Search results

1. grimzentide

Films with better sequels

My wife and I enjoy watching a lot of films together and we often have differing opinions. For example, she believes that Terminator 2 is better than the original, which I disagree with. Last night I was watching Lethal Weapon and came to the conclusion that Lethal Weapon 2 is better than 1...
  2. grimzentide

Open hardware (Arduino) based MTB event timing system

I thought I would share some details on a project I am currently working on. I would really love to hear what you guys think of the project/idea, what features you think I should include and if anyone on here has made anything cool with Arduino or similar? For the past few weeks I have been...
  3. grimzentide

Podcasts

I have a long journey to and from work each day on public transport and use this time to work on a project or more often than not, listen to podcasts. I listen to the following but I am wondering if there are any others that you guys/girls would recommend? Chequered Flag Formula 1 Dr Karl...
  4. grimzentide

iOS developer for mountain biking related hardware and software project

Hi guys, I am looking for an iOS developer who is also into mountain biking to join a project team I am putting together. The team is located in Melbourne, so someone local is preferred but not necessarily essential. If you are a developer or know of anyone who is, can you ask them to...
  5. grimzentide

2012 Products Thread

2012 Kona Slopestyle Bike This frame looks to be a shorter travel version of the Kona Operator. According to Kona's blog, Graham Agassiz will be riding this frame. Credit: Kona's Facebook 2012 Norco Prototype - Diiscuss on RB here At first glance, this Norco prototype features a tapered...
  6. grimzentide

[NSW] Mountain Biking Discussion Paper

The NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service is considering a new approach to the management of mountain biking that includes providing mountain biking tracks in a small number of our national parks where the location is suitable, there is strong demand for the activity, and environmental impacts...
  7. grimzentide

Angry Doctor / Irate Intern trail conditions for this weekend?

Are there any locals on the forum that can tell me how well the trails hold up after a bit of rain? I don't really want another repeat of the Capital Punishment. Forecast for Mogo
  8. grimzentide

Project Plans: Mobile SeeSaw and Height Adjustable Launch Ramp

My idea is to build a mobile, height adjustable ramp that can also be changed into a seesaw. It will be in 2 pieces (pivot and ramp), and it can easily be thrown in the back of a ute or onto a trailer. Anyone made this kind of thing before? Just wondering if there are some key problems I...
  9. grimzentide

The Ultimate Skills Area

I have a desire to build a local skills area in my town and while doing research, I found the ultimate park. Check it out here. It is too big to post on the forum http://pwckitsap.org/downloads/ColonnadePoster.jpg Would love to build something like this, but there is no way the council...
  10. grimzentide

The LBS v.s. Online Shopping

[Source: Cycling Tips] This past weekend I needed a few consumables for my bike. A chain, cassette, tyres and few tubes. I could have ordered them online but I decided to walk over and support a nearby local bike shop (LBS). I knew it would be more expensive, but I thought I’d do a good deed...
  11. grimzentide

Australian Owned / Made Products

I am trying to work out what Australian made or owned companies are out there for mtb products. So far I only have a list of 3 companies, so does anyone know of others? **Updated** JetBlack Grip Sport Craftworks Ayup Knog Baum Gellie Custom Hillbrick Foundry Fluid Velocity Spats Thylacine...
  12. grimzentide

Places That Rock

The idea is that this thread could become a thread full of places that people love to ride. If we get enough places, some kind of Google maps mashup could be made quite easily. If we get a few replies, ill update this main post until we have enough for a mashup. [Updated List] NSW Nail Can...
  13. grimzentide

Club Commissaire's

I have started the club commissaire course and wondering who else is doing it, or has completed their assessment? The questions are quite easy, but there is a fair bit of reading involved. Just takes time really..
  14. grimzentide

Biking Games on PC, Console or SmartPhone

Having a look around for decent games on consoles, pc's or smartphones that are biking related. The Dave Mirra brand was always a bit of fun, but the mtb games are few and far between and also tend to suck... but I havn't played the Steve Peat iPhone game yet. My fave game was/is BMX in...
  15. grimzentide

Found a Competition to win a voucher from CRC or Jenson USA

Not really sure where to put stuff I find like this on the forums. Can admins move it to where it should go if you dont want it here.
  16. grimzentide

A Sad Day - Bike rider found unconscious in bushland dies a week later

Bike rider found unconscious in bushland dies a week later COURTNEY TRENWITH July 19, 2010 - 6:27AM [via Brisbane Times] Police are investigating how long a mountain bike rider was lying unconscious in bushland before he was discovered by other riders. The 49-year-old man died in...
  17. grimzentide

Capital Punishment Server Crash?

Entries are now open, but did we all just crash the server like we did with the Highland Fling entry system?
  18. grimzentide

The future of Downhill [Video]

http://www.pinkbike.com/v/113529 Pretty cool video from Pink Bike showing some fun on mini/kids bikes.
  19. grimzentide

What helmet do you use and why do you like it?

This week I found out how important a helmet really is by hitting a tree at a considerable speed and was lucky enough to be able to walk away with only a mild concussion. Sadly, my Fox Flux helmet has been bent, cracked and shattered from the impact. So now I am starting to again research what...