Search results

1. H

URGENT HELP 4x cranks

sorry bout the rubbishy old title but i need some decent advice pretty quick and i know this has been covered but id prefer feedback not just 'oh yeah boi there the shit'. Ive been researching and ordering parts for my new 4x/general riding bike for a good part of 2009. Ive chosen most the parts...
  2. H

Middleburn + Gamut + Chameleon Setup Advice

Im still in the process of researching and putting together my new bike for general purpose riding and theres trouble in the crank/chain device area. Could anyone tell me if you can (and if so how) mount a gamut bottom bracket mounted chainguide onto a middleburn R-s7, which are going on to a...
  3. H

Cross training bike

Im not the quickest dh rider around but i would really like to start improving. Next year im in the open competiton which means stepping up to expert or elite. To get my fitness to and general riding skills to where it need to be to compete succesfully at this level im looking at investing in a...
  4. H

Zumbi F44 ti

I have been looking into new frames/bikes for 2009 and am trying to get ball park figures so i know how heavy the piggy bank is going to have to be. I've been sussing out the Zumbi f44 ti and its looks pretty sweet and the geometry seems to be spot on. My main question, is the avalanche rear...
  5. H

Maxxis Ardent

Has anyone used these new dh tyres yet and how do they shape up agaisnt the minions. Its about time i replace my tyres and dont really want to spend the money on them to find out they are dodgy.
  6. H

Help me find a picture

ive been searching for ages trying to get hold of that demotivator that says downhill..coz team sports are for fags. if anyone has it or knows wat thread it was in could you point me in the right direction. cheers
  7. H

Tomac Snyper and 4x

I currently ride downhill and round my local area of brisbane im fidning it really difficult to get out on the bike and have a good quality ride ever day with the big beefy rig. Im going to keep the dh bike to still race but as an alrounder and 4x racing bike i was looking at the tomac snyper 1...
  8. H

Cockpit for my glory

Ive been looking at a few threads and done some research from around teh bike shops and internet and have finally come up with the idea of running a funn rsx stem with a sunline V1 lowrise 750mm. just a few questions before the purchase how have people found the direct mount to their boxxers and...
  9. H

Low rise handle bars

Just a quick question, does anyone know if u can get DH bars with a rise lower then 30mm. if so what brand/model. cheers.
  10. H

Keen for a ride this week

Just got my new bike and have been getting used to it with some slalom stuff on a grass hill down at the park and some fire trails at mount cootha; i was just wondering if someone could give me fairly detailed directions on how to get to some quality downhill tracks so i can sneak some last...
  11. H

Trail Tucker

Not exactly sure where to stick this one but its general and you doit while riding, so my dip was here. Im a fan of eating and trying new types of food. So i was just wondering what other people use to get fill them selves up with while riding? Im a big fan of tuna ( out of those flat packets)...
  12. H

Sunshine Series - conundrem

Im really keen to get into the racing this year although there is a lack of a suitable bike because my hardtail is broken and im keen for a dually to be semi competative. Im just wondering is it worth speeding things (orgainzed within 3 weeks) to get a new bike and train to make the first round...
  13. H

First serious DH rig

ive been riding hardtail freeride for quite a while now coming on 4 years and hav'nt raced at all during this time. I love my freeride and all but im keen to get in on this sunshine series. Ive thought about riding my hardtail but it has become a pile of puss and am wanting to move up to a...
  14. H

Why We Ride

I had a rough saturday nite last weekend and so decided to have a quite one on sunday watching movies. I rented out that wild hogs number mainly because i wasnt in the mood for anything to in depth. Closer to the end of the movie the a line came about about "you are the posers, go back and think...
  15. H

help. DIY geometry changing

hey all i have a hardtail XC bike and so it came with a long seat post. i am wondering if i can cut a small amount off the bottom of this to change the height at which i sit; making it orientated more towards free ride and street. all help will be appreciated. thanks.
  16. H

Jamis diablo 2.0

g'day all, it coming to the end of year twelve and as motivation and reward for haluing arse in my subject over the year my parents have agreed to get me a new bike if i get an op 5 or less, and its looking like i probly will. so as you do ive already started window shopping and have come across...
  17. H

Help Design My Trail

At the moment i am building a small FR trial and im a bit stumped for ideas on what to put on the track. The trail is fairly narrow except for one wider part where i intend to put a dj or 2. It is also quite flat. Ive only built a log ride on it so far. I was wondering if anyone had any good...
  18. H

How to make Northshore Berms

Currently i am making a small freeride track. A section of the track is quite narrow and slopes away steeply on either side. This section is downhill. At the end of this part there is a quick turn. However becasue the track is narrow there is no place for dirt and rock berms. There is a few big...
  19. H

People's Dream Ride

Ever since i was a little tyke i have always had in my eyes a dream bike, i have to say my opinion has changed a bit over the years. However i thought it would be fun to find out what everyones dream bike is. It doesnt have to be the best bike out there, but just what you would really like to...
  20. H

Best Way to Clean Your Bike

I like to keep my bike clean and in good condition. However im getting real sick of using a hose(aswell as the fact you cant anymore in brisbane) and having to scrub all the garbage of it. I was just wondering if anyone has used one of those high pressure car wash hoses on a bike and if so is it...