Search results

1. W

VIC Xc 29er hardtail complete or frame m/l

Medium carbon Santa Cruz Highball Hey mate, I have a medium 2011 carbon Santa Cruz Highball, SID XX fork, 3T carbon bars and post, Chris King hubs on Stans Arch EX rims, X9 group set. Awesome bike currently collecting dust. $1950. Cheers, Will
  2. W

Trek Top Fuel & Procaliber2016

I'm in Vic and ride a medium, could hook you up for a roll at Lysty.
  3. W

ritchey p27.5 - build thread - my first mtb

I've heard lots of good things about Hope hubs. I built up Stans Arch EX's laced to Chris King hubs and I can't fault them. I also looked at Tune, but hadn't heard too much about their MTB hubs so err'd on the side of caution. I don't think you could go wrong with either Hope or King.
  4. W

VIC early GT LTS carbon or GT STS

Give Daryl at Cycle Science in Glen Waverley a call. I haven't been there in a while but he had a real soft spot for the LTS and may have one or be able to point you in the right direction.
  5. W

Anybody done a MTBSkills course?

MTB Skills I did one a few years ago in Forrest and it was worth every dollar. Make sure your honest with your self appraisal to get in the right group and you will get a lot out of it.
  6. W

VIC ATTN: Lysterfield Trail Builders - what is going on with Follow Me?

I'm told that Parks never liked this feature and when someone broke their collarbone on it last Sunday Parks pulled it out.
  7. W

We have a new World Champion

Really, Shane Perkins puts out a max 2500 Watts and he goes alright. Congratulations to Paul, an awesome effort for a cool guy.
  8. W

using a glory frame for an all mountain/ XC bike build

XC Glory I know a bloke who XCs his stock Glory. He's been known to do 35 km / 780 vertical meters rides around Red Hill. I think he might commute on it too!
  9. W

Thoughts on Stan's 3.30 hubs

I had/have a set of Arch 29er wheels with 3.30 hubs. I built up a new pair of wheels using King hubs with Arch rims after my experience with them. In 6 months I had the cassette body bearing fail twice, needed a replacement skewer and also had to put in a new pawl kit because one off the springs...
  10. W

29er Wheelset

My Arch's came with different end caps to change them from 15mm to QR.
  11. W

So... Who wants $50?

Mine wasn't cheating, 2.25 Racing Ralphs! My lunatic mate has said the next is an imperial double century, ~320km. I'm not sure we can be friends anymore! :help:
  12. W

So... Who wants $50?

Me and mate went for a fair ride for breakfast and muffins last Sunday: http://app.strava.com/activities/28179739
  13. W

VIC Lysterfield Park

There is a trail build on this Saturday and PV are working on the tree issues. I've heard more trails might be opened next week. If anyone wants to assist on the trail build there are two start times, 8:00am and 10:00am leaving from Trailmix.
  14. W

Creaking Bottom Bracket in Pivot Mach4

Creaking BB I'm on my 3rd BB in my Mach 4 and the only one that never creaked was the one the came in the frame. The original creak-less one was lock-tighted in, which my LBS tells me is explicitly against manufacturers instructions. However, the 2 replacements that have gone in since have...
  15. W

Nowa Nowa Trails?

Nowa Nowa I rode there last Christmas when we stayed at Lakes Entrance. Good fun little trails, from memory there are around 6'ish trails that run from the trailhead, about 20km's. Nothing technical, but good fun and 1 really cool trail with berms and jumps. Essentially on the side of a...
  16. W

Melbourne club with social riding focus?

Melbourne Club Hey mate, So long as you have a MTBA license you can ride in any event you like. You will find differnt clubs run differnt events. The Lysterfield District Trail Riders (LDTR) have a really good social scene with the guys usually getting out a few times a week for a social...