Search results

1. nik_1974

Broken Shifter on indoor trainer

Just broke the shifter on my indoor trainer and was wondering if anyone had used a bike shifter on one of these before. I was thinking of using a mountain bike shifter as the components would be stronger to hold the tension. Any ideas?????
  2. nik_1974

Why are road riders so different?

As the title says why is this so? Very few have any etiquette. They dont know how to say gday. Ride slow and take up the whole bike path and ignore request to move over (now realise i have to fucking yell). And then get angry when you push past their fat, lycra covered, <20km/h slow ass. Or cut...
  3. nik_1974

Stromlo Shuttles

So i'm in canberra till friday and am keen to do some runs at stromlo DH. Can get myself out there and can supply fuel money for shuttles. SMS me on 0430008351 if your able to help out. Cheers Nick
  4. nik_1974

Stromlo runs

So i'm in canberra till friday and am keen to do some runs at stromlo DH. Can get myself out there and can supply fuel money for shuttles. SMS me on 0430008351 if your able to help out. Cheers Nick
  5. nik_1974

Norco Savage Stolen Wagga Wagga

Hey Guys My mate moved to Wagga recently for work and he calls me last week and tells me his Norco Savage was stolen from his mates garage and seeing that i built it for him could i post it on here. Can't remember the exact specs but as you see from the pics it had 888's, cable discs, bolt...
  6. nik_1974

Majura + Footy = Awsome Sunday in Canberra

Had to take the wife to Canberra Uni on Sunday and wasn't overly thrilled about going especially when i looked at the weather forecast Saturday night and saw "10 deg and a chance of snow". Thought i would still take the bighit to pass some time. Anyway got up before sparrows fart and hauled my...
  7. nik_1974

Derailler Question

I have just changed from a long cage to a medium cage sram derailler and was wondering should i remove any links from my chain to compensate for the shorter cage? Thanks in advance
  8. nik_1974

Friday 13th

Went to some local trails that i hadn't rode for a while today. Spent 1 hour cutting back an over-grown run. Pushed back to the top and was about 1 minute into my first run and ssssssssssssssssssssssss. FLAT!!!!!! I knew i shouldn't have gone riding today:mad::confused::mad::confused:
  9. nik_1974

Rear Shock Wanted

What: Vanilla rc or similar Price range/Willing to Pay: depends on condition and age Location: will pay postage Extra Info: 8.5 eye to eye w/ 2.5 stroke
  10. nik_1974

Mick Hannahs house robbed

Got this off MTBR. Has to suck bigtime. http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=285233
  11. nik_1974

Shock Question

Am I able to put a shock with same eye to eye length but larger stroke length on a bike? What will happen if i was to do this? The current shock I've got is 215mm eye to eye with 2.5 stroke and change to one that has a 2.8 stroke. I don't think its possible but want to check. Cheers
  12. nik_1974

Found

What: 12 x 150mm axle Price range/Willing to Pay: ???? Location: Will pay postage Extra Info: Need ASAP
  13. nik_1974

Lake Parramatta

Who ever is responsible for the trail work on the walking tracks around lake parramatta please stop. Why you would want straighten out all to technical sections is beyond me. I spoke with the ranger who takes care of the area and he knows what is going on and isn't impressed. Don't wreck these...
  14. nik_1974

150mm rear hub with or without rim

What: 150mm rear hub with or without rim Price range/Willing to Pay: depends on brand and condition - $100 for hub - $200 for complete wheel Location: will pay postage Extra Info: PM me any pics you have
  15. nik_1974

Deal or No Deal

<http://www.nbc.com/Deal_or_No_Deal/game/dond.swf> Don't know if this has been posted but it's addictive :D
  16. nik_1974

Rear Shock Fox or Manitou 8.75x2.75

What: Rear Shock - Fox, Manitou or 5th Element Price range/Willing to Pay: Depends on condition Location: Will pay for postage Extra Info: e2e 8.75 (222) stroke 2.75 (70)
  17. nik_1974

Risse Racing

Has anyone on here purchased anything from Risse Racing. I'm looking at purchasing the bighit link and want some feed back from anyone who has bought anything from them in the past.
  18. nik_1974

Anyone had a Demo8 stolen in SA

Anybody from SA had a demo 8 stolen. Sale seems a bit suss with no picture and a new frame that has a serviced shock. http://cgi.ebay.com.au/specialized-demo-8-pro-frame-new-large_W0QQitemZ220082790814QQihZ012QQcategoryZ7297QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
  19. nik_1974

biglink for bighit 2002

What: big-link for specialized bighit Price range/Willing to Pay: Depends on condition Location: Will pay postage Extra Info: Can come with or without shock. I want to increase the travel on my 2002 bighit comp. Or even the link of 02-03 DH
  20. nik_1974

Multi quote

The multi quote feature doesn't work for me. When i click on the posts i want to quote then hit reply none of the quotes appear on the next page. Anyone got any answers? Don't know if its got something to do with my firewall or not.