2007/2008 A-league Discussion Thread, Tipping Comp and Fantasy League

sammydog

NSWMTB, Hunter MTB Association
Its almost time for the new A-League season to start and seeing as the tipping comp went so well last season, I thought it would be good to have one again this year.

So, if there is enough interest I will put one up, along with a fantasy league if anyone is interested in that as well.

Last edited:

nick

Likes Dirt
Yep im there. Sammydog youve just kept me to a second place finish in the world cup and last years a-league tipping comps i need revenge. Im just hoping victory can improve from our pre season form although last year we had a shit pre season aswell and spose you could say we did alright haha.

sammydog

A league Tipping Comp info

You are invited to join my A-League 2007/08 Tipping Competition at http://www.OzTips.com

===================================================================
Comp Name: Farkin A-League
Comp #: 110317
Comp Password: Farkin
===================================================================

To join:

1) Go to http://www.OzTips.com

2) From the 'Home' page, click "I'm new and I want to Tip" and register a new Login for the site (or, if you are already registered with OzTips, Login).

3) Click "I want to join a Tipping Comp" on the 'Home' page, or "Join a Tipping Comp" on the 'Tipping' page.

4) Enter the Comp # and Comp Password details above.

5) That's it! Full instructions on how to Tip can be found on the 'Help' pages.

sammydog

And the Fantasy League

invited you to play in their FOXSPORTS.com.au Fantasy A-League - 2007-08 League called Farkin Fantasy.

If you aren't already playing the game then you can register at http://aleaguefantasy.foxsports.com.au

Once you have logged in and entered your team, click on the 'Leagues'
link you can find at the top of the page. Now enter the code 2994-635 to join the private league.

Enjoy the game.

2fst4u

Likes Dirt
im in. never went to an a-league game but nickjacko told me there fresh so im there. nick take me along yer?

desj

Squid
I'll give it a go.I dont know much about the soccer but a tipping comp is always good.I'm more of a league man myself but i don't mind watching the odd game of soccer.Actually a lot more people are starting to call it football now i have noticed lately.

sman

Cannon Fodder
stand up for the victory... another domonation by archie!!!!!!!!
pffft. Go the Jets, Jardel might beat Romarios record for least movement in a game. If these Brazilians and Argentinian turn out alright we will go along way. Last time we played Melbourne, a full strength Melbourne the score was 4-0 to us. We are pretty much the only team that have the Victory sorted out tactically.

sammydog

Half time on the first game and the Mariners are up 1-0 against sydney.

By all accounts Bolton had a shocker with Petrovski putting away a weak shot 7 mins in. Crowd is supposed to be OK given the weather as well.

Right now I wish I had fox so I could watch.

--------edit-------

Full time 1-0, crowd of about 18,500

Gets my tips off to a great start.

Last edited:

sammydog

Who would have thought Wellington would score two goals in 5 minutes to steal a draw from Melbourne??

Newcastle played ordinary, although that seems to be normal when we travel to Perth to play.

After the first round the tipping comp looks like this (not too late too join for others interested).

Place Points Name
1. 6 MTB11R
1. 6 nickjacko
1. 6 sammydog
4. 3 bazza.farkin
4. 3 chimp_man
4. 3 krankstar
4. 3 skivi
8. 2 Farkin

HardNRG

Likes Bikes
is it possible to be in it, or am i too late??
i love the a-league, seeing as though my cousin plays in it!!
GO DANNY #18 for Queensland Roar
Matt

nick

Likes Dirt
Anyone know whose leading the tipping comp at the moment? ... :D haha stoked Victory finaly got 3 points. Look out sydney on friday were on a roll now. Oh and victory happens to be th only undefeated team so far this season:p