Round 2: 19 - 21 November – You Yangs (Vic) – XCO and XCC
Round 3: 10 - 12 December – Hobart (Tas) – XCO, XCC
Round 4: 4 - 6 February – Mt Buller (Vic) – XCO, XCC

DH & 4X Rounds:
Round 1: 5 - 7 November - Illinbah (Qld) – DH and 4X
Round 2: 10 - 12 December – Hobart (Tas) – DH and 4X
Round 3: 15-16 January – Mt Baw Baw (Vic) – DH
Round 4: 4 - 6 February – Mt Buller (Vic) – DH

*Further 4X rounds are being planed and will be released as soon as they are confirmed.

Key features of the 2010 - 2011 season include:

Increased prize money totaling in excess of $70,000 cash plus product
A "end of series" prize cheque for the series winner (for Elite, U23 and U19)
More targeted DH entry fee
Same great organisation and administration
High quality venues
MTBA looks forward to seeing you at Round 1 at Illinbah."

Last edited:

Wikid Z

Likes Dirt
Three Vic rounds?
Awesome, Champs are at Adelaide aren't they?
Yes... New date.

From MTBA website:

Thursday, 17 June 2010

Mountain Bike Australia and Events South Australia are pleased to announce that the MTBA Australian MTB Championships will return to Adelaide but will move to February for the next two years.

Following a very successful competition staged at Eagle Mountain Bike Park in January, the nation’s best mountain bike riders will vie for the national title from February 22 – 27 in 2011 and from February 21 – 26 in 2012.

Mountain Bike Australia Executive Officer Tony Scott said the change in date was due to a number of reasons, all of which will benefit the mountain bike community.

“Eagle Park is a fantastic mountain biking venue and we’re looking forward to holding our national titles in Adelaide for the next two years,” said Scott.

“For a number of reasons, we have decided to move the event from January to February in 2011 and 2012.

“Last season the national championships were held in the middle of the Jayco Australian MTB Series, however the move to February will allow the national championships to be a fitting finale to the summer season.

“This later date will also provide a more suitable preparation for those riders going on to compete on the international circuit at the conclusion of the Australian season.”

Last edited:

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
Is there any downhill MTB at this newtons thing though?
Yep, there is and MTBA was notified that it would be on that date and asked keep it in mind when setting the national DH dates.

Oh well with a stacked mtb calendar conflicts are almost guaranteed these days. I suppose as a rider having multiple events to choose from each weekend is a good predicament to be in

mutters21

Likes Bikes
Any idea whats going on with Oceanas? and can someone tell me how it all works? and is there some AIS camp you can make it to if you do well at nats?

Adrian

Junkie (not the adrenalin type either)
Yep, there is and MTBA was notified that it would be on that date and asked keep it in mind when setting the national DH dates.

Oh well with a stacked mtb calendar conflicts are almost guaranteed these days. I suppose as a rider having multiple events to choose from each weekend is a good predicament to be in
You yangs might be a small round... Oh crap, it's baw baw.

Last edited:

dirt lover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Do you have to qualify to race in a national round? Like get a top whatever position in your state series? Or can anyone who wants to register? Considering going to the Illinbah race as it's not to far away but wasn't sure if just anyone could.

stevenw

Pro Rider
Do you have to qualify to race in a national round? Like get a top whatever position in your state series? Or can anyone who wants to register? Considering going to the Illinbah race as it's not to far away but wasn't sure if just anyone could.
No you don't have to qualify to race the nationals. Just register and turn up on the day.

Please tell me your joking stevew,
I so hope I am joking... heard a rumor and hoping its not true.

stevenw

Pro Rider
If you are serious I have a feeling there isn't going to be too many Australians attending.
Can't see many Kiwi's coming over either.

The council has put alot of money into having races in Shep... This is why MTBA want to hold more races there...