2008 Year 12 thread

henryg

Likes Dirt
Cruisin in all subjects :rolleyes:.
Yeah? hows our McNerdy methods class goin for ya??:D

Im doin:

Methods
Physics
Music Industry Skills (best thing ever known to man)
Business Management
English Language

I want to get anything over 80, which i think is pretty achievable. Just got home from my Physics Mid Year, raped it..

S_Town

Likes Dirt
Only one exam tomorrow, Psychology. Doesn't look very promising.

I was aiming for an enter in the 80's... Probably down to 60 or something now. :eek:

kjf

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Chemistry complex and reasoning tomorrow, then exam block starts next week.
I should hopefully do better than last term.

tombre2

Likes Dirt
just in response to Matt wanting to get over an ENTER of 70
you need an aggregate of 129+ to get 70+
so to work out your aggregate simply add up the scores you want to get, i.e
english 30
maths 26
geog 30
history 20
art 34
= 130
but keep in mind some subjects change hugely after they're marked up or down

heres a VCE ENTER calculator you can download and waste plenty of time on
it shows you how much subjects get altered by
http://bryn.humberstone.id.au/computer/index.php

good luck to everyone
hope that helped in someway, sorry if it was already covered

cheers tom

Sean

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just did physics today. It was far too easy, which worries me.
Quite a few people I know said physics was easy. This does worry me also, even though I don't do it, as you all may be in for a shock if they decide to make the end of year exam epic hard for you guys.

luke.b

Formerly DH Maniac
Quite a few people I know said physics was easy. This does worry me also, even though I don't do it, as you all may be in for a shock if they decide to make the end of year exam epic hard for you guys.
Yeh, not just that mate, but if it's easy, then everyone will get a high mark. Then, if you make a mistake on 1 question, and lose 1 or 2 marks, your score goes down from an A+ to a B or similar. Cos it's all scaled. Top 8% get an A+ next 10% get an A, and so on. I want my results. NOW.

nick

Likes Dirt
Luke, let's be honest mate. Youre a freak you will ace every exam you have no matter how easy they are for everyone.
As for me Im stoked to have no midyears which Ill probably be sour about come November when I have to remember units 3 and 4 for all my subjects. But the GAT tomorrow, should be fun...

luke.b

Formerly DH Maniac
Yeh GAT tomorrow. Haha, it wasn't just me Nick, everyone else who studied thought it was fairly easy. GAT is gonna be soooo fucking boring. Waste of time to the max really. We can't even bring in food. It's crap.

|Matt|

Banned
What's the GAT?
Oh right, you still use the primitive HSC system :p.

Its basically a general exam that you take just in case of some unforeseen event that prevents you from doing one or more of your end of year exams. It provides a sort of basic over view of how you are performing.

nick

Likes Dirt
According to the VCAA book infront of me the GAT is from 10-1:15. I guess some schools might not follow what they say?