Search results

1. C

VIC Mountain Bike circuit in Quarry Park Footscray

The BERMS look so good there. I read that july is the grand opening, as they are still awaiting trees and shubery and arty farty things that cost way too much
  2. C

Sold 2015 Giant Trance 2 - Large - $1000

pm'd
  3. C

Yarra Trails regulars

Spotted a middle aged man on saturday about noon, cycling down busy Church st richmond on his big wheeler, all spec'd up in his lycra and 661 full face helmet peddling in granny gear. Quite a bizzare sight. admitedly he was heading towards YT's Cool story right.
  4. C

Which dropper??

Ive been busting my ass on an OEM Giant contact on a trance 29er. Cant complain, its held up fine, can take a little extra persuasion to actually go down at times (gotta slam your ass down on it). Im 90kg and only complaints is the single alen bolt style seat retention, which has moved the seat...
  5. C

Post your 29er!

My generic Trance X 0 29er (Size XL) Wrapped in vinyl to protect from aids. Pic is at Plenty Gorge , im sure locals know which section this is
  6. C

Giant US 2015 Trail & XC

What with the Stance...? Trance 650b has similar geo as the Reign 26er. infact Giant should have released the trance 650b as the Reign 650b lol
  7. C

Yarra Trails regulars

I know that aesthetic, im 6ft 3" 95kg , my giant trance xl 29er looks quite small. Then i see 'average' sized people on 29ers and they look like clown bikes :D
  8. C

Yarra Trails regulars

Nah Lysterfields good. You sound like its your ex gf.
  9. C

Yarra Trails regulars

Thanks guys for the Blvd map. How is it compared to the Westerfolds/Eltham side? I only really ride Hans, then head Sth westish and never really pass Burke road bride. Is the Blvd on wards more challenging? I like roots. lol.
  10. C

Yarra Trails regulars

We moved that big ass tree out the way yesterday mid day, it has been there for a couple days at least.
  11. C

The Mud Hugger 29er (mudguard) group buy?????

I made a mini rear, but you can also do the same with this type. This stops about %70 of ass/back spray http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Mucky-Nutz-Butt-Fender-WHITE-Mountain-Bike-Rear-Saddle-Mudguard-Muckynutz-NEW-/00/s/NDgwWDQ4MA==/$(KGrHqF,!pEFB)uLB1O4BQlF,dOH7w~~60_35.JPG
  12. C

The Mud Hugger 29er (mudguard) group buy?????

Make your own mate. Go buy $2 plastic folder from officeworks, bag of $2 cable ties, 30mins. boom. use this template...
  13. C

Warrandyte and surrounds

Nice. Looking forward to whatever is planned. Hopefully not all lycra XC oriented. The area needs a little gravity please!
  14. C

Who uses their CTD

nah i leave it on T front and rear. used to fluff around with it when Climbing and descending but too lazy nowadays
  15. C

VIC Lysterfield Park

I like the triple tester you have at the start. I can relive a poofteenth of Cressy haahahah. Wish there were more technical objects though...Mebe one day. I still see alot of riders take the little jumps on Aneurysm and land upside down. Thats quite a sight. Well done on the berms. Once...
  16. C

Could a 29'r be 27.5'd? Just a thought.

Bottom bracket clearance issues will arise http://forums.mtbr.com/27-5-650b/anyone-put-650b-wheels-29er-885878.html
  17. C

You Yangs

I got a couple pinch flats at Stockyards a couple weeks back, had baggies ask if im ok, had lycra's (probably from kurrajong end) just fly by full strava run.
  18. C

Building confidence?

All out with yo balls out. Our group had 1 guy who had more confidence and balls to commit to jumps, rockgardens etc. Took the rest of us a good 8months or so to get to his level. You just have to commit. Start slow, recce run the trail, if all else fails, MORE SPEED (srsly). Just dont...
  19. C

Vimeo vs YouTube

Vimeo is used by professionals. The benefits are lack of adverts, and trolls. The big difference though , is that Youtube has revenue from ads, and you can make money from your video's. The difference is black & white in the videography industry, but can be unclear and pointless for those...
  20. C

Dirt jump spots in the Melbourne area

Hit up Plenty Gorge behind Uni Hill/Greensborough hwy. Nice downhill section with table tops and lots of snakes. You probably need a local to show you the spots. Theres also Northern BMX track off McKimmies road thomo, its infested with arrogant nitro car enthusiasts.