2010 Snow season thread

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anyone headed to NZ? I'm going in july, looking at visiting perisher as well if good season and Japan at the end of the year.
I live here now - Where are you gonna be hitting up when you come over?

More snow dumps over the last few days, Snow Farm (Yes it's XC ski, but still) has almost 3 and a half metres of snow!

Bilza_ridez

Banned
Anyone headed to NZ? I'm going in july, looking at visiting perisher as well if good season and Japan at the end of the year.
Me and my family were planning on heading to NZ but we changed and decided to
head to perisher because we have never tried the NSW snow fields
In snow forecasts I saw on weather zone possibly 10 cm tomorrow and very low temps great for snow making.

trouble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I live here now - Where are you gonna be hitting up when you come over?

More snow dumps over the last few days, Snow Farm (Yes it's XC ski, but still) has almost 3 and a half metres of snow!
Heading over on the 14th July-24th. GOing to be going the all the queenstown ski places, looking into some heli skiing one day also?

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Heading over on the 14th July-24th. GOing to be going the all the queenstown ski places, looking into some heli skiing one day also?
Ah ok, I'm at Cardies so won't be at the same place. Should be good, everywhere is getting a decent amount of snow at the moment.

All the common Heli spots are absolutely rad, too expensive for me at $100 a run though.

Venciferus

Likes Dirt
I spoke too soon, snow at Buller for the opening weekend, first time since 2007, going to try and get up there Tuesday if there's a bit more natural snow.

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
I spoke too soon, snow at Buller for the opening weekend, first time since 2007,

you sure? i cant remember, but what about last year, was there no snow opening weekend? i swear i was up there, maybe i wasnt. i was defintaly up there for the "may" opening.

Venciferus

Likes Dirt
I'm just going by the articles Buller is pushing out and they said 2007, so I'm not sure. I am jumping out of my skin to get up there, may even go up Saturday, the entirety of Bourke street is open as well as Emirates so we'll just ride Shaky Knees, either Saturday or Tuesday, Sat has $50 lift tickets though, just worried about massive crowds and not being able to get much riding in, is that the case on opening weekend?

Venciferus

Likes Dirt
Ended up going today and it was well, well worth it, not too many people, decent snow, rode the new board and loved it. Shaky Knees had fair few makeshift jumps and decent hip, was fun hitting all that up and even more fun watching people smash themselves off them, some MBP dudes made a little park on Bourke Street with a couple of little boxes and rails, aweesssommmeee.

sawtell

Ended up going today and it was well, well worth it, not too many people, decent snow, rode the new board and loved it. Shaky Knees had fair few makeshift jumps and decent hip, was fun hitting all that up and even more fun watching people smash themselves off them, some MBP dudes made a little park on Bourke Street with a couple of little boxes and rails, aweesssommmeee.

nice one! where abouts did you park? i rember the first few weeks of last year, i some how managed to park in the village square! some reason the road people werent getting to the carpark untill like 9-10.!

Venciferus

Likes Dirt
Just parked in the main, massive carpark, was about 25 cars in there when I parked in there so that was good, parking in the village square is just on the side of that road isn't it? Did a maddog drift at that channel 7 corner, was super icy and didn't think I'd need 4WD anywhere so left the ute in 2WD, I could see the guys face in the car behind me, he lost his shit hahahahaha, was going that slow though, it was like a real drift with nice angle and countersteer but all at 5 km/h.

sawtell

Just parked in the main, massive carpark, was about 25 cars in there when I parked in there so that was good, parking in the village square is just on the side of that road isn't it? Did a maddog drift at that channel 7 corner, was super icy and didn't think I'd need 4WD anywhere so left the ute in 2WD, I could see the guys face in the car behind me, he lost his shit hahahahaha, was going that slow though, it was like a real drift with nice angle and countersteer but all at 5 km/h.

good corner that one, nice and wide after it where the bus/chain/overtakin bay is just incase you go a little to hard into the drift!

i still like unnamed corner the best super tight, right hand, step.. POS VS commo really loves being chucked into 1st up there!

donthucktoflat

Eats Squid
wow this thread is long as now.

I'm living at perisher at the moment. snow is icy as fuck in the AM and then goes slushy and fun later on. had about 5 hours on the hill today and had good fun. front valley, the quad, happy valley and blue cow are open. front valley park is small but ok. one 25ft stepdown and a bunch of boxes and rails but landings are getting chopped out really bad by like 2pm. wait 3 weeks before spending all ya money to come here and get some decent snow.

genetic_injury

Likes Dirt
Ah ok, I'm at Cardies so won't be at the same place. Should be good, everywhere is getting a decent amount of snow at the moment.

All the common Heli spots are absolutely rad, too expensive for me at $100 a run though.
For an average skier/snowboarder how long would it take to complete a basic heli run?

l +Jarrod+ l

Likes Dirt
What would be a good snow boarding website to by from? I know of chainreaction and torpedo 7 thats it. Im after bindings and boots

Bilza_ridez

Banned
the week ahead predictions

well Friday looks quite bad with rain turning to snow later on, maybe 20-30 mm before it cools then 10 cm expected

but next week looks like the best system i've seen for while with 40 -50 cm expected down to 1000m in the Tuesday - Wednesday period
this looks like the kickstart we've been looking for guys

dog boy

Likes Dirt
+1 for sierra just bought a complete set up of there for $440 and mates bought some stuff too so i saved $130usd straight up on postage, then i went into snowbiz in the city and priced up what i bought online for $440, it was about $1200 worth of stuff.