2010/2011 Vic DH State Series Official Discussion Thread!!

mutters21

Likes Bikes
I see your point mate, maybe after we give Bandages a face lift and take out the flat sections then that will be the track to race, the You Yangs will be forever changing. Bandages and Turbulence = 1.6km both the same length just one is faster with less cornering and no real pedaly sections, the other a little flatter and a little more tech. ;)

Also 222 i hope you have been reading all the comments on here about you and have had a real hard think about what you have said, not good bro.
Yeah mad snake! :D Umm, what flat section are you talking about? The jumps down the bottom? Because there good, you can pedal hard and you actualy feel like your going somewhere, where as most of the time, pedaling at jumps, you just feel like your trying so hard and nothings happening if you know what i meen.. or were you talking about the bit after the road gap?

Brown Dog

Likes Dirt
Yeah mad snake! :D Umm, what flat section are you talking about? The jumps down the bottom? Because there good, you can pedal hard and you actualy feel like your going somewhere, where as most of the time, pedaling at jumps, you just feel like your trying so hard and nothings happening if you know what i meen.. or were you talking about the bit after the road gap?
Yeah mate, the bit after the road gap and a section between the rock slab and the step up.

aday

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think everyone trully wants to be like crooks,

http://www.perthmx.com/photos/p17_sectionid/164

This would make the series look pretty Pro, it's something actually the state series wouldn't be responsible for but could encourage? Motorcross use it & it's pretty affective. $77 on that site but other places do it cheaper. I don't think anyone can complain about the price really when we all ride thousand dollar bikes etc. it's just an idea though.

cheif

Likes Bikes
Barjarg in!
youies in!
bawbaw in!
mt beauty in! 10min down hill come on you cant beat it
yack in!
?
?
?
price/entry fees stay the same, its money well spent and is a key component to advancing the sport and the quality of tracks, riders and events
if you could make that capitation fee stretch (or increase it)to get some tv/radio advertising and get greater numbers of spectators to events. even if you spend it on a advertising blitz for the state champs? yep just a thought

CSR

Squid
Can't wait to hear where the rounds will be!! 222man it is ok to have an opinion without being nasty and hateful about it?? geez.. tell ya mum to hug you more or something :mad: I just high five myself for making it down the track most of the times, and if there were more chicks racing and therefore more classes for us then I would race in sport anyway. Being horrible and discouraging to women is not going to encourage that, so your comments don't help in that regard. DERR

Anyway, lucky most of you guys are so awesome to make up for nongs, bring on next season wooohooo!! I will be there holding you up so ner!

jimmy-dh

Likes Dirt
I like the BBQ's that they put on at some of the races! Get some music happening at the shuttle lines to make the wait more interesting. All riders names should be put in a hat and the person that gets drawn wins something...just stuff like that really adds to the atmosphere and allows for more people to have a chance at getting a prize.

Last edited:

swanny

Likes Dirt
Maybe we can get the 222 doosh to dress up in a skirt and walk around with a back pack full of lollies all day through the shuttle que, while he sings the current top 40 tunes. Ticks all the boxes......

woody 14

Eats Squid
Maybe we can get the 222 doosh to dress up in a skirt and walk around with a back pack full of lollies all day through the shuttle que, while he sings the current top 40 tunes. Ticks all the boxes......
ill vote for that. maybe it will teach who ever it is behind that stupid name a lesson and some respect.

cheif

Likes Bikes
off track

keep it on track, 222 weaner shouldnt distract from the purpose of this thread, some one could have the killer idea out there, keep the input coming, and im all for music at the shuttle line, keep the eneergy up.

jimmy-dh

Likes Dirt
Can we please do something about the age groups because I elected to go in under 17's but they didnt let me. This suprised me since im still not even 17 until September.....bullshit!

Calvin M

Likes Dirt
Can we please do something about the age groups because I elected to go in under 17's but they didnt let me. This suprised me since im still not even 17 until September.....bullshit!
Its the same for eveyone esle in your class.
Maybe you should read all the info on the series site and enter the right age group instead of calling it BS.

jimmy-dh

Likes Dirt
Its the same for eveyone esle in your class.
Maybe you should read all the info on the series site and enter the right age group instead of calling it BS.
Yeah i know its the same I'm just saying that they should even it out so that people who are under 17 for the entire season should be able to race in under 17. Would that not make sense?

jacko13

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah i know its the same I'm just saying that they should even it out so that people who are under 17 for the entire season should be able to race in under 17. Would that not make sense?
No, because if you turn 17 during the season you would have to change classes, im pretty sure its taken from national ruling which is from UCI for juniors and seniors, so its kinda stupid and would be a hassle to change

AshR

Likes Dirt
man that was an epic read, and heaps of good points.

granted the table is already out and I was only spectator at one even (Youyangs last round) which was awesome for a first event for me. (and pushed me into getting a DH bike sooner than later)

1. The whistles were awesome, really good for getting the camera ready for the riders over the features and letting people know if they're crossing the track they're about to get mown down.

2. Comintator at the base was awesome, someone said have someone midway too, this could work if they both could hear each-other so weren't talking over the top of each-other.

3. The 'big jump' in the middle with the a b & c line... the A and B lines were good, as it was the big hit and a small drop, but as someone said, the c line was a really steep nasty rock garden... though slower (as lower grade lines should be) was still a pretty hard line for some of the less skilled riders I saw go through there.

But overall was a great race, and the suspense in the elite final was great with the times getting fast and faster as each rider came through :)

I look forward to hopefully riding this next season

jimmy-dh

Likes Dirt
I just remembered that the quality of the race plates was pretty poor. Can you laminate them this year so that they can survive the weather and the crashes.....even the zipties haha? I remember the 08/09, yellow plates were strong as.

Riedy

Likes Dirt
I just remembered that the quality of the race plates was pretty poor. Can you laminate them this year so that they can survive the weather and the crashes.....even the zipties haha? I remember the 08/09, yellow plates were strong as.
Yeah +1 to getting better race plates.
At Yack i crashed in my quali run and my zip tie ripped through my number plate and it was just* hanging on by 1 zip tie, and at the end of my run i had to show my number plate because the timing officals couldnt see it.