DH 2008 Iron Horse Sunday (Project Build)

Misplaced

Formerly Unfit
Seatpost and seat clamp arrived in the post today, sorry to be drip feeding the build to you but I want it to be perfect and am still in 2 minds about certain parts I want to buy.
Ahhh, the tease. You devil. Keep the updates coming.

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Couldn't help but but put the seat post and clamp on it today. Obviously need to cut the post but il decide that when Im looking at a full build as Im 6' 3"

View attachment 321354
View attachment 321355
Damn they still look so good.

I know second hand isn't the nicest thing with a new full build but there's a used full groupset of X01 7 Spd gear on here somewhere, full stealth to go with build without spending god knows how much on new.

heavyp

You heard it here first
Frame bearings arrived thanks to Duncan and DIYMTB great service and the cheapest you'll find in Oz, Ill hopefully get to take the frame in tomorrow to be built.

IMG_5903.jpg

heavyp

You heard it here first
Finally found a new Michelin Comp 32 2.8 tyre, this is a big older than the build but one of the best tyres ever made and doesn't have a shit load of unnecessary branding and design all over the side wall.

IMG_0268.jpg
IMG_0266.jpg

russthedog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
this is sick! Im nearly 6'4" and i probably had about that much post hanging out so you might not need to cut much off. Such a great bike, I loved mine.

PS sold my K9 to a guy in Italy!

heavyp

You heard it here first
this is sick! Im nearly 6'4" and i probably had about that much post hanging out so you might not need to cut much off. Such a great bike, I loved mine.

PS sold my K9 to a guy in Italy!
Damn you haha, one day ill get my hands on one. Yeah I reckon ill only loose an inch or 2 off the post i reckon.

heavyp

You heard it here first
where from? :)
Random actually, I saw a guy on gumtree seeing a Giant DH Comp as they came with Michelin tyres and I asked if he was willing to sell them or swap for some maxxis i had turns out he had a new Comp 32 and ok 16 SO I offered him some cash and he sold them to me.

heavyp

You heard it here first
Sorry for the lack of updates, I went to Europe over the new year and managed to get stupidly sick when I got back 3 weeks ago.

I popped into grab my forks today from http://www.nsdynamics.com.au who have turned an average fork into something special feeling with their Hyper Performance service before its even on the bike, buttery smooth and hardly has any friction from the Racing Bros seals just from pushing on the fork by hand.

If your looking at getting your a fork/shock serviced I cant recommend these guys enough, you'd be silly to spend your money anywhere else from what they have done for me and what i have seen them do in the flesh with attention to detail and their custom mods and tweaks.

IMG_2526.JPG
IMG_2525.JPG
IMG_2529.JPG

Little update: I decided to take the decals off this evening as I'm having some others made up
IMG_2533.jpg

Last edited:

Sanders.

Likes Dirt
NS Dynamics are the BEST! Use them for all suspension servicing and recommend all customers/friends to them. Quick turn around and best servicing.

Sunday should look good on completion. Keen to see it!

heavyp

You heard it here first
Pics with forks in frame...?

Boom king is a saviour for Sundays.
They're coming all in good time, If you look at the top of this forum I decided to start another retroish build yes I just can't help myself haha so this may slow down a little but I want everything to be perfect

heavyp

You heard it here first
Sorry about the crap iPhone pics but I can't be asses to take proper pics of it just yet

Finally pulled my finger out and got my frame built up, had to get the bottom link cut to take the rc4 also brand new bearing kit installed and new pivot hardware and bolts.

I have since found out thats these fox shocks were known for blowing out the compression assembly which is a sucks.

Pretty happy with how its looking. Juts need some decals made up but not to sure where to get them done!?!

IMG_3737.jpg
IMG_3720.jpg
IMG_3721.jpg
IMG_3732.jpg

Last edited: