Search results

1. O

STEEL cyclocross / commuter / touring

Whats going on with the forks? Are they fitted backwards or meant to be that way?
  2. O

Lower back pain - Body Posture

Steve Hoggs blog is well worth a read (and follow) regarding bike position. I've been fitted a couple of times based on the kops method and for me it just does not work. Far to much weight on my hands and wrists, some back issues, and power is just not there. Even after giving it a good few...
  3. O

What's your hip angle at the top of your pedal stroke?

Have a site I came across one day, bookmarked but not got round to reading further. Hopefully something helpfull.
  4. O

Saddle fitup. where to go in melbourne?

Any of the Avanti plus stores & JTS have the specialized sit bone measure device. Also Mitcham have Fizik saddles to borrow/test. Bicycle Express would have to have the largest selection of saddles available though.
  5. O

2010 World Solo 24 Hour Championships

Carton of beer and a comthy chair myself.
  6. O

some questions for riders training with Power meters

Just a thought at the moment, but I've got a pro+ 32 hole Shimano/Sram freehub (about 50 hours use) and MTB disc hub (30 hours use) that I've been thinking of selling for the last week or so. Will be taking them off the bike and see how I feel over the next couple weeks, but, if someone wants to...
  7. O

If you go with the MTB disc hub only, just check it comes with the 8 bolt rotor. Most places it doesn't come with one and they can be hard to track down.
  8. O

Theres an updated edition of the book about to be/ or has been released so I'd keep an eye out for that copy. Also a bit of an introduction to the book here Have thrown a bit of a power/hr zone spread sheet together based on Coggan's zones. Its a 'work in progress' thing and was put...
  9. O

2010 World Solo 24 Hour Championships

:D Amazing stuff, hopefully in as great shape when I get there.
  10. O

Australian Solo MTB Champs - Easter 2010?

Cheers It did have a smilie thing after, must of chopped it off editing the spelling :p
  11. O

Of course, how could I have forgotten, having never raced before.
  12. O

Noticed the event schedule is still not up. Is it a midday start race? Just working out travel arrangements etc as its getting v close.
  13. O

The "HARDEST" marathon award goes to??

'Hardest' usually equals lots of boring as shit fire road climbs. Does anyone go out ride this stuff outside of an event? Can't say I would. Wheres the 'most singletrack in 100km' events? I want to enter those ;)
  14. O

Kona Mawson MTB Marathon

Was also hoping for a non stop solo cat.
  15. O

Yes, enter away :)
  16. O

Specialized 2008 Brains

As mentioned, on full firm you should be able to push on the saddle and get no compression. This is 'hardtail' setting as to put it (no bob when on smooth terrain pedaling) and the shock is activated from the terrain/bump pushing the wheel up, not you pushing down. If on full firm you can...
  17. O

Specialized 2008 Brains

You do get a grease come out from a new shock but of the shocks I have had that clears after a few rides. You will get a 'bit' of oil residue but it shouldn't be anything excessive. Its difficult to say without seeing.
  18. O

Specialized 2008 Brains

I haven't read the 09 manual but I'm pretty sure it won't say leaking oil is ok though ;) On the 'sag' thing, I read an article from Specialized somewhere to open the brain totally (full soft) for setting sag, then readjust to desired setting when you have correct pressure, this seems to...
  19. O

Specialized 2008 Brains

2009 rear shock manual
  20. O

2010: An Otway Odyssey

Haven't used them yet, but from what I've been told the 2.2s are the ones to go for (grip) and that they seem like a different tyre to the 2.0. Just check the clearance of your frame.