Search results

1. SuperSix

Welding course in TAFE

So I got convinced that a course in TAFE is well worth the effort while we're out of projects. I just finished a commercial course last December in TAFE Annandale and I'm looking to broaden up my skill base again and this time, I chose to do a welding course. Which of these should be my...
  2. SuperSix

In City Down Hill

V8 SuperCars in Sydney gives me the idea having in the city downhill course. Pick a reasonably vertical section of the city (any city in the world), cordon off places to make a track. Add a few jumps, hoops and you got a DH course... of course, council willing and council approved...
  3. SuperSix

Does anyone know how to undo the 20mm axle of a 2010 Marzocchi RC3?

I've been trying to unscrew the hex bolt but to no avail... I've looked up the service manual and it doesn't show how to remove it so I can fit the tyre in. :help:
  4. SuperSix

head set top cup removal

Does anyone have a head set removal equipment I can borrow to reinstall a missed component I should have put on in the first place? I'm in Sydney and I got a street bike in build and I'm just scared of using a chisel on my new frame.
  5. SuperSix

DH frame with these specs

Can you guys help out in naming a few more DH or FR frames with the following specs other than a Specialized Demo 8. A joint project in build feels like we're gonna needa repeat. Head tube angle: >69°, <75° BB width: 83mm Rear axle width (O.L.D.): 135mm Rear suspension...
  6. SuperSix

NSW SOLD 2x 26" 32h Sun Ringle MTX 33

Details: Sun Ringle, MTX 33, 32h, eyeletd black anodized rims Location: Sydney, NSW Condition: Brand New Price: Anything better than $100 for both Extra Info: 26", 32h, 34mm rim width, anodized black colored, with spoke eye lets, ERD: 536...
  7. SuperSix

NSW FOUND: 2009 Shimano Saint Hubs with IceTech rotors (SOLD)

Item: 2009 32h Shimano Saint Hubs (F/R) with rotors Condition : used; works and spins smooth; only lacing marks and dirt exposure as expected Location: Sydney, NSW Reason for trade: Troll in UK shop sent a 36h set of rims; can't be bothered sending it back...
  8. SuperSix

Distributor of Affix 31.8mm Hydro Stem

Can anyone tell me who the distributor of Affix 31.8mm Hydro Stem is in Australia? Apparently, I was informed it is not for export (considered as weapon or sumfing).. Looks like this:
  9. SuperSix

NSW Railed BMX seat post & Seat Clamp

Need: 27.2mm railed seat post in black or silver, Cr-Mo or Al, at least 280mm in length. Want: What I need for free :) Conditions: Must come with seat clamp Price: Depends; show me what ya got Extra Info: Can trade seat posts. I got brand new ones that don't fit the tube. It's just to big.
  10. SuperSix

Extend me by 20mm...

item: 07 Marzocchi 66 VF Bomber forks condition: New, uncut steerer problem: 180mm travel required, 160mm travel advertised. Any chance I can extend it a little more to at least 180mm to be nice and plush for my build? or is this an AM specific fork? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE...
  11. SuperSix

Importing more than Au$1k of bike stuff...

Has anyone had issues with customs regarding bike stuff that comes in big boxes? I recently won LED Lenser I need for work (and I got it cheap too!) from overseas and it's being held by customs. Chances are, they're holding it cause they couldn't believe the value that I paid for it, and...
  12. SuperSix

Faster server

Thanks for the update Scott, browsing is much faster. Just one thing though, attachment pictures don't seem to appear on the page. Hope they weren't lost.
  13. SuperSix

Why is there a lot of Demos being let off?

Is Specialized ending the Demo line like what Giant did to STP? Please no. :( Sad to see a legend go.
  14. SuperSix

26" Front... 24" Rear...

Anyone tried this setup before? How does the handling feel? Rear too light/front heavy? Been contemplating on this for a while as I'm keen on transitioning from 26" to 24" wheels... I used to ride 20" BMXs during my younger years (so long ago) and I couldn't believe I was "in the zone"...
  15. SuperSix

SRAM hubs for FR/AM wheel set build ...

Researching some details about these[URL] puppies to get out of the mainstream and do some independent product testing. I've looked at the corresponding 135x10mm rear [URL="http://www.sram.com/sram/mountain/products/sram-x9-front-hub#/path/term-id/47"]QR rear hub and I'm sort of confused with...
  16. SuperSix

NSW Race Face D2 Stem & Avid 5" CS2 rotor

Make: RaceFace Model: D2 stem Condition: Excellent mechanically; cosmetic blemishes are fine for as long as structural integrity isn't compromised; Pictures of actual stem required. Price: dependent on condition
  17. SuperSix

Rear mud guardsfor the frame suspension

Wet weather riding scoops up lotsa dirt which becomes very annoying and can literally ruin your day depending onhow much muck flies up your face. Simple and effective solution is using a front and rear mud guard. Problem is, the rear shock is copping some serious mud and a fast and easy way to...
  18. SuperSix

Cleaning 5.1 brake fluid spills on caliper...

OK, the first time always is the messiest, but I'm keen to learn and make up for the mess. So I cleaned it dried so as not to attract muck and grime but I'm not happy. Question is, will methyl spirits do a better job with cotton buds or am I looking for more trouble when dealing with the...
  19. SuperSix

Rear Shock tuning...

OK, it just interests me how many riders experience a "bottom out" on a hard landing? What I mean about bottoming out is that the spring/coil gets to maximum compression and you feel a slight "thud" on the frame. How high was your falling height What was the spring weight/stroke length...
  20. SuperSix

NSW Sold

Traded... thanks stay tuned for a zero stack headset...