Search results

1. benwilson1

What has happened to the Used market?

Been out of the game for around 10 years. Trying to find a cheap used bike seems almost impossible. Even the for sale section here is empty. where’s all the old Norco Atomik/A Line. Big Hit with 24” rear? are people just holding onto bikes longer, I am confused.
  2. benwilson1

Ever wondered.....?

Ever wondered where all the bikes and parts from years ago disappear too? I did a search for some marzocchi Shiver DC forks....can't find them. For the young kids, these forks used to be around before the 888's were released. Same goes for the iconic Monster T's. Hundreds if not thousands...
  3. benwilson1

NSW sold fuckers!

Item : Brooklyn Machine Works Racelink Location : Wollongong, NSW Item Condition : Excellent Reason for selling : Ok, so heres the deal. i ride a motorbike for my primary mode of transport, i dont have a car license...anywayz, my motorbike is about to crap itself. problem is its under...
  4. benwilson1

Norco Shore HT Range

Back in two thousand and three I bought a brand new 03 Norco Rampage. It came with a 5' Marz Jnr T fork, and setup as 26/24. I wish to build up a bike like this again. However, last night I was trying to google the geo table and compare it to newer models with no such luck, so I was...
  5. benwilson1

Sillicon Spray

Is it safe to spray sillicon spray on the stauntions(sp) of your forks to lubricate the seals? A mate told me this but Im a bit hesitant because I know some types of rubber can swell up from certain chemicals.
  6. benwilson1

Avid Code 5's Shuddering...PROBLEM SOLVED

So I built up my racelink last week. Took it out for a ride today and after about an hour, the rear brake started to make a funny noise, and started to shudder. The vibration is that bad that it travels along the floating brake arm and then through the seat which tickles my butthole. When I...
  7. benwilson1

Brooklyn Racelink in Orgasmic Orange! NEW PICS

Finally Got the brooklyn racelink up and going AND COMPLETE!!!!!! Here's the pics!!!! Frame -Brooklyn Machine Works 'Racelink' Rear shock -Avalanche DHS-3.00 with 400lb spring Front shock/fork -Marzocchi 888rcv Handlebars -Truvativ Hussefelt Stem - 888...
  8. benwilson1

Stumbled across this...for the AM guys

http://www.maverickbike.com/main/do/products/productID/38
  9. benwilson1

Selling A Second Hand Frame

Im trying to sell a second hand frame. I am selling it cheap as, but it just doesnt want to sell and im not sure why. Looking through the for sale section my frame is cheaper than quite a few 07 frames...so im kinda curious why... is it because there is a perception that norco make crap...
  10. benwilson1

Black Chrome!

So. I got a brooklyn racelink frame a couple of weeks ago, and I can't decide what to do with it. Originally I was going to powdercoat it, then I've thought about getting it painted. But now im thinking about getting it black chromed. Because the frame is made of cromoly, its always going...
  11. benwilson1

sold

Item: ISCG Blackspire C4 chain guide off a 2008 Norco Aline. Location:Wollongong, NSW, Just South Of Sydney Item Condition:Used, been offroad once. Reason for selling:Bought a brooklyn racelink. need the money to build it up. Price and price conditions:$100. Buyer pays postage...
  12. benwilson1

sold

Item: Rear MTX S type rim laced to red anodised KT 150mm x 12mm hub Size: 26 inches Spoke Number: 32 Hub Width: 150mm Axle Type: 12mm Location:Wollongong, NSW, Just South Of Sydney Item Condition:Used, been offroad once, otherwise been commuting on it to work Reason for...
  13. benwilson1

Rear Shock Rebuild

Just wondering what a rear shock rebuild entails? Im assuming they just replace the oil and seals. Is there anything else to it? Also where is a reputable place to send it off??
  14. benwilson1

sold

Item: 2008 Norco Aline frame. Size small/medium. Location:Wollongong, NSW, Just South Of Sydney Item Condition:Used, been offroad once, otherwise been commuting on it to work Reason for selling:Bought a brooklyn racelink. need the money to build it up. Price and price conditions...
  15. benwilson1

Brooklyn Racelink Build!

About 3 months ago I decided to get back into mountain biking so I purchased a 2008 Norco A-line. Then about a week ago No Skid Marks had a racelink frame on ebay for $1650. Put a bid in and ended up winning it. Now that I have the frame its time to build it up. The frame has quite a...
  16. benwilson1

sold

Item: Truvativ Hussefelt cranks, 36T ring, Howitzer Spline BB Location: Wollongong, NSW Item Condition: used, excellent condition, only 2 months old Reason for selling: Wont fit on a BMW link bike Price and price conditions: $150 Extra Info: no idea what the size of bb shell is...
  17. benwilson1

Sold sold sold please delete

Item: 2008 Norco Aline Frame size is small/medium Location:Wollongong NSW Item Condition: 2 months old, almost brand new! Reason for selling: buying a bmw link frame hopefully! Price and price conditions:$1000 Extra Info: Comes with DHX3 rear shock, 400lbs rear spring Pictures:
  18. benwilson1

Norco A-Line 2008

Anyone know the eye to eye shock length and stroke? Also what size BB it is??
  19. benwilson1

SC Vs DC forks

OK, so lately i have been seeing a lot of threads about SC forks being almost as good as DC forks. I dont really agree with this, and i was just wondering what everyones thoughts are. if you think about DC forks right....not only is the steerer turning the forks, but you then have the...
  20. benwilson1

Anodizing or Powdercoat?

I know the aline park edition and team dh are anodized. Just wondering if this would be a good thing to do to my aline? or would i be better off powder coating it? I have emailed a few anodizers but im still waiting for a reply. My main concern is that this would weaken the frame somehow? and...