2010 Angry Doctor

Knopey

Likes Dirt
It seems pretty clear that the consternation could have been avoided if AROC had tried to reschedule (as they said they would before the event), and if unsuccessful in doing that then told people that they did try and couldn't.

They may have tried to reschedule (who knows) but if they did then they didn't tell anyone they did. Instead they changed the T&C's to make it look like they never said they would try to reschedule. There's the rub.

It's not complicated and it's certainly not their fault the weather was as it was, however pointing out inconsistencies between what was stated before and what was stated after the event is hardly whining - it's a logical question.

Slowman

Likes Dirt
It seems pretty clear that the consternation could have been avoided if AROC had tried to reschedule (as they said they would before the event), and if unsuccessful in doing that then told people that they did try and couldn't.

They may have tried to reschedule (who knows) but if they did then they didn't tell anyone they did. Instead they changed the T&C's to make it look like they never said they would try to reschedule. There's the rub.

It's not complicated and it's certainly not their fault the weather was as it was, however pointing out inconsistencies between what was stated before and what was stated after the event is hardly whining - it's a logical question.
Sure but it is a moot point, in so far as it makes no practical difference, a reschedule was obviously not possible to anyone that can see. The original condition said they'd try the following week - which we already know is impossible. Is there anyone that seriously doubts there are months of work ahead to clear those trails?

-iRideBikes-

Likes Bikes
This is what is really giving me the irates. Have you guys actually seen the damage of the trails? It's literally going to take months before all the vegetation is removed and trail re-construction can even begin. So if a refund was NEVER on the cards, and a reschedule definitely not happening within the next week let alone next 3-4 months then what the heck are you guys complaining about? And as another point, when reading through the comments all I see is a bunch of blokes carrying on like a bunch of 15yr old school girl bitches, pissed off but none too willing to actually do anything about it. How many of you have actually done anything constructive about this situation? You know something that extends beyond 2-3 pissed off posts on Rotorburn during your lunch break? Yeah I thought the weekend sucked, and I never thought I'd hear myself saying "wow that was less fun then Capital Punishment!" but I don't see how getting on an online forum and whining about it is going to achieve anything.*

* And yes I do realise that I myself am on an online forum whining.

** And before someone tells me to calm down, I'm fine thank you. I'm always like this;)

jean5614

Likes Dirt
As ridiculous as your whinging...don't want to be criticized, don't post!

Don't want to risk your money, in the event of a natural disaster or other contingency, don't enter MTB events, go on surf tours, nature tours and so on.
As the man said it's a thread and people, a lot of them have expressed an opinion. It may not be yours, but hey these people sound rational. So slow man, it's not the weather people are concerned about, it really is'nt that difficult. If you go to a concert and it is cancelled you get your money back. There, not that difficult really:rolleyes:

jean5614

Likes Dirt
This is what is really giving me the irates. Have you guys actually seen the damage of the trails? It's literally going to take months before all the vegetation is removed and trail re-construction can even begin. So if a refund was NEVER on the cards, and a reschedule definitely not happening within the next week let alone next 3-4 months then what the heck are you guys complaining about? And as another point, when reading through the comments all I see is a bunch of blokes carrying on like a bunch of 15yr old school girl bitches, pissed off but none too willing to actually do anything about it. How many of you have actually done anything constructive about this situation? You know something that extends beyond 2-3 pissed off posts on Rotorburn during your lunch break? Yeah I thought the weekend sucked, and I never thought I'd hear myself saying "wow that was less fun then Capital Punishment!" but I don't see how getting on an online forum and whining about it is going to achieve anything.*

* And yes I do realise that I myself am on an online forum whining.

** And before someone tells me to calm down, I'm fine thank you. I'm always like this;)
I don't really see the point in the sexist comments, there are a number of women riders out there. It may offend a number of people who read these posts.

Another thing is that you are just ranting about what? People sharing feelings about an event. The people that you are whinging about are talking about an actual event. What are you actually doing?

-iRideBikes-

Likes Bikes
I don't really see the point in the sexist comments, there are a number of women riders out there. It may offend a number of people who read these posts.

Another thing is that you are just ranting about what? People sharing feelings about an event. The people that you are whinging about are talking about an actual event. What are you actually doing?
What was I ranting about? To me thats so obvious it doesn't even warrant an explanation. Fair call on the school girl reference though. If I offended anyone, 15 year old school girl or otherwise, I apologise profusely. I know plenty of 15 year old school boys who bitch and complain too:D

HerdingCats

Likes Dirt
What this thread reveals about us

The stats about this thread are revealing. Regardless of your position (AROC jilted us v on ya bike whingers), the numbers are big:

-- No 5 in the number of views, whooping XC Wheels and Cyclocross and tracking in on XC tyres
-- By posts for the age of the thread, 2010 Angry Doctor must be no 1

Sad really - we have the premier XC event for the year (24 Solo World Champs) next month and there's not been a post on that thread since Wednesday morning.

Time to move on ...

