Search results

1. M

Indie

I've not ridden that one but Ive got an Avanti Inc 2 that i love, similar.
  2. M

Torpedo7 Performance

I find T7 slow aswell, there off shoot 1 day sales are slow also. TBSM arent much better. 1 week for an item to get across Sydney is a bit of a joke.
  3. M

10ish kg commuter/fun bike suggestions

Avanti inc Ive got an avanti inc 2 that im really happy with, 8 speed with mechanical discs but the 3 comes with 11 speed and Hyrdo http://avantibikes.com/nz/bikes/path/urban-road/inc-3/
  4. M

Strava heatmap

The rest of Europe doesn't get much activity, im guessing cause its only in English? also Canada is very quiet
  5. M

What got you into riding your bike?

Had a condition that wouldnt let me run, PAES. so i got into riding instead.
  6. M

Post your commuter!

My communter My communter, an avanti inc2. A bit dirty after getting caught in the rain on the way home. trail turned to mud very quickly.
  7. M

Commuter tyres?

I recently put Panaracer Ribmo 700cx35 on my bike and i am loving them. no puncture yet, ride well at about 80psi.
  8. M

Flatbar road bike vs hard tail 29er

I really like it for the commute, im averaging about 22-24kmph. Its pretty heavy it weights about 12.5kg but ive got heavy DH pedals on it and tyres. Yeah a little bit but its ok for me. There is an 11 speed model too.
  9. M

Flatbar road bike vs hard tail 29er

I sort of went half way and ended up with a commuter bike, loving it so far, i do about 13kmph to work with about 2.5km on dirt trail. So far so good. http://www.avantibikes.com/nz/bikes/path/urban-road/inc-2/?url=/nz/bikes/path/urban-road/inc-2/
  10. M

What kind of postage speed do you expect from an Australian online retailer?

Turned up Packed turned up. Took a week to get from southern sydney to northern beaches
  11. M

What kind of postage speed do you expect from an Australian online retailer?

I think ive just found out who the retailer is. I put an order in on Friday morning at 9:30 and it still hasnt left the building.
  12. M

Not Puffing

Ive taken some of the advice here and upped my seat about 2cm, quads felt good, felt like my lungs were hurting a bit. knocked 1 minute off my commute to work and thats without riding for 3 weeks. so looks like it worked. 24.2kmph. Always room for improvement.
  13. M

Yeti SB-66

I've done that one. Not as bad thought i didnt need surgery. Enjoy
  14. M

Not Puffing

Thanks for the tips guys. Ill give it a go once i get my bike back from the shop
  15. M

Not Puffing

Yeah mainly quad, ill give it ago a little higher. i suspect its probably a little bit low.
  16. M

Not Puffing

Yeah its pretty much dead flat. i started off at about 38 minutes and have already brought it down to 32 minutes.
  17. M

Not Puffing

Hi All Ive just got a question, i find that when i ride to work i average about 24kmph over about 30 minutes but during that time im rarely breathing hard but my legs are burning. and i do not consider myself fit. Am i doing something wrong? not sure of my cadence but i try to keep...
  18. M

Do platforms on clipless pedals really make any difference?

Handy if you want to ride your bike down to the shops. Ive got CB mallets on my commuter so ive got that options.
  19. M

Road bike v Frankenbike

I've started commuting on Avanti inc 2, internal hub (alfine 8) belt drive, loving it so far even handles the dirt ok. Changed the tyres to Panaracer ribmo 700x35 cause i kept getting flats and maybe some carbon swept back bars too. Average speed about 22-24kmph over 13km. Whats everyone else...
  20. M

Shoes - Chrome Kursk Pro SPD Shoe

Has anyone used these shoes before? Read a few reviews online some positive and some negative saying that they arent that good for walking in.