Search results

1. N

Tested: Biknd Jetpack Travel Bag

Personal experience ... Biknd Jetpack Travel Bag Hi All, Received a brand new Biknd Jetpack bike bag from Cell bikes (australia) a couple of days ago. I pretty much immediately unpacked it, and carefully following the instructions, started a practice packing run -- not rushing, I spent...
  2. N

Upgrading to a float x or monarch plus rc3 on a Norco carbon sight?

OUCH. Did not see that. Have not got the bike yet. A bit crap if it wont fit a fairly standard shock... well almost standard shock...
  3. N

Riding by Yourself

I just take a spot locator beacon. It uses the satellite network, sits on my backpack strap, and has a range of options for tracking, non-emergency messages, and a panic button.
  4. N

Upgrading to a float x or monarch plus rc3 on a Norco carbon sight?

Hi All, Had a chat to Cane Creek the other day. I was curious as to why they don't have recommendations for the double barrel and db CS for the Norco sight carbon. Well they got back to me very quickly and indicated that neither will fit the bike. I was a bit disappointed by that...
  5. N

LBS Upgrade Policy on New bikes

Hi All, Well the deal offered seems to be about (retail price of upgrade item ) - (0.4 to 0.33 * retail price for the existing item). How does that sound?
  6. N

Thanks Guys, I've got a bit of hope then. I've given this particular shop a good rap in groups and forums, and introduced two potential customers -- because I'd always had good service there. The bike is not a small size, and the original fork is a decent rockshox trail fork. I've been...
  7. N

Hi All, I'm interested to hear what people expect or have experienced out there.. Imagine you are buying a new bike, say one of substantial cost 5K+ and are not that keen on one component (forks would be a common one). SO you want to upgrade the forks on the bike. What sort of...
  8. N

General Meeting 12/12/12

Apologies -- looking after two kids, and the meeting is after their bedtime. Sorry about that. I think Ryan and Pete can update all on the applications and council meetings. Kind regards Matt
  9. N

General meeting Wednesday the 14th of November

grants -- vote on plan so I can proceed with application Hi Ryan I have at least two funding applications I want to submit this month -- possibly as many as 4. Can I put these forward to be approved at the meeting? 1. Jupiters -- the same application people are familiar with 2. The...
  10. N

Frenzy berm build/ trail maintence

Punji sticks, line trimming --- where? Hi All, I'm going to get down there at 13:00 and get into it -- I'll take my saw down and try to eliminate all the remaining punji sticks I keep seeing when I am riding. I'm thinking of taking the line trimmer too -- where did you want that done...
  11. N

General meeting Wednesday the 14th of November

Can we vote on whether or not to accept the strategy? I will endeavor to re-circulate it this week. Thanks Matt
  12. N

Rider Training Day 28th Oct

Loaner HI Steve and others, Any chance of a loaner bike -- Juliet has not bought one yet. She is a beginner -- but you can guarantee she will be pretty cautious. THanks Matt
  13. N

Frenzy open for this weekend -- but partly closed again Monday.

Please obey the signage with regard to trail closure. Part of Frenzy (top section) is likely to be closed from Monday on. The rangers have done a heap of work there on the land slip (6 truck loads of rock or something) -- but a couple more loads are required. Matt
  14. N

Finishing The Reaper/Repairing the Frenzy

HI Pete, I think I have to forgo these meetings, sorry. Parents visiting. I've basically spent enough time on TMBC tasks the last couple of weeks, anyway -- time for some family stuff, or maybe riding the bike! Matt
  15. N

Track Maintenance Day 26th August

Hi All, As Pete says, the council are very concerned that they see concerted, effective action from the club occuring as regards erosion control on the Frenzy -- or we will loose it. We really need to get some traction with implementing measures ranging from re-forming some sections of...
  16. N

General meeting Wednesday the 8th of August

Ryan, This is a late entry on this forum, but I have discussed it already with Ryan. In the Trail development report I will update the Cheeseburger negotations and put commiting matching funds to this to the vote. If we commit matching funds we can get council money to help...
  17. N

Who's interested in rider training??

I'd be interested at the intermediate level. And I believe my wife and boy (not sure if he is our youngest member, but he joined the other day) would be interested at beginner level. Matt
  18. N

Cheeseburger

Yes, I saw that the other day. Flogged from somewhere else maybe? Matt
  19. N

'Murphys Creek Escape' trail ride - Saturday 14th July

I'm interested -- see if I can make it. I was there this past weekend. Did a bit of riding -- but broke a derailler cable so did not get as much riding done as I would have liked. Good country for trails. Amazing amount of pig sign. Pig rooting half a metre deep in places. NPWS seem...
  20. N

Cheeseburger

Hi All, In my role as trail development officer I just wanted to ask for Toowoomba area mtb'ers assistance with something fairly important. We are currently negotiating with council to make Cheeseburger a legal trail, protect its character and maybe even make it longer. But in a way...