VIC VIC 3x3 Gazebo Series. Sat Dec 8th , Fri Feb 8th , Sat March 2nd

Trance_Kidd

Likes Dirt
Awesome ran event !!! My first race back since 2008 !

Track was perfect and was the first race i can ever remember staying in the big ring the whole race :D

The grading issue may sort its self out next round, I went for C grade as i wasnt sure on how i would go. I thought i was sitting pretty good and close to the lead but ended up 5th. I think ill just go B grade next round.

But at the end of the day, It cost $30 to race on a mint track so no matter where you come or what grade its worth it :)

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
Round 2 is a Twilight Race. pre enter and pay on the day

Hi GMBC'ers
Round 2 of the 3X3hr Gazebo Series is coming up fast – Friday February 8th – rego open 5.15-6.15pm, racing 7pm from the Duck Pond School, just inside the main entrance, You Yangs Regional Park, off Branch Rd, Lara.** Lights are required.
And we’ve got some special events for the Juniors;* 1hr Enduro for the 12-14yr olds,* 2hr Enduro for the 15-18yr olds, running with the 3hr event.* We’ve also got a Dirt Squirts event prior to the main race for 4-12yr olds,* rego 5.15-5.45pm, racing at 6pm.
You can Pre-Enter by filling in the attached entry form and emailing it back to us by Thursday 7th February (pay on the day).* Or fill it in and just bring it along on the day, all ready to go. But remember rego for the main event closes sharply at 6.15pm – we won’t be taking any new entries after that!
The Gazebo Series is one part of the GMBC Championship Competition.* To be eligible for Club Champs points you need to participate in at least one event in each of the Summer No Frills series, Gazebo Series and the Winter No Frills series and also the GMBC InterWinter Round.** The competition is starting to hot up in all the grades – but you can still be in it and be eligible for your own GMBC raceplate next year!* So get yourself out to NFF in the Stockyards next Friday and the Gazebo event the following Friday – Take the afternoon off work if you have to J
See you all there!

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
Entry Form attached

Entry Form Attached.

Save time fill it out either email to Geelong or bring it with You

View attachment Gazebo Series entry form rd2.pdf
Hi GMBC'ers
Round 2 of the 3X3hr Gazebo Series is coming up fast – Friday February 8th – rego open 5.15-6.15pm, racing 7pm from the Duck Pond School, just inside the main entrance, You Yangs Regional Park, off Branch Rd, Lara.** Lights are required.
And we’ve got some special events for the Juniors;* 1hr Enduro for the 12-14yr olds,* 2hr Enduro for the 15-18yr olds, running with the 3hr event.* We’ve also got a Dirt Squirts event prior to the main race for 4-12yr olds,* rego 5.15-5.45pm, racing at 6pm.
You can Pre-Enter by filling in the attached entry form and emailing it back to us by Thursday 7th February (pay on the day).* Or fill it in and just bring it along on the day, all ready to go. But remember rego for the main event closes sharply at 6.15pm – we won’t be taking any new entries after that!
The Gazebo Series is one part of the GMBC Championship Competition.* To be eligible for Club Champs points you need to participate in at least one event in each of the Summer No Frills series, Gazebo Series and the Winter No Frills series and also the GMBC InterWinter Round.** The competition is starting to hot up in all the grades – but you can still be in it and be eligible for your own GMBC raceplate next year!* So get yourself out to NFF in the Stockyards next Friday and the Gazebo event the following Friday – Take the afternoon off work if you have to J
See you all there!

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
less than $10 per hour, entry fee (woowoowoowowowowowo)

Entry Form Attached.

Save time fill it out either email to Geelong or bring it with You

View attachment 254854
Save money by riding longer than 3 hours.

$30 for non GMBC members. $25 for gmbc members . That is Less than $10 per hour,

:target::target::target::target::target::target::target::target::target::target::target::target::target::target::target::target::target:

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
this coming Friday night. 8th Feb racing starts at 7pm.

A reminder to Bring lights.
Racing starts at 7pm
pre entries forms can be down loaded: info previous posts above.
Super Fun Summer Evening Race
All Welcome from first timers to elites.

www.gmbc.com.au

sossy

Saucier
What will the track be like? Will it be of similar style as round 1?
Track will be the same as the course used for round 2 last year, starting from duckponds school and using the trails between there and the Kurrajong picnic ground.

Should be a ripper of a night, the weather is looking to turn it on again!

Just a reminder that you will need to bring your drinking water with you.

