DH 2010 demo 8 ii custum build

jimmy seaton

Likes Dirt
This is my new downhill bike,

I purchased the frame and built it up. It feels great. This is my second demo but this one is by far better for racing.

Frame - 2010 demo 8ii
Rear shock - RC4 450p Ti spring
Front shock/fork - 2010 boxxer world cups
Handlebars - gravity light 800mm
Stem - funn rsx (ti bolts) (gold)
Headset - cane creek
Grips - odi mx
Saddle - Funn
Seatpost thompson elite
Front brake - Avid elixer CR-203mm rotor
Rear brake - Avid elixer CR-203mm rotor
Cranks - gravity light- 165mm
Chainguide - LG1+
Chain - Sram hollow pin
Pedals - Nuke proof neutrons
Rear derailleur - Sram XO Cash green
Rear shifter - Sram XO Nugget gold
Cassette - Duara ace 11-25 (3 titanium cogs)
Front hub - hope pro-ii (red)
Rear hub - specialized- (red)
Front rim - MTX 31 32h
Rear rim - MTX 31 36h
Spokes - dt butted
Nipples - dt
Tyres - maxxis minions 42a 2.5

pinned--->

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I don't think hes actually riding it champ. Anyone who spends that much on a bike and doesn't brake with one finger should but a gun to their own head. :p

Super nice bike mate. Great spec. Any idea on weight?

jimmy seaton

Likes Dirt
yea weight is 17.3

yea i do brake with one fingure when im actualy riding and the bars are not to wide they are perfect.

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks awesome, love the look of the new Demo's even though the changes were resonably subtle.

Awesome build too, enjoy it.

SLEDGER

Likes Dirt
Thanks for posting up your pride & joy I have a Demo 08 2009 of which is the best bike I have had to date & you have done credit to your set up it looks awesome.

I love the Red frame.

andrepalmer

Likes Dirt
Nice build and pretty light too... just not liking the gold stem looks a bit out of place imho. Have fun with it....

joshbb

Likes Dirt
nice, probs my fave dh bike. hand in hand with the 303 rdh. could look better with gold hubs and gold deraliers. dialed as.

$ean

Likes Dirt
The first change I noticed when I went from a specialized big hit to the demo was that I could hook the bike into corners more without bottoming out and the frame setup is awesome. Your bike looks awesome! makes me want to go ride mine:cool:

kezzaM

Likes Dirt
The first change I noticed when I went from a specialized big hit to the demo was that I could hook the bike into corners more without bottoming out and the frame setup is awesome. Your bike looks awesome! makes me want to go ride mine:cool:
You bottom out going into corners? Shit you must have been going quick... Hahaha