Search results

1. R

Geometry for the new guys

(NOT SO NINJA EDIT; this post is to explore to realm of gravity enduro riding, not that of a carbon copy post in downhill.) Over the years, particularly more recently, we have seen a race between brands to find a design of bike thats truly going to push the limits of speed, stability and...
  2. R

Lets talk geo

Over the years, particularly more recently, we have seen a race between brands to find a design of bike thats truly going to push the limits of speed, stability and capability. Big and small tweaks all over obviously make a big difference for the elite and for those of us who have spent many...
  3. R

Obligatory "new place, new face"

Hi burners, I find myself in a bit of a bind. I've made my way south and taken up residence in Lilydale. After a bit of searching and scouring the net, I'm looking to expand my minimal group if trail mates into something a little more substantial. I've been trying to make the rounds on...
  4. R

Victoria; the current situation.

Hi burners, I'm posting this thread to help get my head around the current situation/state of DH riding in Victoria. Bare with me. I've been down here for a year now and been riding infrequently at some of the spots around the city (unfortunately less than more of recent). Work doesnt allow...
  5. R

Looking for builders

Long story short, I've been building a set of trails for the last few months by myself. Making steady progress, but the goings are getting tough just one or two sets of hands , so I'm looking to expand the workforce a little. If you're in the Newcastle area and are looking to tag in on a...
  6. R

Newcastle Resurrection

Hi guys, Seems like life on the DH rig really had come to a stand still at the end of last year. I know a lot of tracks have been shut down, abandoned or trashed, but is there anyone else out there still kicking their own trails or looking to rebuild some? I see guys getting around on some...
  7. R

Newcastle Builders

Hi guys, Recently been getting back into the dirt jump scene. Seems a lot of the older trails and sets I once knew about are all but flattened, unmaintained or just gone. Seems a shame to think that the scene is almost died out. If there are any builders out there of private trails...
  8. R

Newcastle Dowhill and DJ's, what happened?

Seriously, where did it all go? I was out of the scene for a few years with moving around for work, now Im back on the bikes but there is almost nothing out there to ride. Does anyone know of any spots that are either still running or might just need a little bit of love to get up and...