Australian Solo MTB Champs - Easter 2010?

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
In that proposed finish option, would I be right in saying if I turn up with a camper trailer it will be set up somewhere outside that blue line in the picture?
Not entirely ...

You can camp inside the Innabaanya fence line (the thin blue line) - but that costs extra. what you cannot do is Camp in the solo pit row area. That is only for support activities for the riders. You could, in theory, camp immediately behind one of the 3x3 solo pit support areas, as long as you were in one of the outside rows.

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've only been to Majura once - would I be correct in saying that the north east part of that proposed circuit is a fire roacd climb following a fenceline over looking a crop area of some kind? From memory that climb had a couple of nice ruts in it.

Also, any climbing at the southern tip, or is that still on the flat part. I remember some great slightly steeper tracks in that WSW area, any chance of hitting them?

Jackstack

Likes Dirt
Not entirely ...

You can camp inside the Innabaanya fence line (the thin blue line) - but that costs extra. what you cannot do is Camp in the solo pit row area. That is only for support activities for the riders. You could, in theory, camp immediately behind one of the 3x3 solo pit support areas, as long as you were in one of the outside rows.
Thanks for the info, I'm presuming its first in best dressed for camping space and pit spots or are pits nominated by you guys?

Knopey

Likes Dirt
I've only been to Majura once - would I be correct in saying that the north east part of that proposed circuit is a fire roacd climb following a fenceline over looking a crop area of some kind? From memory that climb had a couple of nice ruts in it.
The proposed course map appears to follow the singletrack up the hill in the north there. The firetrail you're remembering is the orange road that goes right against the perimiter of the area, and the yellow proposed course line is inside that. If it's the track I'm thinking of, it's quite a reasonable climb although not super long, steepish, on "wide" singletrack if that makes sense.

Also, any climbing at the southern tip, or is that still on the flat part. I remember some great slightly steeper tracks in that WSW area, any chance of hitting them?
The steep parts in the south are all on the west of the central north/south firetrail, so the proposed course in the south is all on the relatively gently-sloping eastern bit.

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've only got one previous 24 hour to go on, but comparing that to this track I'm guessing that 320-340km is probably par for the course for the semi-serious-punter (oxymoronic I know, but I think it makes sense)... Jason English in the high 400s I guess?

Le Matelot

I've only got one previous 24 hour to go on, but comparing that to this track I'm guessing that 320-340km is probably par for the course for the semi-serious-punter (oxymoronic I know, but I think it makes sense)... Jason English in the high 400s I guess?
Here are last year's results if you want to check things out ... The lap distance was 9.65 Km. Jason (and Dan) rode ~ 415 Km. Jess Douglas did 357 Km.

Attachments

Last edited:

normdouglas

Likes Dirt
Here are last year's results if you want to check things out ... The lap distance was 9.65 Km. Jason (and Dan) rode ~ 415 Km. Jess Douglas did 357 Km.
Ahh... brings back really good memories.
For anyone interested here is a video we made in 2009 following Jess. I was asked not to show this video until about now, as it appeared on a TV show in Melbourne. But I think I can share it now.
http://vimeo.com/10124257

ebuk

Likes Dirt
^^^^ Thanks Norm. This is such a great event. The morning parts shows how happy people can be after 18+ hours of riding. Nicely done.

offthepace

Likes Bikes
Noticed the event schedule is still not up. Is it a midday start race? Just working out travel arrangements etc as its getting v close.

Le Matelot

Noticed the event schedule is still not up. Is it a midday start race? Just working out travel arrangements etc as its getting v close.
Rego and Practice available Friday until about 9 PM.

Rego available Saturday morning until about 1030. Guess you could practice too, but you'll be getting heaps of that in the next few hours.

1200 Saturday Start. Finish 24+ hours later

Camping available Thu-Sun nights

offthepace

Likes Bikes
Rego and Practice available Friday until about 9 PM.

Rego available Saturday morning until about 1030. Guess you could practice too, but you'll be getting heaps of that in the next few hours.

1200 Saturday Start. Finish 24+ hours later

Camping available Thu-Sun nights
Cheers

Anti_Trainer said:
Meoooow, and the cat fights have started!
It did have a smilie thing after, must of chopped it off editing the spelling :p

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well its official, I'm in!

*a murmur ripples aroun the room... then a burst of laughter around the room as betting on the favourites tightens and I get listed at 1000-1* hmmm at those odds I might put a $1 on myself - you never know, an asteroid impact COULD wipe out every one of my competitors;)

Last edited:

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
BTW, are supporters getting T-Shirts or something... my pit crew was creeped you wanted their shirt size

Last edited: