'09 Turner bikes launched ****DHR PICS ADDED****

dhd

Downhill Direct
Turner bikes have gone live with their 2009 website featuring a full range of bikes which feature DW link technology. Point of interest is the DHR which will be the only DH bike with the patented DW link. Shorter travel variants Flux, 5 Spot and Sultan 29er will be available next month with the RFX to follow and the new DHR slated for arrival in March '09. Pricing is expected to be similar to current prices.

For more info see http://www.turnerbikes.com

Some interesting interviews with Dave Turner here:

http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/2009-turner-now-with-dw-link-suspension-18326
and here:
http://www.competitivecyclist.com/za/CCM?PAGE=WHATS_NEW

Attachments

Last edited:

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What like this thing...

I read it's got a 64deg HA which is something that's going for it, but personally I'd rather buy a clean looking Orange 224

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yea, I'm sure the new DHR doesn't sound like a packet of gob-stoppers in a kettle drum when you ride it on a rocky track.
I heard they fixed that issue.

I was mainly looking at the location of the shock and pivots on bikes such as that Turner and it just donesn't make sense from a mud / dirt and crap off the rear tyre perspective. And yeah I like to fiddle mechanically with my own bike, so would look for something easy to maintain and clean! Washing a trance was a big job compared to doing a ht, so I can only imagine that caked with mud!

Racing - sure you would definitely go for ride and weight over aesthetics or anything else - after all racers probably change bikes every season if they can afford it. I am no where near racing, just starting out so to me ease of maintenance and upkeep, plus a clean look (that factor rules a hell of a lot of bikes out these days) is what basis I would purchase on.

Hmm I reckon it would probably be one of those bikes that grows on you.

FR Drew

Not a custom title.
Off Topic

Yea, I'm sure the new DHR doesn't sound like a packet of gob-stoppers in a kettle drum when you ride it on a rocky track.
Actually, having marshaled at Stromlo for Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday of the recent Worlds, I can confidently say that there are buckets of bikes that rattle just as much if not more than an Orange 224.

Codner

Likes Bikes
New DW Link

i have a friend with the old squared tube turner DHR awsome bike (its up for sale if someone wonts it) but i rather liked the old desgin of the DHR. The new DHR looks more like a demo now (at least to me) although going to the DW Link should be a good thing. hope to see the new DHR on the mountion soon.

dhd

Downhill Direct
looks way better in the flesh bill! the comp gens werent doing it any favours.

Whats happening with the highline?
Highline is gone from the lineup. It may be resurrected in the next few years but don't hold your breath! Bizaar thing is we never sold a Highline in Australia. Everyone looked at them then either went to the RFX which is a lighter weight 7 inch bike or the DHR.

contagion

Likes Dirt
What's with turner never making hardtails? I'd love to see what they could do in the way of a street/DJ or 4x/DH styled hardtail.

dhd

Downhill Direct
What's with turner never making hardtails? I'd love to see what they could do in the way of a street/DJ or 4x/DH styled hardtail.
Well, the Company is called "Turner Suspension Bicycles" and hardtails are just not really their thing! They did do a few hardtails a few years back, but for team triders only. Think there was XC hardtails for Kabush and there were a few 4X ones I remember seeing under people like Neethling but they may have just been re-badged frames.