10 inches of goodness!

taibo

Eats Squid
I'm curious about the rear swing arm, is there another link in it somewhere, or does the shock mount directly onto the stay ??

either way, very nice
there is another link in there somewhere

Nice bike. How does it feel with such a loooooong stroke?
The curnutt shock doesnt work in the same way as ur DHX5 etc etc. The bike actually feels like a hardtail when you are putting down the power but throw it down any rock garden and it just soaks it all up.

And after Nicho did his stuff on the forks...they are now magic! Point and shoot!

taibo

Eats Squid
Update...

the original powdercoat started to flake off from day one and the frame was looking a bit shabby so with lots and lots and lots of time on my hands...

imo...much better than white:)

taibo

Eats Squid
Powdercoat was really crap most of it chipped off with a bit of effort. All the stuff that didn't I just used shelleys paint stripper and it all came off. Then got 120, 240, 400, 600, 800, 1000 grit sand paper and sanded and sanded and sanded and sanded :)
I wet sanded when I used 800 and 1000. Then got the autosol out and buffed it to the final finish.
I tried to Autosol without sanding but got a more dull finish. I think this was due to some of the chemicals(primer?) left on the frame from the powdercoating.

davo808

Likes Bikes and Dirt
the rawed paint looks amazing, you can clearly see the craftsmanship that went into this frame.
good work