Search results

1. mickjfawcett

Heading to NZ

make sure you get the shuttle Rotorua is incredible you wont need a guide everything is amazing. you can ride from anywhere close to redwoods and it is very well signposted.(grab a manky i.e a map on a hanky there fantastic to get you around) this is one of the better day planners for there...
  2. mickjfawcett

which bike to take to rotarua?

i say take what ever you feel you have the most fun on or the lightest one. i took a 180 travel bike over there for a week and found it abit overkill and the weight was an issue with climbing. will take my 150 travel next time even the steep trails are more xc than downhill. they are...
  3. mickjfawcett

Mountain Bike Safety Survey

done, good luck with the project mate i will be interested in seeing your results if you post them up here ps you should include the option "have a first aid kit" in what do you carry in your pack given its about safety
  4. mickjfawcett

A few shots from the North Island

man some great pics there well done! specially the ones on corridor. that is such a great track!!! cant wait to go back again
  5. mickjfawcett

New AM wheel set help

so was thinking in the end going the custom build path rims I was thinking the Mavic 721's getting the hubs without having to modify them when they arrive seems to be more complicated. any thoughts on the dt 240 hubs relative to the hope or CK? I can get a full set of mavic 721 and...
  6. mickjfawcett

New AM wheel set help

thanks for all your advise guys (keep it coming) had put the custom wheel sets in the too hard basket but looks like a good option. are the CK hubs worth double the hope pro 2's? ive read they engage a little quicker but don't see to much negative stuff on either
  7. mickjfawcett

New AM wheel set help

the guys in rotorua last week were all for the stans flow ex with hope hubs as well but my lbs talking me out of them. I like the crossmax sx wheels but wasn't there issues with there rear hubs?
  8. mickjfawcett

New AM wheel set help

yeah I did but was really don't know if I can convince myself for another grand the ones ive looked at are $1300-$2000 I havnt seen the enve for under 3grand
  9. mickjfawcett

New AM wheel set help

Hey everyone ive been really unhappy with the wheels on my bike so time to spend some money. problem is I cant figure out which ones I should be going for as there are so many to choose from. my criteria is they need to me AM orientated and be capable of handling rocky terrain tubeless fit...
  10. mickjfawcett

New Zealand

+1 for rotorua just came back from 1 week in rotorua and all I can say is if there's better mountain biking anywhere in the world it must be phenomenal because this place was sensational!!! rotorua has a trail for every rider and we did every track bar the national downhill track and felt my...
  11. mickjfawcett

Reign or Genius

cant comment on the reign but i have a Genius LT30 and find it amazing. going to test the 720 at a demo day on the weekend so will be interesting to see the difference but think you would be happy with it from all ive red / heard. ps +1 for seat dropper would never go back to not having one
  12. mickjfawcett

Update going again in, Jan to NZ now:) any1 else going?

ill be there hey mate ill be flying into rotorua on the 12th march for a week. just going by myself so happy to catch up for a ride if your around and want some company
  13. mickjfawcett

Bike suggestions around $2500

i think it depends on what sort of riding you are doing, how much travel you really want and do you want new or used? ive got a Scott Genius LT 30 and absolutley love the thing. it is a very solid bike with 185mm of travel and the equaliser shock allows for you to change to 115mm and 0mm...
  14. mickjfawcett

2013 Scott Spark 920

avanti narrabeen i got my scott from avanti in narrabeen and they have always been very good regarding tech info ect they matched price for me as well so worth a phone call
  15. mickjfawcett

Tubeless AM/Trail tyres that DONT weigh a tonne?

over what sort of terrain are you riding, ie more xc or more all mountain/downhill? rocky or more smooth? i think you can spend alot of energy trying to shave 100-200 grams when i reckon just get the best tyres you feel comfortable with and have fun. i use different sets of tyres on my...
  16. mickjfawcett

LIGHTS MEGATHREAD - all questions on riding lights asked and answered here!!!

light choices i have 2 sets i use i originally purchased the nightlight 1400 and this is a fantastic light. the wide beam is very good and i mount on the front bar and i am very happy with them (although exspensive). after a few rides i found i wanted a helmet mount light so i could be...