Search results

1. H

Please people, Be nice to us!!!

Our biggest problem in Aus is not the internet, its the distributors putting to higher margin on there prices. I'm all for everyone making money, but when big wholesalers drop there prices by 30% and there still making a good 25% margin, then how is the LBS able to compete with that. When we...
  2. H

Widget

4x boy, the ibis was pauls old bike before he got the santa cruz. The widget wasnt the issue with the ibis blowing out either, snapped the chain then mistakenly put on an 8speed chain link instead of 9speed. the titus is the bike i ride most often, admittedly hasnt been much of late with all the...
  3. H

Widget

I run one on my 4x bike as well as my cross country bike. They have both worked with out fault for a good year or so now with the only minor tweak of the outer guide everynow and then. It can be done on simply with a pair of pliers. There are new sizes and colours available soon as well. If you...
  4. H

Is buying parts from CRC and having the LBS install them okay??

But its the enthusiasts that crack up a stink when there lbs wont help them out on the spot or have the exact spare part for the inside of some bloody derailleur made in the basement of some tech savy bloke's house in holland etc. for the cause of them racing the next day. Its very rarely if...
  5. H

New XC groupsets rant - are ShRAMano run by retarded marketers?

Does this mean they have cut high end 9 speed out of their product range. i.e. no more x-7, x-9 or x-0 9 speed groupsets. Hopefully they also put some reasonable prices on them so people flocking after the latest elusive 2x10 can spend their money locally and not jump onto a website and order...
  6. H

Should I go with a Banshee AMP Or just wait my time and get..

heres another option..http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?179507-Brand-new-yeti-dj-2009
  7. H

Broken Wrist Thread

I broke my collar bone, and it was displace by 3cm. I was in hospital for a week and got surgery to insert a titanium rod through the centre of it. The doctor recons the bone will be healed in 5 weeks and the rod gets taken out in 5 months. Im not supposed to ride for this time as it will...
  8. H

2009 lg-1?

I just gotmine about 2 weeks ago now and it works brilliantly. Looks and runs so cleanly. Only issue i had was the lack of hardware they sent with them, there was no short chainring bolts provided. The other thing i find a tad strange is that you cannot just remove the taco as it is attached to...
  9. H

Suggestions for a new XC bike

hey mate, the second hand section is the way to go. Have a good look into this option, http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174555. That is a really nice bike for an unreal price.
  10. H

LBS frustration rant

Not an inkling of hypocrisy in you name?! Top oz bloke, and the first sign of a slight set back for a "oz" shop your ready to throw the towel in and look overseas. Admittedly 70 dollars is a fair bit but every cent we spend overseas isnt doing jackshit for the australian mtb community or...
  11. H

Price/margin discussion

I dont understand why everyone has a bitch about markups. Bike shops buy from a distributor who in turn by from the manufacturer and accordingly have to make a margin to cover there costs (yes this does include peoples salary which they LIVE off). Why not realize this and actually help them out...
  12. H

The "will someone please kill me" thread

You've got tit ood tristian..on the verge of saying fuck you geology and riding, sleeping and driving my folks around. 2 more years just 2 more years. arhhh
  13. H

The "will someone please kill me" thread

This is a really interesting thread, im in 2nd year geology at uq, and as i see it (not trying to be a fence sitter) but you guys (olly, tristian and leitch) have all summed it up pretty well. Knowledge and education is definetly a key part in life but it cant be restircted to going to uni or...
  14. H

Mixing of Shimano - SRAM chain/cassette

All the sram chains are the same weight except for the hollow pin pc-991 which is about 15grams lighter. Although a little expensive go the pc-991 crossstep it is the strongest by far.
  15. H

4x/DJ Frame Choice?

banshee looks the best out of all those bikes, but if you want something really special get the yeti dj. geometry is spot on, they are light and theres not to many around.
  16. H

URGENT HELP 4x cranks

sorry bout the rubbishy old title but i need some decent advice pretty quick and i know this has been covered but id prefer feedback not just 'oh yeah boi there the shit'. Ive been researching and ordering parts for my new 4x/general riding bike for a good part of 2009. Ive chosen most the parts...
  17. H

Fast times- Fitness vs Skill

I think you have chosen the right line from the video just not rode it quite as quickly as your mate. This is completely constructive not trying to have a dig but if you listen carefully to that clip, you can here the difference in suspension noises. Mark's is one smooth wollow which rebounds...
  18. H

land in brissbane for a new track

hey man ive got a track up in brookfield and theres plenty more potential build spots i know around the place so if you and a few mates are keen for a ride swing us a pm to try and get one going.
  19. H

kenilworth photos

Did you get any of 109. On a glory with and orange t shirt or black and orange jersey. high_harry@hotmail.com cheers.
  20. H

Kenilworth rd 1 09

hey mate do you have any of 109. on a glory with orange tshirt or jersey. white helmet. high_harry@hotmail.com cheers.