Search results

1. agentninety3

Frame it!

I'm in the mood for a new hardtail build, which due to existing parts will be a 2x10 drivetrain. I've got the following flexible criteria: - 29er (same wheels as my Optic) - boost rear spacing (see above) - steel frame (never ridden one, am interested to try it out) - 120-130mm fork...
  2. agentninety3

Shimano Compatibility

Should be a simple answer - can you use a M8000 front derailleur with a M780 shifter?
  3. agentninety3

WA Sold

Item: DT Swiss X1700 Spline Two 27.5 Wheelset Location: Perth, WA Item Condition: Good Reason for selling: No longer have a 650b frame to attach them to. Price and price conditions: $240 + postage Extra Info: - Shimano style freehub (9-11 speed) - Centrelock hubs - Currently setup...
  4. agentninety3

WA Sold

Item: RockShox SID XX 120mm 27.5 Tapered 15x100 Location: Perth WA Item Condition: Excellent. No marks on stanchions or lowers. Hydraulic lockout functions perfectly. Reason for selling: The 26" frame I'd squeezed 650B wheels into succumbed to tyre rub. Decided I'd reduce the quiver (for the...
  5. agentninety3

Helmets

OK, so the search function sucks and I can't find a decent thread on this; I had an off last weekend and pinged my helmet covered melon off a rock, enough for it to make me woozy. So, new helmet time. Ordinarily I'd head out and buy the exact same model but I can't find a non-black (yeah heat)...
  6. agentninety3

Frame Protection

New bike, and the forum's search function is shite. Folks, frameskin don't have a kit for a Norco Optic - and I need some good options to protect the shiny green paint. I see pushys have some 'All Mountain Style' stuff, but it seems... small. What are your thoughts?
  7. agentninety3

Recommend me a 29er

Burners - I've been hunting around for the bike I see as 'the one'. Here's what I'm looking for: - a 29er with 100mm - 120mm rear travel - modern geo with a sub 70 degree head angle - a nice colour, I'm sick of the stealth black thing, and I don't particularly like red / orange - bottle cage...
  8. agentninety3

RockShox interchangeability

Suspension gurus... forgive me for my lack of knowledge of part names. I have a (spare) 2015 RockShox SID XX fork (SID B I think). In the uppers there is the XLoc lockout mechanism which I believe is removable and replaceable with the RCT3 version of the same part (someone please tell me the...
  9. agentninety3

Hope 'Boost' hubs

Simple question - is it possible to convert Hope Pro 2 Evo hubs to 'boost' spacing via caps / axles? I'm considering a 6fattie purchase and wanted to know if I could use a 29er wheelset with Hope hubs in the same frame / fork.
  10. agentninety3

XC Tyres

I'm building up a 650B XC hardtail, and was chasing some opinions on tyre choice. I'm using DT Swiss X1700 wheels for the build, aiing to go tubeless, and will generally be riding trails in WA's southwest which vary from hardpack to gravel to loose sandy tops. Mostly fire trail type stuff, which...
  11. agentninety3

Which Fork?

For a budget of under $600, I'm looking for options on a 100-120mm travel 650b XC fork. I'm also a bit of a wanker when it comes to colour and would prefer if they are white. At the moment - considering these: http://www.jensonusa.com/Rockshox-Re...-275-Fork-2013 Anyone got any other thoughts?
  12. agentninety3

WA Sold

Item: Shimano Deore 3x9 M590 shifters Location: Perth, WA Item Condition: Used Reason for selling: Replaced with ispec compatible XT shifters Price and price conditions: SOLD Extra Info: Originally from a 2013 Talon, less than 100km on them. Both left and right shifters. Pictures:
  13. agentninety3

WA Sold

Item: Tektro HD330 brakes Location: Perth, WA Item Condition: Used Reason for selling: Replaced with ispec compatible Deore brakes Price and price conditions: SOLD Extra Info: Both front an back brakes, fully bled, and come with rotors included. No off-road usage before replacement. Pictures:
  14. agentninety3

WA Sold

Item: Crank Brothers Cobalt 3 Seatpost (31.6 x 350) Location: Perth, WA Item Condition: Used Reason for selling: Replaced by RF Turbine because I'm a brand slut Price and price conditions: $25 + postage Extra Info: Scuff marks near insertion point. Originally from a 2011 GT Zaskar...
  15. agentninety3

WA Sold

Item: Giant Liv WSD saddle Location: Perth, WA Item Condition: New, still in plastic wrapping Reason for selling: Saddle was replaced with wife's existing Selle SMP Price and price conditions: SOLD Extra Info: Came straight off a new 2013 Talon Pictures:
  16. agentninety3

WA Sold

Item: SRAM X9 9 Speed Rear Derailleur Location: Perth, WA Item Condition: Used Reason for selling: Tried SRAM, didn't like it. Price and price conditions: SOLD Extra Info: Long Cage, less than 500km through the drivetrain Item: Shimano Deore M592 Shadow Read Derailleur Location: Perth, WA Item...
  17. agentninety3

Sold

Item: FIZIK Gobi XM Carbon Braided Saddle Location: Perth, WA Item Condition: Used, but excellent Reason for selling: The gold colour doesn't really suit any of my bikes Price and price conditions: SOLD Extra Info: Small dint in the golden part of the saddle, no other scuffs Pictures:
  18. agentninety3

WA Sold

Item: SRAM PG 990 11-34T Cassette Location: Perth, WA Item Condition: Used, but excellent Reason for selling: After my SRAM experiment I went 10 speed on everything Price and price conditions: SOLD Extra Info: 9 speed cassette has less than 500km on it, and comes in Nugget Gold. Pictures:
  19. agentninety3

Sold

Item: SRAM X0 3x9 Nugget Gold 3x9 Shifters Location: Item Condition: Used, Right hand shifter needs re-assembly Reason for selling: Bought these as a test, then found out I really don't like SRAM shifters. Price and price conditions: SOLD Extra Info: Left hand shifter is perfect. I...
  20. agentninety3

WA Sold

Item: Sun Ringle Black Flag Expert 26" Wheelset Location: Perth, WA Item Condition: Used, but excellent Reason for selling: Was a secondary wheelset for a bike I no longer own. Price and price conditions: SOLD Extra Info: Front and rear axles are standard QR, skewers included. 6-Bolt disc...