Search results

1. K

Hi Fi Junkies: Come out of the closet

My sources are a circa 1998 Rotel 991 CDP and Rega Planar 3/RB300 (1987 vintage). Amplifier is Sugden A21a class A integrated. Speakers are stand mount NHT (US made). I have a second system running old Tannoy dual concentric 12" drivers (HPD 315) driven by a Cyrus2/PSX with Ariston RD80 turntable.
  2. K

What actually makes you a couple in eyes of law

You're asking a bunch of MTB riders for legal advice?
  3. K

Post your Roadie

Scott Solace 10:
  4. K

Just arrived in Adelaide and need to get on the trails

Hindley Street has been a shithole since time immemorial - and a bogan magnet for sure.
  5. K

Canberra Magpies …?

If you're looking to avoid roundabouts, Cairns may disappoint.
  6. K

Which bike do I need to ride trails like Melrose?

I had quick spin here today- hope to be back tomorrow- might even hire a Liteville for giggles :)
  7. K

F@#k it I'm driving to melrose

I was there for a quick spin today. Haven't been on any bike for the best part of a month (and it's been even longer since I was on a MTB :(. Nevertheless I had fun, saw the odd kangaroo and plan to get back there tomorrow and/or Sunday, circumstances permitting. And the streams are flowing -...
  8. K

^^ The alloy XL sold in the morning of the day I was there :(
  9. K

I'm 6"2 (and a 1/2) so 6'3" easy in shoes. Experience suggests with my long torso I'm always in the XL range for roadies and MTB. I'm not averse to 650B either. Dropped into Giant Adelaide today and fark all in my size. I'm now thinking Trek and Norco - bugger the wheel size, it's all about the...
  10. K

Oops meant to say re the brain "not so keen".
  11. K

Budget mid $3k - mid $4k tops. So far what's grabbed my attention is a Stumpjumper Elite (alloy) with a Pike and brain- love the idea of the fork, so keen re the rear - noting that the next generation of Stumpjumper will be EVO geometry and dropped the brain. RRP on that is $4.5k, was quoted...
  12. K

^^ I'm a tall guy so inclined to stick to 29". Giants are pretty limited in 29 these days. I'd also think 140mm on a 29 would be upper end for my needs (eg Remedy) but I'd be open to other views. Being basically XL in everything can limit one's options (especially at sale time, but even more...
  13. K

Thanks for that, call it coincidence but it was my plan to check out the Treks at BE this week. Done lots of reading but gravitating towards a Remedy 29 ATM.
  14. K

Fined for wearing a camera on your helmet

Police don't make the laws, but more than a few know how to misinterpret and misapply it.
  15. K

Are online forums dead?

I'm new to here (and to MTB) but compared to others I've been to (other interest groups, not bike related) this one seems pretty active. Sure it has more than its share of in-jokes and sarcastic commentary but it's light hearted enough and essentially non-malevolent on the whole.
  16. K

Dems Litevilles don't come cheap it seems. Might be punching above my budget/skills. Will look more closely though.
  17. K

Yes courses def on the agenda. I've also got some 2.35 Hans Dampf EVO snakeskin on order due to arrive shortly. Thanks for the tip on Liteville. Haven't explored those as yet. PS I've been clipless SPD until now but might try flats for a change.
  18. K

Ackland, you are most certainly right about the confidence (and skill) deficit my end, but I intend working on those. I can't point to the bogey men on the map but following a ride or two I went into the local shop and described my routes. I was told by the proprietor that it sounded like I'd...
  19. K

I think one was called Dodging Bullets?
  20. K

Thanks for the title update - it's better suited. Melrose SA. It's north of Adelaide and I can have frequent access should I choose. (I must have mistakenly assumed it was well known even outside of SA, they have annual festivals etc. ) Anyway, the trails vary considerably but I'd like to...