Search results

1. M

The road to 115kg

Hey guys, After being in the wilderness for about 15 years off the bike for most of that time I have started my journey from 163kg to my target of 115kg or less. I purchased a Scott scale 960 that I have been riding about 30 to 45 min every second day. On the other days I am walking uphill for...
  2. M

New wheels

Hey guys. I am thinking of upgrading the wheels on my Scott scale 960, reason being as I am way over 100kg when I am going downhill (road) I can feel the rear wheel gets a little flex happening on average corners. My question is what is a decent set of new wheels that you would buy for around...
  3. M

Who is right, who is wrong

Hey guys Cut a long story short I ordered a 29er from my LBS, it was ordered 3 weeks ago at the time I agreed to the time frame, I went in on Saturday to check all was good to arrive his week. Yesterday I got a call advising that it would be another 3 weeks, I though this seems a tad to...
  4. M

Clarks Skeletal disc brakes

Hey guys Has anyone got an set of these baby's or used a set I am thinking of maybe upgrading the brakes on my XTC 29er 2 eventually and these sound and look the goods. I am open to other suggestions as well except for Avids they sound like more issues than a second hand lawn mower...
  5. M

SR Forks

Hey guys I have a question about SR forks, are they anÿ good do they compare to rock shox or other brands. I don't want to do DH or DJ, I am after a decent fork for mainly XC and commuting. I am over 100kg in weight as well. Any info would be great.
  6. M

Polygon Cozmic 29er or suggestions.

Hey guys, It has been along time since I have rode an MTB, I am in need of getting fit and want to start riding again to eventually race. I am looking at buying a polygon Cozmic 29er CX3.0, does anyone have one or ridden one in the past year or 2?, are they a decent unit?, or should I look...