DH 2008 Iron Horse Sunday (Project Build)

Misplaced

Formerly Unfit
Your bike looks really nice!

Took a few pics of my shock today no its in my possession.
Big thanks to Aaron and Paul at http://www.nsdynamics.com.au for the shock treatment, low friction DU bushings, PUSH seals, synthetic racing oils, Nitrogen filled and shaft swap from original 0.625" to Kashima 0.50" shaft.

View attachment 319636
View attachment 319637
View attachment 319638
View attachment 319639

Leftovers
View attachment 319640
View attachment 319641
That's some fancy shit!

heavyp

You heard it here first
That's some fancy shit!
Cheers hopefully it will get even fancier, can I ask a favour can you measure the head tube length on your sunday for me ? I'm not sure if there all the same length but I can't find that info for some reason on the net and I what to get some K9 cups I'm just unsure what size t order as I've been given 3 different ones.

Misplaced

Formerly Unfit
Cheers hopefully it will get even fancier, can I ask a favour can you measure the head tube length on your sunday for me ? I'm not sure if there all the same length but I can't find that info for some reason on the net and I what to get some K9 cups I'm just unsure what size t order as I've been given 3 different ones.

Happy to. have left for the night but will measure when I get in in the morning. any more progress pics?

heavyp

You heard it here first
Happy to. have left for the night but will measure when I get in in the morning. any more progress pics?
Nah nothing at the mo waiting to hear back from the powder coat man and then hopefully get my forks serviced by NSDynamics for some good oil and some racing bros edge seals.

heavyp

You heard it here first
I ordered 5" K9 cups.

Seat Post Diameter: 30.0mm
B.B. Width: 83mm
Rear Hub Width: 150mm
Rear Axle Diameter: 12mm Proprietary Thru-Axle (comes with each frame)
Head Tube Length: 127mm
Chain Guide Mount: ISCG 05'
Chainline: 57.5mm

From here, you're best friend when it comes to Sundays: http://www.ridemonkey.com/threads/the-official-iron-horse-sunday-dw-link-tech-tuning-section.168138/
All good cheers dude, I do look at that thread and use it but 117 pages is a pig to get through haha

Misplaced

Formerly Unfit
Nah nothing at the mo waiting to hear back from the powder coat man and then hopefully get my forks serviced by NSDynamics for some good oil and some racing bros edge seals.
Hazza speaks the truth. 127 headtube on the large.

IMG_20151007_100107892_HDR.jpg

heavyp

You heard it here first
what? doesnt everyone have beer motivation on their bike? Shuttles make me thirsty.
View attachment 319806
I work for someone who drinks coopers reds and he's an animal ives seen him buy 3 tallies after work and down 2 in the car outside his house and take the other one in so his misses only thinks he bought 1 haha and somehow she doesn't/didnt know pretty sure he has a steel liver

Misplaced

Formerly Unfit
I work for someone who drinks coopers reds and he's an animal ives seen him buy 3 tallies after work and down 2 in the car outside his house and take the other one in so his misses only thinks he bought 1 haha and somehow she doesn't/didnt know pretty sure he has a steel liver
Only 3? :)

heavyp

You heard it here first
Once You Go Black, You'll Never Go back

I just picked up the frame from the powder coaters and couldn't be happier!

They have done an amazing job, I heard they were good but ill be honest I didn't realise it would look as good as it does.

If anyone in Australia is thinking about getting there bike powder coated look no further than Roberto at http://www.robertoscustompowder.com.au/gallery-bike/ I paid $200 for chemical strip, light blast and great workmanship. Plus he has a Delorean you can look at which is killer.

Ps: Sorry the pics are not that great
_PC_1967.jpg
_PC_1971.jpg
_PC_1973.jpg
_PC_1979.jpg
_PC_1965.jpg

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Holy doodles that's nice.

Build up coming soon?

Out of interest, did the gusset on the down tube and head tube have dents from fork bumpers? One of the only Sunday's I've seen without those big dents. Make sure the bumpers hit the top tube, won't dent there.

Misplaced

Formerly Unfit
I just picked up the frame from the powder coaters and couldn't be happier!

They have done an amazing job, I heard they were good but ill be honest I didn't realise it would look as good as it does.

]

Awww yeahh! Call it Vader!

Now just to ano the links :)

heavyp

You heard it here first
Holy doodles that's nice.

Build up coming soon?

Out of interest, did the gusset on the down tube and head tube have dents from fork bumpers? One of the only Sunday's I've seen without those big dents. Make sure the bumpers hit the top tube, won't dent there.
Build won't be for a while, I need a full groupset, bars, stem, headset, angleset, grips, pedals, and tyres still sadly.

There is a slight bump on the otherside but hardly anything, I know its only an iPhone pic but but my first post you can see how good the condition of the bike was I don't think it ever reply saw dirt hardly ever.

slowmick

38-39"
that's an awesome paint job bloke. would seem a shame to cover it up with a frameskin or similar. Guess they're not meant to be show ponies. looking forward to the build. :thumb:

heavyp

You heard it here first
that's an awesome paint job bloke. would seem a shame to cover it up with a frameskin or similar. Guess they're not meant to be show ponies. looking forward to the build. :thumb:
No frame skins for me maybe a little clear tape on the chain stay and where cables may rub but thats it.

smoovaz_buddah

Likes Dirt
Nice one man, the powder coat looks great.
Sunday's are such a good bike... I ran one from 2009 - 2014 and bought a new bike because I thought I should, and I've always toyed with the idea of building the frame back up again. I get pretty stoked seeing other people keen on them, I'll be keeping an eye on your progress for sure

heavyp

You heard it here first
Seatpost and seat clamp arrived in the post today, sorry to be drip feeding the build to you but I want it to be perfect and am still in 2 minds about certain parts I want to buy.

_PC_2034.jpg