Search results

1. onlock

Anyone in Melbourne going riding?

Jump on "dh mates" on face book. Theres a few on there keen to ride all over melb.
  2. onlock

New DH bike

Iv got 2x demo8's here. One 2013 carbon sworks and a 2011 alloy frame. Both feel about the same weight to pick up. Not enough to notice anyway. The main difference i find is the tipping weight from left to right is massive. But for most people it probably wont make you fuck all of a difference...
  3. onlock

Basic pedal advice needed - XC vs Trail

Pretty sure you can get 510 clipless shoes with a flat sole. Pair that with something like crank bros mallet style pedals and you can be cliped in but still able to get a foot on and a couple of cranks without feeling like your gonna slip a foot...
  4. onlock

small womens flats???

ended up getting a pair of the specialized womens cadets in purpleee greenish. look pretty good and can be used with both flats and clip in. tried the tahoe but she wasnt much of a fan of the fit womens 510s were a good option but the only place in melbourne worth buying mtb stuff from is...
  5. onlock

VIC Sold

Still got this. Been changed back to standard spec. Ie. standard bars, stem and grips and some jet black flat pedals. Can sell as is for 1600 or 1800 for the lot.
  6. onlock

VIC Sold

2014 giant trance 27.5 1 large New xt rear derailer 1 ride old Maxxis minion dhf front tyre tubeless Maxxis high roller 2 rear tyre tubeless Dmr v12 pedals Easton lock on grips Raceface atlas bars Chunked 50mm stem (standard 70mm stem aswell) Marsh gaurd Original specs can be found...
  7. onlock

small womens flats???

Thanks for the replies. Good to hear some shoes are compatible both ways. The specialized might be the way to go. Just gotta order em. One of her friends has the pink and black 510s in a 5 so she couldnt possibly buy the same shoes haha whatever. As long as she gets out and rides im happy
  8. onlock

small womens flats???

hi all. my partner is looking to get a pair of shoes to suit both her mtb and roadie. shes still fairly fresh to riding and abit hesitant to try clip ins unless theres some sort of easy clip setup? so what im actaully after is if anyone knows of any manufacturers that make shoes like a 510 in...
  9. onlock

Clipless or get less crap?

Dmr v10 pedals and 510 freerider shoes. Just like shit to a blanket
  10. onlock

Injuries. What's your story?

Yeah yours looks nasty. I think i got lucky after having some issues in a public hospital i got transferred to a private one and surgery was done the next day. Movement isnt too bad at the moment. Id say over 90% already. Surgeon was pretty impressed. Private health cover and a good physio with...
  11. onlock

Injuries. What's your story?

3 months ago from today i had a whoopsie at mt buller. multiple fractures in my left humourous. Not much fun. Got the all clear from the doc yesterday to start riding again. But still regaining strength and some movement. Cant wait to ride youies on sunday
  12. onlock

camping near mt buller

Scrub worms with a very small weight and 3 orange beads goes very well in there.
  13. onlock

Giving bike for free?

Where abouts in melb? Im at home with a busted arm and could be interested in fixing her up as something to do then pass on for as minimal as possible
  14. onlock

2015 27.5" YT Industries Tues $4399/$3399AUD

Whos the dealer? Frame only option available?
  15. onlock

camping near mt buller

A couple of minutes before mirimbah there is carters rd. If you turn onto carter's rd, cross the bridge, a couple hundred meters on your left there is a campsite
  16. onlock

VIC Revell 450R - SOLD

still got this?
  17. onlock

Mt Buller - All you need to know

awesome. thanks guys. looks like we will shuttle up from the bottom in the morning, then use the chairlift for the day and take delatite back tot he car at the end of the day. can anyone compare any of the dh tracks to tracks at you yangs or maldon? couple of the guys are riding 120mm duallys...
  18. onlock

Mt Buller - All you need to know

me and a few mates are looking a heading up next weekend to do a mixture of the dh and am? style tracks. just trying to make some sense of the bike buller website. am i right in thinking that if we get the Unlimited Northside Express chair lift day pass: $60 per person ticket that will cover us...
  19. onlock

Bloody axle standards... for Lapierre

Possibly similar to giants? My 14 trance has a 142x12 rear but uses a 9mm axel? I dunno im new to this but would of thought the 142x12 would just use a 12mm axel. Can take pics if needed