Search results

1. Timmy!!!

Which XC club in Melbourne?

And even if you don't join You Yangs MTB Inc, you can always make a donation to the trails through them. That way you will still be contributing directly to the trails. YYMTB members put a LOT(!) of time and effort in to the trails. Your money will not be wasted.
  2. Timmy!!!

VIC 3 Races, 3 Hours, 3 different months. The GMBC GAZEBO SERIES. DEC 7, Jan 31, March 2

Just read the flyer and checked the course. As always, excellent organisation by GMBC and the course looks.... EXCELLENT!
  3. Timmy!!!

VIC 3 Races, 3 Hours, 3 different months. The GMBC GAZEBO SERIES. DEC 7, Jan 31, March 2

I reckon you are spot on with your estimate of 99% being good. Everyone I interacted with last night was very well behaved, and quite sociable. All the people who passed me were very polite, and they ALL said "thanks". All of the riders that I passed were equally polite. It made me feel good...
  4. Timmy!!!

VIC No Frills Friday Night Summer Series starts Friday 15th Nov 13 Geelong Mt Bike Club.

It was an excellent course. A really good mix of open/road sections, moderate technical climbs, and flowy but relatively safe descents. The new climb (Nana's patio and decking) is an excellent inclusion. It's not too steep or difficult, but even so it gives you a really good challenge. Then...
  5. Timmy!!!

VIC No Frills Friday Night Summer Series starts Friday 15th Nov 13 Geelong Mt Bike Club.

Thanks Nick. As always GMBC are right on top of the issues, be it trail management, the relationship with Parks Victoria or, in this case, rider safety. Good work, and thanks for the early warning. I'm sure everybody appreciates it.
  6. Timmy!!!

Turner CZAR now available in Australia

Listen to this man, for he is wise.
  7. Timmy!!!

That went well didn't it? Perfect weather, perfect course, perfect trails, perfect organisation, and (from where I was sitting) perfect behaviour by all the riders. It doesn't come any better than this.
  8. Timmy!!!

Tyres for the You Yangs

Agreed, Crossmarks DO work excellently in the Kurrajong but IKONs will work just as well, and also in other places better than Crossmarks.
  9. Timmy!!!

Tyres for the You Yangs

Maxxis IKON's. No contest. I speak from experience. They are the perfect tyre for the Kurrajong: they roll well, grip well, and are excellent quality. They are expensive, though, but there is a good reason for that.
  10. Timmy!!!

You Yangs MTB Inc. All-Mountain Gravity Enduro, Shuttles all Weekend.

My entry is in. Anybody who misses the chance to ride this excellent track (with shuttles!) is completely mental. Trav has been busy ensuring that Lactic is in perfect condition, and it just gets better every time he touches it. Don't miss it. You know it makes sense.
  11. Timmy!!!

Wombat 100 - 14 April 2013 - Entries Now Open

Did the 50 today on a whim, and was richly rewarded. Fantastic event! Beautiful course, with just the right mix of single track, fire trails, and roads. The other riders were really polite, chatty, and had that great "having a good time" vibe about them. The highlight had to be the beer...
  12. Timmy!!!

You Yangs MTB Park

I rode the new dam view track this evening, guided by BrownDog. Bloody hell! It's superb! To say that it is worth the wait would be a major understatement. Major kudos to Trav and the trail crew for such beautifully engineered trails. I am in awe.
  13. Timmy!!!

VIC 2013 VES Enduro Series.

I was lucky enough to be one of the passers (not because I am fast, but because I was one of a team and therefore less fatigued than most). I have to say that the people I passed were very, very polite and helpful. WITHOUT FAIL they were polite and helpful! Not one of them should have been...
  14. Timmy!!!

VIC VIC 3x3 Gazebo Series. Sat Dec 8th , Fri Feb 8th , Sat March 2nd

I wrote them down on a scrap of paper.
  15. Timmy!!!

Oh. My. God. It's worse than I thought. There must have been two of those bastards.... What scandal! What vile perversion!
  16. Timmy!!!

That was the best MTB race I've ever been in, period. The course was excellent. The weather was excellent. The participants were excellent. The depth of talent at the pointy end of the field made it look like a top-level event, and yet it was just the GMBC doing its usual thing. Clearly...
  17. Timmy!!!

DO. NOT. MISS. THIS. RACE. SERIES. It's the coolest MTB race series in the world. No contest.
  18. Timmy!!!

You Yangs closed this weekend due to Rain, 21st 22nd 23rd June 2012

This just in: All mountain bike trails have re-opened following wet conditions, except for a 500m section of Trail 17 behind the park office. See http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/explore/parks/you-yangs-r.p..
  19. Timmy!!!

You Yangs closed this weekend due to Rain, 21st 22nd 23rd June 2012

Thanks Trav, information much appreciated. Lucky for me I am of questionable sexuality, so riding the roadie isn't as disturbing as it might be. As always, love your work.
  20. Timmy!!!

Categories and Grading for XC and Enduro Racing

Oh it's a broad topic indeed, and most important. A lot of people I know are deeply concerned about it, and it's a major source of angst at some events. It's good to see that the time spent thinking about it is being put to good use by such a valuable thread. We should all be grateful that...