Search results

1. N

2011 Specialized Epic 29er carbon feedback

The bearings are cartridge not cup and cone (like shimano).. might be obvious but check brake rub? Avid have a small tolerance with the pads and that extra little tighten could be enough to cause rub.. if it still doesn't roll get the hub checked is my guess..
  2. N

The BIG thing is, 29ers are not for everyone - just like the helmet that fits my head may not fit yours - its a personal thing.. but if you want speed, you're not interested in 'hucking' off stuff, and you want all day comfort, go 29... you wont look back. If you like to drift into corners, like...
  3. N

DO IT! went from an expert alloy 26'' last year to a 29'' expert carbon this year and wowee what a ride. If you're not racing, go the comp carbon, as the brain forks on the expert dont lend themselves to be ridden lightly :o I know there are a lot of people talking up other major brand 29ers...
  4. N

Post your 29er!

Hey Pam, yeah its pretty sweet, ratio's are pretty much spot on for most riding, i may look at going 26/39 up front for racing.. did a killer climb where I live and still didn't use the 36 at the back, so figured it might give me a little more top end. but as a do-everything set up, its...
  5. N

Specialized Renegades - any stock anywhere?

Also try Bikeminded in the Blue Mtns - not sure if they have S-Works, but i saw Controls on the wall, they could probably get some in?
  6. N

Post your 29er!

Thanks, yeah the pics dont really do it justice.. Its a new 'industry standard' 142mmx12 rear end - some euro brands and I think Trek have adopted it, basically its like a 15mm QR on a fork, but 12mm, and the spacing is bigger @ 142 - from 135mm.. it all adds up to a stiffer rear end, and...
  7. N

Post your 29er!

Just took delivery of my 1st big wheeler.. Specialized Epic Expert Carbon - and all I can say is i'm glad I went the Speshy.. geometry is amazing and I reckon I PB'd a section of local single track 2nd ride in on this thing.. its now 12kg flat (Lge) with pedals and cage, but could easily drop...
  8. N

Wsmtb 4hr stans notubes summer series 2010-11

Tops event once again by WSMTB, looking forward to the next 2 rounds! Its always a great way to start the racing season with a social night ride.. of pain.. Anyone know of any photos floating around? There were a few cameras popping out of bushes around the place.. bring on the 30th!
  9. N

WSMTB Club - Round 4 - Venue change to Blue Gum Lodge

Great day on an awesome track.. anyone know of any photo's floating around the interweb?
  10. N

WSMTB Club 4hr Summer Enduro Series 09' - Rnd 2 + Skills Clinic Day

was a tops day once again! Anyone know who was taking photo's out on the track? they seemed to be moving round a lot and getting some good shots..
  11. N

WSMTB Club - 4 Hour Summer Enduro Series 09'

A big thanks to the boys who set the track for last night! I think anyone who rode it would agree it was a cool variant on a cool track. I'm also going to say that it was done by just 3 people! thats all that turned up to the track day! Imagine what could be achieved if more people came...
  12. N

WSMTB Club - 4 Hour Summer Enduro Series 09'

i vote for a causeway crossing... s-works shoes or not :p what about backwards track for rnd 2?!!
  13. N

Sydney Fat Tyre 4 entries for sale

just pm'd you, keen for a solo!