Search results

1. Y

Blue Mountains Riding?

If you can get a car, head out to Yellomundee. It is most likely the closest track to Richmond. http://www.trailflix.com.au/tfx_new/trails.php?id=yellowmundee
  2. Y

Jet black 29er wheelset.

Breaking strength tested to 300kgf What does this imply ? 300kg has been Forced down on the wheels ? How do they judge this ?:mmph:
  3. Y

29er full suspension...... for a big bloke.........

I have :( not big enough for these long legs. *Freak* Anthem is good bang for buck so to speak. I am currently on the XTC 29er XL which isn't the right size for me, I might be looking to sell that shortly.
  4. Y

At the moment it looks like I may be getting a Turner Sultan XXL XT build kit. I was looking at the Specialized Stumpjumper Expert FSR 29er but I have read so many mixed reviews about the brain, after speaking with numerous people who have had the 2011 and previous model of the brain it seems it...
  5. Y

Specialized SJ FSR Expert 29er with DT Swiss 520SL

I have been reading mixed reports about them, being a clyde at about 260-270 pound 198cm I have had troubles finding a full suspension 29er. I found a XXL 2011 Stumpjumper Expert FSR which I should be getting in the next few weeks (2012 stock has no decent XXL in it :(). So I am deciding to...
  6. Y

29er frame size compared to 26er frame sizes

Matt have you had any luck looking around ? I am in the same boat as you at 198cm and finding it hard to find a decent pre built 29er dually. I am currently waiting on the 2012 range to be released and will be taking things from there. The Specialized Stumpy FSR is what I have in mind.
  7. Y

Thanks for all the replies, I may just wait until the 2012 range is out and take things from there. I did notice that there is a 09 Turner Sultan on sale, but unsure if I want an older model frame. Once I know what I am doing and have some more options I will come back and update you all ;)...
  8. Y

Okay so I have been doing quite a lot of research and it has come down to two choices. Three choices if anyone wants to spot me some extra $$$ :P. Stumpjumper FSR Expert 29er http://www.specialized.com/au/gb/bc/SBCProduct.jsp?spid=52820&scid=1000&scname=Mountain HiFi Pro 29...
  9. Y

Giant Anthem X 29er - See first post for info

Great review, I keep reading everywhere about this bike but I need to keep telling myself NO due to the biggest size 20.5" :(.... I am at the stage where I want a 29er full suspension and I may have to spend the extra $$$'s on a specialized or even more $$$'s on a Tallboy. For the price and...
  10. Y

First post!!! And help needed with a BIG decision

Have you received it yet ??? How much all up was it ?
  11. Y

MTB shoes - wide foot brands?

I have a pair of the Sidi Dominator Mega 51 and they fit like a charm, I am on the hunt for a new pair and I am going to give the new shimano Mo87g a go which also comes in a wide fit. http://www.wiggle.co.uk/sidi-dominator-5-mega-lorica-2011/...
  12. Y

Roadies VS MTB'ers

So these tools have balls on their chests :D. Sure I wear a pair of nicks (They save your balls and ass) but under normal shorts, I still like to go places and not get the weird and odd looks because of the shoes (sidi mtb dominator) and shorts I wear.
  13. Y

helloooo.....helloooooooooooo......hellooooooooooo ooo................................

Hello hello.......... Well I have been out riding, clocked up over 400km on my Giant 29er mixed XC and road riding :S. Running tubeless although had to get a new rear tyre, another maxxis crossmark as I copped a nice sidewall tear from sharp rocks. This time I put tape around the rim with a...
  14. Y

Roadies VS MTB'ers

I ride a bit on the M7 cycle way to commute or for a bit of a ride on my 29er :). So many wanks there that ride together and hog the lanes and obviously do not care that anyone else is using the cycle way let alone someone on a mountain bike. I was close to running into this weekend warrior on...
  15. Y

gopro helmet cam case.

Go back to where you bought it from or email them and ask for a replacement. It is a current warranty issue.
  16. Y

29er Tyres UST TNT etc.

So I found a store that has a few Bontragers in stock (Trek at Rouse hill had 1 tyre 29x1.85 WTF). Clarence St Cyclery http://www.cyclery.com.au/ Have a few different 29ers and they have the Bontrager xcx tlr 29er x 210 ARC. $79. I have only just purchased the one for the time being as I have...
  17. Y

29er Tyres UST TNT etc.

Thanks for the replys. I have spoken to Chris from Blackmans who should be getting back to me shortly. I emailed a few other places and it seems they are not getting them till april :(. The Bontrager looks the goods as well. Might head up to Rouse Hill over the weekend and have a chat to the...
  18. Y

29er Tyres UST TNT etc.

Yes I realise that there are very few UST hence the TNT ETC in the title :P. I have searched and can not find much in Australia. As this is an Australian site I thought I would try my luck here with 29er tyres that have thicker sidewalls. What are your thoughts on the Specialized 29er tyres ? I...
  19. Y

29er Tyres UST TNT etc.

So I am looking at getting some. Possibly going with Hutchinson TORO on the front and either Hutchinson Python or Geax Saguaro on the rear. The drama is now trying to find somewhere in Australia or overseas(with free or cheap shipping) What are the side wall difference between these and the...
  20. Y

29ers in Australia

Oh right...... So here is my 29er I ended up getting :) http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?195716-My-Giant-XTC-29er Next bike I get I will be looking at a Specialized I think or maybe niner.