2013 #XCM Series

bt100

Likes Dirt
I saw this on the Husky 100 website so maybe they've cut out some of the mudpits of the last 2 years

There will be a major revamp of the Husky100 course in 2013. We have redesigned the course to add more Single Track and to take out a lot of the low lying area at the northern end of the course.
Do you have a link as I can't find where they have said that.

top_oz_bloke

Likes Dirt
I saw that too and it's pretty much the only reason I'm tossing up whether it's worth it this year.

About half way down thw FAQ page.

PharLap

Squid
I understand that setting up a series like #XCM would require a massive amount of work and planning and much of which may still need to be finalised, but a even a small amount of info would keep a lot of people keen/enthusiastic, myself included!

bt100

Likes Dirt
I understand that setting up a series like #XCM would require a massive amount of work and planning and much of which may still need to be finalised, but a even a small amount of info would keep a lot of people keen/enthusiastic, myself included!
I totally agree. If you are keen on doing the series then get yourself registered for the Capital, Wombat and Convict. These will be the first 3 events although the longer the wait for the announcement the more worrying it might fall over :-(

Jubas

Likes Dirt
From Capital Punishment's facebook page:

Reposted from below: Finally we have some news on the XCM series. Unfortunately the XCM series doesn't look like it will be happening this year. In 2013 it was going to include Capital Punishment, Convict, Wombat, Highland Fling, Kowalski Classic and Dwellingup 100 and an event in Cairns. We are not sure about the Dwellingup 100 and the Cairns event but Capital Punishment, Convict, Wombat, Highland Fling, Kowalski Classic will not be a part of the XCM Series even if it does end up happening in some form. Sorry it has taken this long to sort out.
Lame.

Motorhead

Likes Bikes
While still not official that there is no series all together its as good as dead which is a shame they couldn't get it together for the racers & the events.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
Yup, received the following twitter message from @_Cyclenation

Mighty Real Insurance XCM series on ice for 2013. Powerful changes for the sport afoot but as with all things worthwhile, they'll take time.

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
Interesting update to the XCM series here -> http://enduromag.com.au/site/?p=3722

not quite sure what they mean by "CycleNation and Cycling Australia will announce the 2013/2014 XCM event season this coming May which will include as the pinnacle event in the series the Australian XCM Championships."

I thought the National XCM champs were in April - a month BEFORE the announcement? Unless they mean the 2014 edition?

Motorhead

Likes Bikes
Will be interesting to see what races, tracks & dates they use as racing marathons over summer will be tough going around most of the country.