Search results

1. W

Chain Line Issues

Hey So i am upgrading the drive train on my GF's Giant Yukon from 8sp to a 9sp groupset that i have acquired. both run Octalink BBs The original BB is a 68mm x 126mm (shimano ES25), and i assumed that i would be able to run this BB with the 9sp groupset So after installing and adjusting...
  2. W

New Oaks single track

Hey all Just wanted to express some positive feedback on the new single track at the bottom of the oaks fire trail. Rode the Andersons and Oaks for the first time in about 4 years the other weekend and was pleasantly surprised to see this new section Both myself and my girlfriend had an...
  3. W

Sheared top cap on fork rebound adjust

In tonight's home mechanic session, i have managed in all retardness to shear off the bolt attached to the rebound adjuster (top cap) on my fox van 36 fork. Hence, there remaining part of the bolt is still stuck in the very small diameter hole in the forks damping assembly. I have two ideas for...
  4. W

Headset advice

Gday everyone Ive got a Niner RIP9 frame and Fox Float 120mm fork (tapered steerer) to couple onto it. Was just wondering what headset would be recommended? Is it worth spending the money on the higher end sets (ie Chris King) Cheers wazzaa
  5. W

NZ trip - suggestions

G'day all Planning a trip to the south island next year. Rough plan is to fly to christchurch, then drive from there to queenstown over a few days, ideally camping along the way. From there do some walking around te-anau and kayaking in the fjords etc. However, looking to get some mtb in as...
  6. W

Shimano octalink BB

Gday farkinburners The BB on my gf's bike is creaking up a storm and i would like to replace it. Its a shimano octalink style on a 2010 vintage giant yukon hardtail. My question is what would be the dimensions? Is there one that would be standard on mtbs? Measuring the unit, it appears...
  7. W

Fox 2010 Van R Damper issues

Hi So i have just taken my fork (2010 fox van r) apart to change the oil and seals. Upon removing the lowers, clean red oil started pissing out of the damper side. I am assuming that this is damper fluid, as the fox damper fluid is red, and all the oil in the open bath tends to be very...
  8. W

USA trip

Sup everyone Just a few photos from around a weeks riding that we did in Colorado and Utah a few weeks ago that i thought id share The riding over there is absolutely amazing... well worth the trip if you're in the area (or if you're not). List of trails / locations for the photos...
  9. W

USA mtb trip

Gday farkiners Looking likely that i'll be heading to the US for a wedding in july and have convinced the gf that a week of mtb has to happen on the way. Most likely destination would be Colorado. We wont be taking bikes over so it we'll have to hire... looks like decant bikes can be hired...
  10. W

AM stems

Did a quick search and found nothing on this topic immediately so apologies if this topic has already been covered. I have a giant reign X and am looking to make it slightly more trail ride friendly when required. to do this i'm thinking of upgrading the shock to a fox DHX 5.0 air and putting...
  11. W

dmr single speed conversion

gday all i purchased this dmr single speed conversion kit http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=10009 from chain reaction in order to convert my 9speed hard tail to single speed. however, when i installed the kit, i found that the supplied 16t sprocket does not mesh...
  12. W

Rotor Compatibility

Hey guys Was wondering if is possible to run different specs of rotors to brakes. I would like to upgrade to Shimano Xt brakes from M445. Will i have to upgrade to XT rotors as well? Did a brief search through old threads and couldn't find an answer Thanks w
  13. W

29er Building Help

Hey everyone I'm seriously considering building up a 29er due to all the good things ive heard about them. However, i have a few queries... Im looking at the Niner RIP 9 frame, and fox 32 F29 FIT RLC fork in 120mm. However, i understand that the frame comes with a tapered steerer tube...
  14. W

Snowboard help/advice

Hey people Was wondering if i could get some advice on buying a snowboard set up which im probably looking to do sometime fairly soon. I have a set of bindings and the area where i dont really know shit all is about the board, although i think i would like to be looking at something in...
  15. W

MTB Lighting

Sorry if this thread already exists, but I did a quick search and couldn't find a specific thread. Was just wondering what lighting systems people use for 24hr racing, how much they cost and how they perform (brightness battery life etc). Thanks
  16. W

Whistler 09

Pics from trip to whistler in early july. Had a blast, although I broke my arm on the second day of riding the bike park on crank it up. Have to go back soon hopefully and ride heaps more, and maybe climb a route up the chief in Squamish if i get good enough. First attempt at sequencing...
  17. W

Whistler Advice

Hey people Planning a trip to whistler in early july for around 10 days, and i was wondering if people who have been there could offer some advice.. -Where is the best budget accomodation -Where is the best place to hire a good bike -What are the best trails to ride cheers
  18. W

Pics & Vids of our Oxford Falls Red Hill Trip

Here are our some of our primo fotoz and vids from our Oxford Falls and REd Hill trip that we did recently. :D http://members.optushome.com.au/rosecassidy/