Search results

1. top_oz_bloke

Heart Rate Monitor advice?

Suunto is still going fine. Had to replace the strap (just the elastic part, not the transmitter) when it started getting bit whacky but otherwise still going strong. For cycling I'm now using a Garmin though. My fears proved unfounded and has survived many stacks (mounted on stem).
  2. top_oz_bloke

Gripsport Hi Ride Classic Bike Carrier SOLD

Item: Gripsport Hi Ride Classic Bike Carrier Location: Newcastle Item Condition: Good but not perfect Reason for selling: Nowhere to store it Price and price conditions: $200 ono Extra Info: See here for details: http://www.gripsport.com.au/product/Hi-Ride-Carrier-2-bike. This is the...
  3. top_oz_bloke

2013 #XCM Series

Yeah, ordinary, but it was the conclusion I'd come to anyway after nothing was announced.
  4. top_oz_bloke

Kiwarrak state forest - Taree

I had a look on wed and took 29ks to complete the 16km 'red' loop. Mostly due to one arrow coming unstuck so it flipped to straight ahead rather than to the left... Great place though. Maps http://mgltipriders.asn.au/rides http://www.kiwarrak.com/map.php
  5. top_oz_bloke

Port Macquarie

Hi Guys, Next weekend I have the most part of a day free in the Port area to do whatever I choose. Can anyone suggest an XC ride in the order of 50+ k's? I'm not really concerned if there is minimal/nil single track content. I'll be happy enough if someone could point me to a ride on...
  6. top_oz_bloke

2013 #XCM Series

hmm, no camping, that is a big minus.
  7. top_oz_bloke

2013 #XCM Series

I saw that too and it's pretty much the only reason I'm tossing up whether it's worth it this year. About half way down thw FAQ page.
  8. top_oz_bloke

Shimano 2x10 Crankset, 26/38 or similar

Item: Shimano 2x10 Crankset, 26/38 or similar Location: I'm in Newcastle but happy to cover postage Price range/Willing to Pay: I'll consider all offers but anything more than $100-120 for XT would need to have very little use (ie I can buy new for $180). If it's XTR then make me an offer...
  9. top_oz_bloke

2013 #XCM Series

Maybe meant to be 'most likely'?
  10. top_oz_bloke

2013 #XCM Series

Admittedly only early on the 15th but has anyone come across anything yet?
  11. top_oz_bloke

Illegal Dumping - Is Tt This Bad In Your Area ?

That photo of Killi is not to dissimilar to the stretch of Nat. Park and State Forest that runs from Clarence Town across to Karuah. Last year I decided I wanted to clean the area up so spent quite a lot of time taking shit to the tip. Also joined in on the Clean Up Australia Day that one of...
  12. top_oz_bloke

Muscle Gain from Endurance riding?

I'm far from a cycling analyst but is Cadel really considered a climber? My impression is more of an all rounder with a strong TT and thus would fit somewhere between the mountain whippets and the sprinters. 'Lithe' is a bit more flattering than my usual description of pro cyclists having the...
  13. top_oz_bloke

Really? I look at the TdF and the guys with big legs are the sprinters. The climbers seem to be the little guys.
  14. top_oz_bloke

Can any of the sports scientists types on here confirm whether or not this type of comment actually has any basis. I've seen it before and it's never quite sat right with me. To me there is something wrong, as if it's suggesting your body could somehow be building bulky ineffective muscle in...
  15. top_oz_bloke

2013 #XCM Series

Seems kind of strange that there are three events that could potentially be in the series which have opened for entries (+ another which opens on the 23rd) but as of yet there is no word on what's in or not. So if you're a punter following the series then I suppose they are expecting you to...
  16. top_oz_bloke

2013 #XCM Series

So I'm sitting here thinking about the events I want to do this year and wondered the same as the OP. CP web site seems to suggest they are part of the series. Wollombi web site gives me the impression they aren't. The others don't give much away. Anyone heard anything?
  17. top_oz_bloke

Buying A New Bike Sight Unseen

I personally think the test ride is over rated. Not quite sure what being allowed to roll around in the car park with the saddle at ball park height proves. Although it does at least give a sense of comfort before blowing several thousand. Knowing what you want, research, opinion, experience...
  18. top_oz_bloke

2012 Highland Fling

Shoving used wrappers up the leg of your lycra is dead set simple so no excuses there. Undercatering for toilets seems to be pretty standard at every big event, and by the night before the race they are usually revolting and out of paper.
  19. top_oz_bloke

2012 Highland Fling

I don't really have an issue with self seed. It's not perfect but it's easy for the organisers to implement and in the case of the Fling resolves itself pretty quick as there's not really any single track for the first 30k's or so. It was the response I got that I thought was pretty rude as I...
  20. top_oz_bloke

2012 Highland Fling

It's self seed based on your ETA.