07 Round #4 - Sept 1/2 Awaba

sammydog

NSWMTB, Hunter MTB Association
Thats 12 to a bus so far.

I'm expecting (well squid assures me) that numbers will pick up this week. Remember, entries close on midnight Wednesday.

sammydog

Camping is legal in the watagans, at the moment though we haven't cleared any camping areas on the site.

There are camping areas at the heaton lookout, about 10mins drive past the top of the trail.

Sam!!

Likes Dirt
so how is it up there in the hunter?(weather)
i heard that the race might be postponed again because of the rain??

true?

sammydog

Don't know where that rumor came from. Yes it has been wet, but there has been no talk of postponement.

The forecast is for fine weather with temperatures this week of up to 25 degrees. The trail and road in should be nice by the end of the week.

sammydog

Some more details,

We have 6 buses locked in for Saturday and Sunday.

Practice will be from 9am - 5pm on Saturday and from 9am on Sunday.

Rego on Saturday will be from 8am, look for the big yellow tent.

Remember, Entries close midnight tomorrow.

donk4

Squid
We should look at what other sports with rego do have look at nsw swimming entry close with money two weeks before a meet.

Arrive on the day get a progamme you know what race what heat your in and whow your racing against pretty simple and some time they have up to 800 compitors with no complaint.

joemax

Likes Dirt
We should look at what other sports with rego do have look at nsw swimming entry close with money two weeks before a meet.

Arrive on the day get a progamme you know what race what heat your in and whow your racing against pretty simple and some time they have up to 800 compitors with no complaint.
Same thing happens for most state level road and track events - although maybe not the 800 competitors :rolleyes:

As other have said this will come as the sport grows but you'll lose some of the current openness as we move to a regime of no day licences and pre-qualification for state and national level events.

sammydog

Thats the one I have been watching, Sunday looks to be a cracker of a day.

Just a friendly reminder, entries close midnight tonight, so get them in. Link to the entry page is below in my signature.

Last edited: