already. That demo is hot, I currently have a friend over in Canada doing the same thing, but hes, there for two years, skiing in winter and riding in summer.
  12. mountain_man(1)

Consuming alcohol as a passenger in a vehicle

I was always under the assumption that any form of open alcohol in a car was illegal.
  13. mountain_man(1)

The Snow Thread

Gnarly terrain, I'm there for the last two weeks in Jan. Let me know if your stay overlaps.
  14. mountain_man(1)

Bowden Spur Kinglake - The rebuilding of a new legal DH riding facility.

Lost my wallet at the top of the the Kinglake DH trail, on the 6th Dec. If anyones up there and happens upon it, it would be much appreciated to get it back. Thread in Lost and Found http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194837
  15. mountain_man(1)

Wallet lost at the top of Kinglake DH trail.

If you find my wallet and you wont take my money you'll have to let me buy you a beer.
  16. mountain_man(1)

Trails open, middle section is rough and rutted out but the top is great and the bottoms alright.
  17. mountain_man(1)

Lost my wallet at the top of the the Kinglake DH trail, on the 6th Dec. Left it on the bumper of the cruiser, drove off, realised an hour later thats what i'd done with my wallet. Not sure where the wallet fell off but i would guess before you get off the dirt road. In the vicinity of where you...
  18. mountain_man(1)

Granton!!

Was going to head there today. Anyone know if its still closed?
  19. mountain_man(1)

SAINT (FH-M800) - any good?

Now you know why it was cheap.