Search results

1. H

Laptops

I need a workhorse, something reliable with long battery power, 13-15 inch screen, nothing to play one. I currently have an old MacBook but would be happy to go down a different path. I mainly need it for working on, writing, surfing and I want it to be quick. Im not really patient when it comes...
  2. H

Renthal Apex

Any ideas why the Apex is pretty much sold out everywhere in the shorter lengths, 40 and 50mm? Have I missed something and they finally release it in all black ;-)
  3. H

WTB 45-50mm Stem Black 40mm Stack Height

Located in Sydney but am happy to pay for postage. Price depends on what stem you have to offer and its condition (near new would be nice, no major scratches). Needs to be black and a 40mm stack height would be much prefered. 0 - 6 degrees rise.
  4. H

Nelson NZ in Winter

How much riding is possible during winter in Nelson?
  5. H

NSW Renthal Fatbars 780mm 10mm rise

Item - Renthal Fatbars 10mm rise (no carbon) Location - Sydney/Northern Beaches but willing to pay postage Price - depending on condition Condition - Near new
  6. H

NSW Renthal Apex Stem 50mm

Want to upgrade to a 40mm stem? Now is your chance, sell me your 50mm one. Item - Renthal Apex Stem 50mm Location - Sydney/Northern Beaches but willing to pay postage Price - depending on condition Condition - Near new Please include postage costs in your offers, would rather prefer...
  7. H

How to measure bar width

Sounds like a stupid question but how is it measured? A straight line from one end of the bar to the other or is the bend taking into consideration? The reason I'm asking is that I've just measured my 750mm bars and if I take the straight line they are actually 770mm wide. Of course there are...
  8. H

35mm

If you'd be looking for a new cockpit would you consider going to 35mm? If not, why not? I'm not chasing the latest trends to be clear here but it just happens that the bars that I'm looking at are 35mm and as I also need a new stem I could easily go down that path.
  9. H

Ourimbah - Finding the Trails

How hard it is to find the trails at Ourimbah riding there on my own? I've never been there but plan on going this weekend. I'd be more interested in the downs than the ups but am not afraid of pedaling the ups if that makes any sense.
  10. H

Searching for Sugarman (or handlebars)

780mm width, 10mm rise or less, 8 degree backsweep, 6 degrees upsweep, NOT carbon Anyone any ideas? I'm getting sick from clicking on every bar from every brand just to figure out they are only 750mm wide. Why dont brands have OVERVIEWS that show me the dimensions of their bars.
  11. H

Feedback needed for Serrata and Gahnia NSW National Parks

Please go ahead and participate in this survey from NSW National Parks https://www.cvent.com/Surveys/Welcome.aspx?s=8510e607-89ed-4ae5-97ff-84bba2be7de6
  12. H

Yakima Holdup 2

Is anyone using it and would like to comment on it? http://www.yakima.com.au/2/Products/category/7/Hitch/22/Holdup-2 Thanks!
  13. H

Subaru Outback 1999 - Bike in the boot

Simple question but I cant find the answer anywhere. Does a bike (29er, 750mm bars) fits in the boot of an old Outback without taking the front wheel off? The boot is pretty big but with these kind of cars its always about if they open wide enough, especially with wide bars.
  14. H

Ute for MTBing, Shuttling - Tailgate question

I'm looking for a ute simply for MTBing purposes and was wondering if the tailgate needs to have a certain size to be able to put bikes onto it. Will a normal Holden Rodeo do for that purpose seeing that its tailgate is a bit lower than these of more modern utes? Are there any disadvantages btw...
  15. H

Five Ten Freerider VXI - Stiffness

I ride with these shoes and while I like the grip of them I think the sole is just a bit too stiff for my taste. I dont really get a feel for the pedals if you know what I mean. I've heard they take a long while to break in and am hoping that the sole will smoothen up a bit but whats your...
  16. H

Foot Positioning - Drops - Flat Pedals

I pretty much dont think about it when aproaching a drop what my feet are doing as I am mostly in the heels down position but I was wondering if you guys do. And if so how do you place your feet on flat pedals when doing a drop and are you doing it differently when doing a jump?
  17. H

Handlebar Width - Stock

I'm bored and got thinking. Wider handlebars are the rave, everyone and their mother claim they are better and according to the latest Pinkbike poll, more than 50% are running 780mm bars. But if thats the case and I dont doubt it for now, why hardly any brands stock their Trail/Enduro/AM bikes...
  18. H

How much sag do you run on your Pikes?

The title says it all but I'd appreciate if you also post your weight and PSI set up. Thanks guys!
  19. H

What roof bike carrrier?

We need a second bike rack for the roof and I dont know what to buy. I have a Thule Freerider but I'm not that happy with it. Its a pain in the ass to get the clamp tight enough but so that you can still close it (its a weird clamp system I think). I dont find it secure and I dont like the...
  20. H

Sydney Trails when wet

Being from Europe I'm not quite familiar with the rocky surfaces that characterises the trails around Sydney. I've heard that the wet clay is able to destroy your bikes drive train in an instant. Whats this about and what do you guys think? Would you ride the dam for example as long as its open...