Search results

1. G

Building dh/am tracks at laidley se- queensland

Hey mate, I missed this post originally, so didn't get to help dig. How'd the build go? I'm from the Toowoomba MTB club and we're currently building and reshaping many tracks, so I'm always keen to check out others ideas. Cheers, GFN
  2. G

How to build a DH track

My advice to anyone wanting to have legalised trails is to look for some council owned land that suits and begin a negotiation process prior to track building. It's much easier that way. Once that gets started, and clubs in the area show growth in their numbers, this can then be used as...
  3. G

Mackenzie Frenzy Downhill trai maintenance

Thanks to all who turned up and gave a hand. Having the holes dug and uprights concreted in should allow us to get the rock armouring done in two weeks time. Keep an eye out for new posts detailing the next maintenance day. The date will be contingent on the council supplying us with dirt from...
  4. G

[QLD] Toowoomba - Mackenzie Frenzy

Mackenzie Frenzy now open to public again with the track diverted onto the Bridle Trail after the concrete chute. The track can be rejoined at the Grassy Knoll.* Plan on the this section of the track being closed for up to a month.* Cheers, GFN
  5. G

Castle hill

I went out there for the first time today and met some great blokes giving the trails a run. I was really impressed with the effort that has gone into the place and wanted to thank those responsible. (I even carted out someone else's rubbish in respect for you guys) I'm not sure you Gus are...
  6. G

Noosa Away Ride!!

Count me in!
  7. G

[QLD] Toowoomba - Mackenzie Frenzy

G'day all, Please note that Sunday 7th October 2012 the Mackenzie Frenzy Downhill track in Jubillee Park will be closed for maintenance. Due to some pretty gnarly erosion forming on the upper section, the Toowoomba Mountain Bike Club are undertaking some trail stability measures that will see...
  8. G

Mackenzie Frenzy Downhill trai maintenance

Mackenzie Frenzy Downhill track maintenance: Sunday 7th October 2012 1200h meet at the Harvey St Gazebo The focus this weekend will be on digging up to six 2 foot deep holes to secure the retaining wall sections of the track. Unfortunately this will be by hand and hard work as there is not...
  9. G

Mt cootha ride

I'm pretty keen, but discovered that I am extremely unfit and still recovering from my inluries. DO you think there'll be enough variation in skill I won't be holding back you fit guys?
  10. G

Meeting Minutes 9May12

G'day Schoey, I was chasing these today, have they been posted elsewhere?
  11. G

Meeting Minutes 11th April 2012

That fellow is known as The Clown, or Jack FitzGerald.
  12. G

Club 1st Aid Qualified members

P.S. Being identified as a 1st Aid qualified person will not stop you from riding. I have a communications and transport plan incorporated into the shuttle service.
  13. G

Club 1st Aid Qualified members

G'day all, As a part of the away ride at Mount Joyce, we require 1st Aid qualified people. It would also be good to have a general list of qualified people. 1. If you can make the trip and are 1st Aid qualified, post your full name below, with the message saying you are "able to make the...
  14. G

Jubilee Wednesdays 5.00pm

My aim is to hit the trail at about 4-4:15 PM from Cheeseburger.
  15. G

DH Committee

G'day Matt, I'd be more than happy to come along and walk some of the potential areas. There is some potential below Rain Rut in the gorge that needs some looking at. Aussie Pete will be up for this for sure. Also, I have stuck my hand up to organise a club day out at a a few places...
  16. G

New XC Sub Forum

G'day Perry, I have stuck my hand up to organise a club day out at a a few places, hopefully where we can have both XC and DH riding in close proximity for a a cuasaul feed and drink post ride. Could you please contact me to discuss: 1) A priorotiesed list of tracks; 2) Favourable dates...
  17. G

Downhill track maintainence Saturday 21st of april, 2 pm at harvey street.

RYDA, the track is pretty good in my opinion. It needs work to carry a race, but will definitely be fine to host a few blokes having fun for the day. Matt, I can't make Saturdays unless they are early mornings (not sure if others are in the same boat), but always happy to help on a Sunday...
  18. G

General Meeting Wednesday the 11th of April

I am likely blind, but I can't see a start time for the meeting.
  19. G

Help for the downhill race may 6th.

I'm happy to help also, but will be racing sport. As this is my first race I have no idea of the time I will have spare to help, so feel free to tell me I'm an idiot for double booking. Given my recent run of injuries, I may also spotaneously end up in hospital... GFN