2009 ironhorse sunday

Bomb446

Likes Dirt
Read it, bro, it has information from Marzocchi directly, saying that there are manufacturing issues with the fork, consequently they've destroyed mass amounts of forks at the factory, but unfortunately many were sent around the world before Marzocchi realised the forks were faulty.

(The Rainbow Sunday looks gay because rainbows are the international symbol of homosexuals. Pretty simple stuff).
Which is why Marzocchi then redesigned the lowers with tighter tolerances on the bushings and would swap the lowers for free.

As for the rainbows they are the UCI stripes...
And explain to me, what is wrong with someone being gay?

Gruntled

Likes Dirt
Yeah, isn't that a drag having to wait for new lowers though, when you could buy Totems and be waiting for a compression damping unit instead. I know which I'd rather!

How are you interpreting gay. As far as I understand there is nothing wrong with being gay in any form, unless you are just being gay, and then it is wrong.
Those rainbow stripes repesent the World Cup, really? And there I was thinking Sam Hill wore them just to look happy, I mean homosexual, no, I mean gay. Have I clarified the point? The things you learn on the interweb are amazing.

Anyway I need to go back to watching "So you think you can Dance?".

Lube

Likes Dirt
Wasn't this design set until 2010 release? Thats when the next gen IronHorse frames are due?:confused:
It sure may, I haven't been to interested in 2010 release goss just yet, I'm still hanging out for 09' info and gossip haha

samsty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Which is why Marzocchi then redesigned the lowers with tighter tolerances on the bushings and would swap the lowers for free.
Been there, done that.. The new lowers are still shit.. They still have more play in them than a huffy from kmart.. Pure shit really. Marz give you a story that the forks need a tonne of play for them to work good. :rolleyes:

Anyway, back to talking about sundays..
ps. Not everyone brough one because Hill rides one.. Some people actually brought it because it had the angles that they wanted in a bike. But, there are lots of people that I'm sure would even buy crap if their hero rode a bike that kinda looked the same.

andy73

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not everyone brough one because Hill rides one.. Some people actually brought it because it had the angles that they wanted in a bike.
Totally agree Sam. Sure a few people out there might be swayed by the fact that Sam rides this bike (I think most of us are a little influenced in terms of product choice by our favourite riders) but I hardly think every rider out there is a little Sam wannabe. Sure we know world champs ride Sundays but anyone trying to decide what bike to buy would have done some research. You'd be hard pressed to find a credible bad review of the Sunday (and no, I don't count MTBR as credible). Read what Dirt Magazine or Decline mag have written about Sundays - pretty positive stuff.

rphughes

Cannon Fodder
Totally agree Sam. Sure a few people out there might be swayed by the fact that Sam rides this bike (I think most of us are a little influenced in terms of product choice by our favourite riders) but I hardly think every rider out there is a little Sam wannabe. Sure we know world champs ride Sundays but anyone trying to decide what bike to buy would have done some research. You'd be hard pressed to find a credible bad review of the Sunday (and no, I don't count MTBR as credible). Read what Dirt Magazine or Decline mag have written about Sundays - pretty positive stuff.

I bought my Sunday after a lot of research into handling, geometry and specs and after reading a chunk of positive reviews. Once I found out Sam rode one (Yeah... I was new to DH...) that just added a little sugar to the already sweetend cake. Even if Sam does stop riding for IH and the Sundays drop off the pro circuit I know my bike will still ride exactly the same for me and Ill still enjoy riding it.

Back on topic, I like the new paint work style on the Sundays, I just dont like the choice of the red colour. I hope IH can produce and sell a lot of Sundays in the next year so they can inject more $$ into the R&D of the new 2010 bikes, they will need it from what I have been hearing about the Ellsworth suspension they licensed.

timmy0081

Likes Dirt
ive never really been a fan of ironhorse but this frames looks sick!

im interested in getting a dualy so i guess i may add ironhorse to the list!

fuzz

Likes Dirt

Have a close look at the Price Tag $199.00. :eek:
"look out you might save a bit on one, next time KMART has there sales! "