2010 Angry Doctor

64ponty

Likes Bikes
Push one easier gear than normal in the first 25-50km.

Don't go too deep in the first 5 minutes (ie the first climb before the singletrack)

Enjoy the day with over 1000 like minded people!
Smash the first climb so that you get to the single track with space.

Hammer the first fifty knowing that the climbs are only each about 130m of ascent and you'll have first pick of the goodies at the transitions.

Enjoy getting passed by the 1000 people you left behind in the first 50km!!!

dain2772

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just woke up in tuross head, about half hour south of mogo. And it is raining! Looks like a wet day ahead.

Rookie

Likes Dirt
Yep, I'm in Batemans Bay and it has rained constantly (and heavy) most of the night. Doesn't look like letting up anytime soon either......

Better bring your raincoat I say!! :(

Oh, I just found this report... http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=7956025
MET for Batemans Bay & Moruya indicates it should be clearing to showers this arvo. Do you think this mornings rain will have caused any problems on the course that may change trye choices?

http://www.weatherzone.com.au/nsw/south-coast/batemans-bay

SteppenW

Likes Dirt
Baggage checked

Bike, check!
Clothes, check!
Nutrition, check!
Mudguards, check!
Snorkel, damn! Where is it?

After last year, a refreshing ride through the rain forests of the Sth coast will be most welcome.

abevern

Likes Dirt
Well, so much for the "90% chance of 1-5mm". As of 1030 there's been 11mm at Batemans Bay. Here's hoping there's some decent drainage...

64ponty

Likes Bikes
Starting the rethink bike choice. Might take the hardtail with the cheaper to replace running gear.

Anyone else rethinking tyre or bike choice? I have read the many CP posts about full driveline replacement and can't really afford to replace xo gear ATM.

Steve_N

Likes Dirt
Starting the rethink bike choice. Might take the hardtail with the cheaper to replace running gear.

Anyone else rethinking tyre or bike choice? I have read the many CP posts about full driveline replacement and can't really afford to replace xo gear ATM.
Not re-thinking bike or tyre choice - run whatcha brung... I've only 1 bike anyway... As one who had to replace most of my drivetrain after the CP I decided that XO wasn't worth it and switched back to XT...

psycalist

Squid
MET for Batemans Bay & Moruya indicates it should be clearing to showers this arvo. Do you think this mornings rain will have caused any problems on the course that may change trye choices?

http://www.weatherzone.com.au/nsw/south-coast/batemans-bay
It hasn't rained much this afternoon. It will be a little muddy in sections, but won't be anything like the CP!!

If you're doing the 50km, should be sweet as all the 100k'ers will have gone through and run the trails in first. If you're doing the 100km, yep, you're going to get dirty :p

Markymark188

Likes Dirt
What's that sound..?

Can you hear that...?

That's the sound of the pin being pulled.. ! 6:58pm Saturday night.

Car's packed - Bike preped - Legs fresh - Alarm set (0230am)

I'm out..... call me soft if you must..

Roadie ride tomorrow.. (must remember to reset alarm)

psycalist

Squid
Can you hear that...?

That's the sound of the pin being pulled.. ! 6:58pm Saturday night.

Car's packed - Bike preped - Legs fresh - Alarm set (0230am)

I'm out..... call me soft if you must..

Roadie ride tomorrow.. (must remember to reset alarm)
Enjoy your road ride in this WIND!!

It is blowing an absolute gale here in the Bay...... At least the course will be dry haha