Search results

1. phillynight

VIC WTB: Bright / Mystic Shuttle Pass for Feb 12 (sat)

Item full name and model etc. Looking to see if anyone wants to sell a Blue Dirt shuttle pass for Feb 12 Location Bright, VIC (live in Melb and can pickup or see if we can tansfer online or via BlueDirt) Price and price conditions (They show as Sold Out on their site, I will take a gamble if I...
  2. phillynight

VIC Stans 3.30 135mm endcaps

Item: Stans 3.30 end caps for 135 or QR Location: Anywhere thanks to Aus post Item Condition: Any Reason for wanting: It's a long shot but if someone has an old set of Stans Notubes 3.30 hub 135 thru-axle (or even QR) end-caps I am super keen to buy them. I don't want to wait a month and pay $80...
  3. phillynight

Mount Buller - where to stay

Looking to do a few shuttle days here with my partner and wondering where people have stayed while there? Blue Dirt seems to have their own "bike lodge" accommodations which seem ok, anyone use that before?
  4. phillynight

Recommendations on crankset upgrade

Just wondering what recommendations for an upgraded crankset would be. Right now I am running a threaded 30 BB and am running Sammox cranks non-boost that are actually quite nice and sturdy but also a bit chonky. I've changed the cassette to different gearing and want to downsize the current...
  5. phillynight

VIC WTB - Size small FS Enduro / All-Mountain

Item: Enduro or Enduro-ish with 27.5 wheels, size small Location: Melbourne VIC Item Condition: Used but good condition Reason for selling: Wanting to buy Price and price conditions: Around the 2,000-3,500 range Extra Info: We are starting to shop for a size small enduro or all-mountain 27.5...
  6. phillynight

VIC WTB: 26" MTB tires 2.25-2.4"

Item: Looking for a good condition set of 26"x2.25 to 26"x2.4 tires for my gf's mtb Location: Melbourne Price range/Willing to Pay: $20-60 Extra Info: Mostly local trail riding, she is running 2.1 right now and looking to go wider but she's not at the level of buying $150 worth of tires just yet
  7. phillynight

Pass around the reamer 30.0 to 30.9

I've recently bought an adjustable reamer and handle to ream a seat tube from 30.0 -> 30.9 and it all went really well. The tool works great and it just takes a bit of cutting fluid, a measuring caliper and some muscles to spin it like 200 times. I just passed on the reamer to @CHEWY and wanted...
  8. phillynight

Reaming & Dropper internal routing plan

I've reamed the seat tube finally so it's a more normal 30.9mm. The only issue I faced was the reamer was only long enough to ream down 19cm into the tube and I had trouble finding any kind of extension that I felt comfortable with it not falling off inside the seattube. In the one pic you can...
  9. phillynight

Brake 203mm adapter sizing for Fox36+SRAM?

I'm running a 2021 Fox 36 with SRAM G2RS brakes and a 203mm rotor. I did research and thought I got the right adapter (Shimano SM-MA-F203P/PM) but after starting the bed-in I notice the pads aren't using the full rotor patch. Am I using the wrong adapter or is this path of rotor usage 'normal'?
  10. phillynight

Wanted: 30.9 seat post for test fitting

Item: Any 30.9 seat post in ANY condition Location: Melbourne Item Condition: Any, the worse the better hahaha Price and price conditions: Don't want to spend a whole lot as it's just for test fitting while I am reaming a seat tube 30.0 > 30.9 I'm going to be reaming out the seat tube on a...
  11. phillynight

Sold SOLD Box Three 9-speed chain (brand new)

Item: Box Three 9-speed chain Location: Collingwood, VIC Item Condition: NEW Reason for selling: Went in a different direction on a build and don't need it anymore Price and price conditions: $15 - would prefer not to ship/post but if you want a quote I can get you one Extra Info: Ordered for a...
  12. phillynight

VIC Wanted to buy list of parts for quick build

I'm doing a build on a Bottlerocket v1 and want to get it up and running as soon as possible without blowing 3k on all new stuff so wanted to see if you have any of these parts laying around that I can help you clean out your garage and get you some cash (or paypal). Looking for decent shape...
  13. phillynight

Advice for Bottlerocket build

Ayo! So I just made a weird mid-life decision to pick-up a medium Transition Bottlerocket frame. When I lived in the US my friend had a BR and I loveddd ripping on it so I've been feeling nostalgic. I currently have a ole 2010 Norco 125 that I beat around on but it is terrible on anything other...