See you all there!

serowe

Likes Dirt
Images from last night are currently being transferred to the web site - http://www.mtb-images.com.au - and should be available by noon Sat. At this stage they are displayed in order of time taken (including the first <cough> lap) but, when results have been made available, will be renamed and sorted by rider name.

A good night with one notable exception - to the rider who decided to give a mouthfull to the female rider he had just passed becaue she 'didn't move out of the way' the way you expected - lighten up a bit. It's your responsibility to move SAFELY past other riders, not abusing another rider because they don't (or can't) move when YOU want them to!

Last edited:

Cúl-Báire

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A good night with one notable exception - to the rider who, at 8:34pm, decided to give a mouthfull to the female rider he had just passed becaue she 'didn't move out of the way' the way you expected - lighten up a bit. It's your responsibility to move SAFELY past other riders, not abusing another rider because they don't (or can't) move when YOU want them to!
There is always one fuckbag!

Shame I missed the race, I was hoping to get down their for atleast a look but was stuck in the city until late.
I will however be at the next event for sure :)

sossy

Saucier
Results - Ta Dah!

Good day one, Good day all,

Firstly, a massive thanks to all of you who made the journey out to the Youies last night for round 2 of the Gazebo series. After a bit of a false start and an ultimately slightly shorter race, I think I can safely say that everyone finished with a smile on the dial, and a cold drink in hand!

We humbly appologise for the issue with the first start, safe to say, it certainly wont happen again! Thanks to each and everyone of you who took the resulting restart and shortened race in your stride and made the most of the perfect racing conditions.

Seems to be the weekend for hiccups, the website is giving us the pip, so here are the results.

Happy reading y'all!
View attachment Gazebo2 lap results 2013.pdf
View attachment Gazebo2 overall results 2013.pdf

Timmy!!!

Likes Dirt
That was the best MTB race I've ever been in, period. The course was excellent. The weather was excellent. The participants were excellent. The depth of talent at the pointy end of the field made it look like a top-level event, and yet it was just the GMBC doing its usual thing. Clearly they are doing something very, very right.

The false start was no big deal, but there was this one guy... I don't know how to broach the subject, because it's kind of embarrassing but I think this really needs to be said. You know how the behaviour of just one person can cast a pall over even the greatest event? How it can make even grown men cringe in discomfort? How it can make small children run and scream in terror? I saw it happen last night. Please, please don't read on if you are easily offended (or even really difficult to offend, because this is pretty offensive).

There was this one guy with... *gulp*... a bottle cage on his seat post! Can you believe that? What a bastard.

sossy

Saucier
The false start was no big deal, but there was this one guy... I don't know how to broach the subject, because it's kind of embarrassing but I think this really needs to be said. You know how the behaviour of just one person can cast a pall over even the greatest event? How it can make even grown men cringe in discomfort? How it can make small children run and scream in terror? I saw it happen last night. Please, please don't read on if you are easily offended (or even really difficult to offend, because this is pretty offensive).

There was this one guy with... *gulp*... a bottle cage on his seat post! Can you believe that? What a bastard.
Andrew Bell... http://www.mtb-images.com.au/20130208/photos/IMG_4636.jpg

Timmy!!!

Likes Dirt
Oh. My. God. It's worse than I thought. There must have been two of those bastards.... What scandal! What vile perversion!

Last edited:

jathanas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Oh. My. God. It's worse than I thought. There must have been two of those bastards.... What scandal! What vile perversion!
The first guy you saw must be my friend. I am deeply ashamed to admit this, but yes he does ride with a "rocket launcher". I've tried so hard to change him, but he is an ex track rider and won't listen. :) I trust that the sight of him did not ruin the night for too many people.

(Another) Good event by GMBC! This was my first race for 8 months and boy, did it show!

dowey42

Likes Dirt
The first guy you saw must be my friend. I am deeply ashamed to admit this, but yes he does ride with a "rocket launcher". I've tried so hard to change him, but he is an ex track rider and won't listen. :)
Bottles don't stay in those things on the road (well the roads down here) how the hell do they stay in when Mounain biking????

ClaytonAnderson

Cannon Fodder
That was the best MTB race I've ever been in, period. The course was excellent. The weather was excellent. The participants were excellent. The depth of talent at the pointy end of the field made it look like a top-level event, and yet it was just the GMBC doing its usual thing. Clearly they are doing something very, very right.
I agree, that was the best MTB race I've been involved in, the whole day/night format was awesome, the track was allot of fun. Nearly hit a roo just on dusk but that was just part of the fun. I've just joined the Geelong club and really impressed with it so far.

Well done to the organisers!