Search results

1. T

To Fork juice or not to?

I get where they're coming from, but their example is obviously a neglected fork imo.
  2. T

Sintered pads on resin only rotors

Resin only rotors are much softer that regular, so they simply burnt out. On the second time I tried this (this time from not having a choice on the day), brakes were utterly useless.
  3. T

Sintered pads on resin only rotors

Done this twice and one day you'll suddenly have no braking. Cant tell you where this will happen, but for me it was on the freaking trail.
  4. T

Hope/Stans Crest custom builds.

Couple years ago I had a custom build from CRC. Hope hubs in spank rims that werent in the custom build option. They told me as long as you buy "workshop only" spokes, they pick it up as a custom build and build them.
  5. T

New Lyrik opinions?

If you're worried about climbing, the Lyrik has a dual position option. Drop it down by 30mm for climbs and open it up to full travel for bombing down.
  6. T

Hands up those who've had a gut full of Telstra

I dont mind that they havent been metering my usage for the past couple months. Netflix has been my bitch.
  7. T

Pressure in tyres

Takes time to find the pressures you like. Like what has been said already, depends on your weight and tubes/tubeless, But for reference I sit around the 100kg mark and run tubeless with 2.5 front (24psi) and 2.4 rear (28psi) on 27.5 inch. On 26 inch I seemed to run a couple psi higher front...
  8. T

2016 UCI MTB World Cup Downhill

Yeah,that was fucked up. But when they waited for the end of the Redbull feed to finish and post results, people were still complaining about spoilers.
  9. T

Seriously, GET OFF THE F*CKING TRAILS, you idiots.......

I once came across 3 appointed workers for a local trail network sitting ON the trail eating lunch. Said to them "Get off the trail, you should know better", but Im sure it sounded like "Gerttfffftrailllllll shnobttrrr" as I rode past.
  10. T

12 speed drivetrain

I'm still on 10spd. Will have to sell my bike to be able to afford it. It may be a while.
  11. T

5 10’s… finally got a pair

5-10s...was looking for riding shoes when I first started and saw page after page of good reviews on CRC. The hype is real, havent bought another type of shoe since. 5-10s all the way.
  12. T

Atheist's, what got you to your atheism?

I often remember thoughts that I had a child that now seem very adult. One was about how I thought religion was flawed. I was raised without any religion, but thought I believed in god and I guess it was because it is all around us, soooooo I guess I believe it too. But at some point...
  13. T

Do you want to feel faster or be faster?

Fast is not a measure of fun, so i dont care.
  14. T

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Gave my bike an almost all over clean. Wanted to clean out the gunk from between the large front sproket and bash guard. Got 3 chainring bolts out.....the 4th however is now there permanantly it seems. Such a horrible design to attach a chainring. I was even using the correct tools for it...
  15. T

Fox Creek Adelaide

Im really enjoying F.A.M.E. and Duck N Weave (Then connects to Fast) out at Fox ATM. Try going to the other side of Kersbrook when your around Fox Creek next time. The Mt Gawler Rd/Airstrip Rd trail is a lot of fun too.
  16. T

What sort of conditions do you prefer for riding

Minimum of 16c degrees up to maximum of 30c. Sweet spot being 20-24, (better if it's overcast. less weird tan lines from gloves that way)
  17. T

Confessions from the fuckwits

I fucked up my tubeless valve trying to remove it. Giving it a tap with the valve opened and the lock nut still on. So I'm running a tube for a while till I can learn to brain again.
  18. T

DH WORLD CUP 2015 - follow the season here with predictions, laments and discussion!

I asked a couple races back "what does Loic have to do to win?" Enter the world champs seems to work for him. Outside of the Aussies, Loic is the one I was most hoping to take the W. Glad he got it done.
  19. T

The Walking Dead

Dont blame FX. Theres a holiday in the states and for some reason regular scheduled TV takes a break too.
  20. T

The Walking Dead

I wanna see a scene of Dale getting out of town in his RV