Rookie

Likes Dirt
Thats because some people are obsessed carrying on like pork chops for 100 bucks.

Last edited:

davzab

Likes Dirt

Don't want to risk your money, in the event of a natural disaster or other contingency, don't enter MTB events, go on surf tours, nature tours and so on.

Sure but it is a moot point, in so far as it makes no practical difference, a reschedule was obviously not possible to anyone that can see. The original condition said they'd try the following week - which we already know is impossible. Is there anyone that seriously doubts there are months of work ahead to clear those trails?
I'm happily open to criticism/opinion slow man, hence why I'm happy to post here/ see what others opinions are..

I know the decision for no cancellation and reschedule makes no difference now, as does everyone, yes its clear that there are months of work ahead (I'm well aware of working on tracks..). Not/never did expect a refund.

I just think peoples main gripe is the communication issues and the dodgy change of the website. I'm happy to stand by my opinion that this was not done since they had completely assessed options and had "endeavoured" into a plausible reschedule of any kind of event, be it at Mogo or elsewhere at 9am on sunday. I still think it is a sly cover up job to push the weekend aside, not look into anything 'event' like for the following backup weekend and attempt to throw a blanket over some of the expected backlash.
A priority on sunday morning to update the website to notify people there would be no reschedule..? why would this have to be done so quickly when most people are in and around the event centre still, without internet access? why did they not mention it over the speaker in person?
don't get me wrong, I know PP's, no grudges here. They are decent people and work hard to put on great events. I'm sure AROC would have prefered it to go ahead without a hitch but their actions over the weekend spoke enough for me..

edit: 33,000 views.. wow.

Last edited:

vtwiz

Likes Dirt
I was never intending to ride this event and have not paid/lost any money. For those of you saying "it's just money....move on" it's the principle if the situation.
People should have been refunded their money.
If you buy tickets to a concert and it gets cancelled you either get your money back or they re schedule the concert. Your a complete pushover if you think you should just move on and forget about it.
It's an unfortunate situation and there should be some sort of goodwill from both sides to resolve the issue.
Maybe those who entered this year should get a hefty (50% or more) discount on next years event??
A very poorly handled situation!

rstwosix

Likes Dirt
On a positive note 6 of us were out with chainsaws clearing the Maulbrooks Rd club tracks today. We got about 3.5 km done. The amount of trees down is incredible. We're happy to have made a start.

scbullit

Likes Dirt
On a positive note 6 of us were out with chainsaws clearing the Maulbrooks Rd club tracks today. We got about 3.5 km done. The amount of trees down is incredible. We're happy to have made a start.
I assume you started on the Snake Track?

Jackstack

Likes Dirt

Imagine if ya went on a surf tour and there was no surf. Devestated.

It's strange that you can have an opinion about other peoples opinion, and then get criticised for voicing said opinion, that differs from other people opinions, because it isn't the same as their opinion. Just my opinion.
Let's ride.:)

Tacky Monster

Likes Dirt
Yes! Yes! Yes!
Awesome! I went there on the race day hoping to do a few laps on the snake track and couldn't believe the devastation (I really shouldn't have gone out there at all given the dangerous elements). Thank you locals. I look forward to riding it at Christmas time!

abevern

Likes Dirt
R-e-s-t-e-c-p !

for any one wanting info on where the trails are/were you are more than welcome to drop in/call the shop...

... super appreciative to every one who stayed around and offered to help... its the best buzz just having such an amazing group of people around...

... help just because i enjoy the sport...

... even all to all the negative nellies out there, i thank you for just being there

....still one of the best weekends of the year, getting to meet awesome people(the reason i enjoy MTBing) and i hope to see it happen again

Cheers, Scott.
It's so refreshing to see there are still people who just love the whole MTB thing!

Respect.

kerno

Likes Bikes
Hey Kerno.
I visited my mate in St. George hospital yesterday, layed up with a dislocated hip which they have in traction at the moment via a rod through his knee and sand bag weight. He's having an op today to plate the rear of his pelvis where the femur broke through. He's in good spirits and hasn't suffered a great deal of pain through out the ordeal and strangely enough has hardly a scratch on him considering he came off at about 60kph.

The story goes some one lost it on a water bar and he braked heavily to avoid him and went over the bars at speed. He asked how the other guy was but the paramedics were only interested about him but he has the impression that there were three other riders injured with someone else doing a collar bone. I said it before but worth repeating, he has nothing but praise and thanks for the quick response and professional first aid he received from the kind riders who stopped and helped, paramedics and air ambulace to hospital. It took only 3h15min from crash to emergency in Sydney, apparently the flight was a bit bumpy and wild!

He said to say thanks for the best wishes and hopes the other casualties are ok and is planning to be right for the Fling (to which I said "Yeah, right!)

Fats
Thanks for filling us in Fatts. Hope that you mate makes a full recovery. From the sounds of it, he's in the right mind set to get back on the bike in no time at all.

Well done to those who helped as well. Always good to read stuff like that.

Cheers
Kerno